IGNORED

Tron Legacy soundtrack sample

BOCfan

What's great about that Daft Punk Tron clip is that it's basically what the original Tron would have looked like if they had the current tech, it's an improvement compared to the original Tron visuals while not cloning it, in other words, it's perfect, even down to the glitchy video effect at the end.

here here

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Plot synopsis from (very negative) AICN review:

an orphaned young man is destined for greater things because of his presumed-dead father; he finds himself in a fantastical world he's always dreamed of, and discovers he has a particular talent for the futuristic weapons and objects found in this world; his guide is a mystical man in a large cloak who talks about meditation a lot; he is betrayed by a man in a sky palace; an arm is chopped off during battle; the girl he likes is the last of her kind; the boy works out his daddy issues by fighting a hollow representation of his father in the final battle, after said representation defeats his cloak-wearing mentor.

:nelson:

What's great about that Daft Punk Tron clip is that it's basically what the original Tron would have looked like if they had the current tech, it's an improvement compared to the original Tron visuals while not cloning it, in other words, it's perfect, even down to the glitchy video effect at the end.

here here

i can't disagree with this more than i already do, if you were say, describing the videogame Rez you would be absolutely correct

Plot synopsis from (very negative) AICN review:

an orphaned young man is destined for greater things because of his presumed-dead father; he finds himself in a fantastical world he's always dreamed of, and discovers he has a particular talent for the futuristic weapons and objects found in this world; his guide is a mystical man in a large cloak who talks about meditation a lot; he is betrayed by a man in a sky palace; an arm is chopped off during battle; the girl he likes is the last of her kind; the boy works out his daddy issues by fighting a hollow representation of his father in the final battle, after said representation defeats his cloak-wearing mentor.

:nelson:

where can i read that review i must have missed it? The AICN folks have basically been singlehandedly marketing this to geeks as totally non embarrassing and awesome 'reboot' of a franchise. Overwhelming praise coming from their camp, so i very much want to read something counter to that

Guest analogue wings

Here's the bad review:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47747

Harry the Shill King's review was a total "I can haz set visit" geek out as usual, but included the telling code phrase:

TRON LEGACY – I’ve no idea how it’ll play beyond the core. I am the core, it works wonderfully for me.

Which to me said "it's shit but i'm not prepared to admit that to myself, let alone you"

here here

i can't disagree with this more than i already do, if you were say, describing the videogame Rez you would be absolutely correct

You've misinterpreted both Rez and Tron if you think that.

Archived