IGNORED

Shobaleader One: D'Demonstrator

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

i don't love it, but don't hate it also.

for me it is not as good as his earlier music, but i support this whole new direction and i want to follow its evolution.

might need to grow with time, as i am enjoying Cryptic Motion a little more this time and didn't when i first heard the single.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

yes.

edit: if you don't enjoy tracks like plug me in, abstract lover and endless night, you are not human.

i love abstract lover.

it's quite sexy.

Guest AcrossCanyons

do we really need another shobaleader thread? what's this? like, the fifth?

that said, I digiddy-dig-igg-it.

Just arrived through my door... poor work on packaging the album Warp. Surely the work of one of the label's mainstays deserves slightly more luxury or at least more attention to presentation. This flimsy package is suitable for an EP but not an album, no effort what so ever. I understand in our current climate of music publishing the focus is more on the music because of digital sales and pirating but this just seems a bit lazy for a label that's released a great deal of music with fantastic design in the past.

It'll take me a bit longer to form an opinion on the music. First listen and I'm enjoying it more than JAS but I think it'll take me a while to adjust to this style. I reckon I'll be able to get into about 50% of it. I might be going mad but I couldn't hear any of the French cartoon theme tunes or super-slick R'n'B that they mention in the Boomkat review.

Just arrived through my door... poor work on packaging the album Warp. Surely the work of one of the label's mainstays deserves slightly more luxury or at least more attention to presentation. This flimsy package is suitable for an EP but not an album, no effort what so ever. I understand in our current climate of music publishing the focus is more on the music because of digital sales and pirating but this just seems a bit lazy for a label that's released a great deal of music with fantastic design in the past.

It'll take me a bit longer to form an opinion on the music. First listen and I'm enjoying it more than JAS but I think it'll take me a while to adjust to this style. I reckon I'll be able to get into about 50% of it. I might be going mad but I couldn't hear any of the French cartoon theme tunes or super-slick R'n'B that they mention in the Boomkat review.

Did you even listen to Plug Me In, Abstract Lover, or Endless Night?? <---- Obvious slick R&B inspirations on those tracks

did you get the vinyl version? so it's basically packaged like a 70s album? i can understand that if so. the latest pivot one was the same, thin vinyl with flimsy packaging. JAS had some pretty flimsy packaging too.

is there a poster?

Guest David R James

I had expected the Digital release to come out weeks ago, way before the actual release date as with all the other hi profile releases from warp this year.

Guest rubberjohny

I could realy love some of those tracks if Daft Punk would pull out their cocks out of Toms arse and wont force him singing like he swallowed a fockin Robot.....

Even though endless night sounds good....

Did you even listen to Plug Me In, Abstract Lover, or Endless Night?? <---- Obvious slick R&B inspirations on those tracks

I can see what you mean, I was hoping he might have done something like a commercial R'n'B style track in his own style, the tracks you mention may have a hint of it but I would like to hear something like his take on UK Garage with Red Hot Car. I'm not implying I want jungle breaks over an R'n'B style work out but perhaps something like Timbaland gone weird.

Personally, I feel it could be as simple a thing as the drums being the thing that drags the last two/three albums down. Give them a bit more kick, variety and badass-ness, and all the rest would also feel good.

Guest ruiagnelo

Personally, I feel it could be as simple a thing as the drums being the thing that drags the last two/three albums down. Give them a bit more kick, variety and badass-ness, and all the rest would also feel good.

i see, maybe it would work.

same sexy and r&b-ish feeling, more drums.

Guest Scrambled Ears

i have listened to this

it is an excellent record made in poor taste... i hear more hip/hop r&b and lite jazz influence in this than is healthy...

though i like cryptic motion which maybe makes me think if there was more stfu and bass it would all be better

http://fah.kaen.org/stuff/charlotte-hatherley_-_white.mp3

(Charlotte Hatherley - White (Squarepusher Remix))

wtf?

holy shit! my girlfriend's housemate has the 7" of that, and i always wondered what the hell it was. i'm even more surprised now!

edit: the original for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESigE4Upmgc

pretty good song actually!

http://fah.kaen.org/stuff/charlotte-hatherley_-_white.mp3

(Charlotte Hatherley - White (Squarepusher Remix))

wtf?

holy shit! my girlfriend's housemate has the 7" of that, and i always wondered what the hell it was. i'm even more surprised now!

edit: the original for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESigE4Upmgc

pretty good song actually!

Not really a fan of the original, but i wonder why the remix is exactly Frisco Wave but without everything else but the bassguitar..

btw, love this album, nuff said from my side

Archived