IGNORED

Tron Legacy soundtrack sample

BOCfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

the way they are advertising this film, I'm surprised Daft Punk aren't key characters.

oh and by the way, that Derezzed video is AAAMMMMAAAZZZINNNG!!!!!

hey guys, this is sad and all but I don't have any albums by Daft Punk besides Alive 2007 which was great.. not really sure what to get next.. ideas? I'll definitely get this when it comes out though.

hey guys, this is sad and all but I don't have any albums by Daft Punk besides Alive 2007 which was great.. not really sure what to get next.. ideas? I'll definitely get this when it comes out though.

well replace that with alive 1997 and then get homework.

you're in business!

Guest analogue wings

daftpunktron.jpg

I really hate that shade of blue specially since it's on every movie these days, the original Tron was so full of color... no one takes risks anymore.

Music video director hired to make nerdstalgia sequel for Disney fails to take artistic risks. Film at 11.

daftpunktron.jpg

I really hate that shade of blue specially since it's on every movie these days, the original Tron was so full of color... no one takes risks anymore.

this makes me so angry.

whereiscolour.png

i mean for FUCK'S sake.

i reckon it'll be a rip-roaring 3D adventure for all the family but i can't see anyone ages 8-18 remembering it as being in any way iconic in 28 years time, as i and many other people do with regards to the original.

edit: i was five when tron came out, and watching a dodgy bootleg (thankfully not a screener, which existed even then) of it on a very very early VCR is one of my earliest memories.

Guest Backson

this will be an expensive blockbuster that won't quite please the nostalgia of IDM nerds towards a 1980's sci-fi.

i hope that didn't shock anyone too much.

i had a light cycle. plus one of those translucent guard dudes with a staff. I was the envy of my playmates. The stand up arcade game was dope too (translucent stick controller!) I was sad when bearded snail dude died. That is all.

Guest analogue wings

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that that is not the most memorable piece of music I've never heard.

Guest analogue wings

Did any of you honestly expect a TRON sequel to not get a ton of CGI injected into it?

Nah you were the only one hip and savvy enough to call the CGI thing. Everyone else thought they were going to film on location inside a giant computer.

Did any of you honestly expect a TRON sequel to not get a ton of CGI injected into it?

actually, i would've preferred them to have gone with fully CGI characters inside the computer world, like the VFX Concept footage was. That had at least some fucking character with the way that the faces appeared to hover on the helmet 'display'.

at the moment it just looks like some people wearing suits with lights attached to them on a green screen stage. which is exactly what it is.

also occasionally sucking Daft Punk's collective cock.

Archived