IGNORED

Zune HD

Guest Billov

i love it, it gives you all the functions you wish the ipod had, simple stuff like inserting tracks next or at the end of current playlist and creating playlists easily, among other things. i don't think there's a chance of it fucking it up, you can always reset it to factory state.

Huh... a friend of mine had told me it could potentially screw it up, so I never did. But hey, S9 beats the tar out of my old iPod, aesthetically and quality-wise, plays more files and my ipod's battery life was something like 8 hours. And no iTunes.

Only thing I don't like not having (or being unable to find) on the S9 is that there seems to be a lack of 'shuffle all tracks' options... at least with the UI I have (one of the more popular ones for the browser, it's red and black... forgot the name and can't be arsed to plug it in and find it).

• 1 year later...
Guest Deep Fried Everything

holy fuck, these players look amazing. i need to replace my old X5L (RIP.. :cry:), and either the s9, j3 or d3 plenue would be fantastic.

am i correct in seeing that these devices can connect wirelessly for file transfer via bluetooth?

Guest Deep Fried Everything

addendum: the preferred alternative, i think, to a new player is getting an old 5th gen ipod video and loading rockbox. i'm pretty certain, due to budgetary issues, that's what i'm going with.

I'm fairly certain my 160gig ipod classic got stolen from a house party we had (probably one of the friends of the housemate the other 4 of us hate) These S9 ones look great and all but they all lack in comparison to the storage space the ipod had, I had like 116GB of music on there. Does anyone know of any brand that compares in storage space?

I'm fairly certain my 160gig ipod classic got stolen from a house party we had (probably one of the friends of the housemate the other 4 of us hate) These S9 ones look great and all but they all lack in comparison to the storage space the ipod had, I had like 116GB of music on there. Does anyone know of any brand that compares in storage space?

http://www.amazon.com/COWON-160-MP3-Player-Black/dp/B0048BPI7C/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1321297520&sr=1-2

am i correct in seeing that these devices can connect wirelessly for file transfer via bluetooth?

dunno about the d3 but from what I understand, the s9 and j3 only have bluetooth 2.0 support, meaning that they only support headset connection - wireless headphones that is - not wireless transfer (which would be awesome)... At least that's what I read over at iaudiophile.net (the cowon mecca)

To add - my d2 is about to die any second now so I finally bought a j3 32gb just in case - having my eyes on it since day one.

Best mp3 player atm, and I do read lots of tech news and compare my shit all over the web before buying it - being a person who only uses the mp3player as a mp3player and not as a movie/wifi/phone-without phone-handset.

http://www.amazon.co...21297520&sr=1-2

OMG WANT... bit pricey but.. WANT

Been a Cowon user ever since I got my first DAP, the iAudio X5L. When that died after being dropped one too many times, got myself an i9, which is a flash based 16gb player and I am very happy with it. Battery on it seems to last forever and the sound is great and plays all kinds of formats out of the box. And it does not need any stupid and bloaty software to transfer to and from it, a definite dealbreaker for me.

i've been using an mpio fg200 512mb mp3 player for the last 5 years which is enough for 5-6 albums. it's small, the quality is very good, the interface is drag n' drop and it also kinda forces you to develop a habit of getting know those 5-6 albums very well, i never use shuffle or custom playlists and stuff like that, simply pure album listening. i also have an older 16gb creative player but i just don't see the point in all that storage space as most of the time you get to visit your mp3 storage station daily anyway ?

I've had my 80gb ipod classic for like 6 years and it was only about 10 months ago that the headphone port fucked up. apparently it's a $50 fix. But I hate itunes as much as i possibly can and i'm going to buy one of these http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/COWONX7/product_page_1.php as soon as i can. Fuck itunes and fuck ipods. they last long enough but i'd rather pay $300 dollars a year than have to deal with itunes/ipod bullshit. i hate itunes.

http://www.amazon.co...21297520&sr=1-2

OMG WANT... bit pricey but.. WANT

Yeah, about 50 bucks more than the ipod classic with the same capacity. I'll be happy to pay 50 bucks extra to not have to deal with itunes.

Archived