IGNORED

Tron Legacy soundtrack sample

BOCfan

I definitely prefer the non-orchestral stuff and hope the majority of the soundtrack leans that way. Do we really need to hear the Terminator 2 soundtrack yet again?? Cuz that's exactly what it sounds like, with the beats adjusted ever so slightly. *sigh*

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a massive Tom Bangalter fan... nothing can surpass his irreversible soundtrack Imo...even with Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christ it just dosnt cut it the way Thomas works on his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYy5RL3gzhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eduBNsT4Zwc&feature=related

oh, we just enjoy their music quite a bit and like to share our joy amongst ourselves for fun.

is that okay with you?

Cos we could just enter threads for stuff we already know we don't like and post one sentence comments if that would please you more.

well i had checked this thread out because i was hoping that they wouldn't go down the well beaten path of the same stuff they always do, you know, because this is supposed to be a soundtrack for a film and have some atmosphere.

:facepalm: shut up osc... seriously

would have been better if they didn't use an orchestra and instead went all synth.

i feel like there must some some kind of union influence still present in major hollywood films when it comes to hiring an orchestra. The closest modern movie music gets to sounding electronic is when its chopped to shit on Protools, sanitized and polished beyond having any evocative effect ALA Bt's score for Stealth

i remember hearing about the soundtrack for Watchmen before it came out, every reviewer said 'it sounded like vangelis or bladerunner, really dark and retro' turns out they were wrong as fuck. It sounded like a discovery channel science show background music including those sampling library recognizable drum sounds.

Guest Sir Winston

I like this, and I haven't been massively keen on them since homework. Listened to it twice in a row last night, I do not do that very often. Nice.

i feel like there must some some kind of union influence still present in major hollywood films when it comes to hiring an orchestra. The closest modern movie music gets to sounding electronic is when its chopped to shit on Protools, sanitized and polished beyond having any evocative effect ALA Bt's score for Stealth

as i understand it, a film without a symphonic score can't win an oscar for best score.. even if it had the craziest and lushest electronic score of all time.

oh, we just enjoy their music quite a bit and like to share our joy amongst ourselves for fun.

is that okay with you?

Cos we could just enter threads for stuff we already know we don't like and post one sentence comments if that would please you more.

well i had checked this thread out because i was hoping that they wouldn't go down the well beaten path of the same stuff they always do, you know, because this is supposed to be a soundtrack for a film and have some atmosphere.

:facepalm: shut up osc... seriously

i haven't said anything in this thread for almost a month, and you're telling me to shut up now?

no, YOU shut up

as i understand it, a film without a symphonic score can't win an oscar for best score.. even if it had the craziest and lushest electronic score of all time.

that's some bullshit

Guest ruiagnelo

i like this soundtrack.

maybe because i didn't have any expectations at all.

and i like to think that even the orchestral pieces have a touch of daft punk to it.

1978, Midnight Express, Giorgio Moroder

p.s.: Can you beleive it won against John William's Superman. SUPERMAN FFS :facepalm:

Guest analogue wings

1978, Midnight Express, Giorgio Moroder

p.s.: Can you believe it won against Ennio Morricone's Days of Heaven. DAYS OF HEAVEN FFS :facepalm:

fixt

Supes is just better than Days of Heaven. It's SUPERMAN. ta-DADA! SU-PER-MAN! There is no other leitmotiv in the history of music that represents a character better than what John Williams created. It's all there... in 3 notes.

• 2 weeks later...

i swear this is how the film should of looked.

Wow no kidding, wft that looked amazing and now I'm mad they didn't went with that style.

yeah, i like how it looks very flat instead of super glossy surfaces.

the movie hasn't come out yet, so maybe the trailer is misleading?

i swear this is how the film should of looked.

Wow no kidding, wft that looked amazing and now I'm mad they didn't went with that style.

yeah, i like how it looks very flat instead of super glossy surfaces.

the movie hasn't come out yet, so maybe the trailer is misleading?

aye, the flatness is great.

i find it doubtful the trailer is missleading.

What's great about that Daft Punk Tron clip is that it's basically what the original Tron would have looked like if they had the current tech, it's an improvement compared to the original Tron visuals while not cloning it, in other words, it's perfect, even down to the glitchy video effect at the end.

Archived