IGNORED

The KLF - Chill Out

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

2236345993_c1c1fd6572.jpg

anyone else really has a passion for it as well?

this has got to be one of my favorite ambient records ever.

while listening to it today i found that The Lights of Baton Rouge Pass By has Pacific State playing really smoothly in the background. nice detail, really goes well with the song.

Wichita Lineman Was A Song I Once Heard is probably my favorite. The pads and synths are beyond what is possible to be explained.

wish i could experience listening to it in a setting like the one shown in the cover...

I've a passion for it as well, really does what the title suggests. Especially in silent nights, after shower with a mug full of coffee or when appropriately tipsy. The cover also ranks high in my lists, can't think of an image that would suit the mood better.

9/10

Never heard this before I have to say. Reminds me a little of FSOL. Come to think of its got a bit of 'Bush of Ghosts' influence in there too.

Guest margaret thatcher

www.percussionlab.com/sets/klf/made_at_3am_coming_down_off_e

how genuine is this?

it was genuinely made by a fan just after the original chill-out came out, with decks, dats and cassettes. it's not made by the klf or the orb.

Guest ruiagnelo

www.percussionlab.com/sets/klf/made_at_3am_coming_down_off_e

how genuine is this?

it was genuinely made by a fan just after the original chill-out came out, with decks, dats and cassettes. it's not made by the klf or the orb.

thanks for clarifying it mate.

it's :trashbear: for me.

Never heard this before I have to say. Reminds me a little of FSOL.

Yeah, it paved the way for stuff like Lifeforms, and the early Orb records (what with Alex being on there and all).

Great album. I wish there was more stuff out there like it.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread because i am listening to Chill Out at the moment, and i swear i can hear a bit of 808 State's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rtIN9dWHsw

from the 2 minute mark on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE0bRY9U_WQ

very lightly in the background, but i think it is the exact same melody

am i right?

yes.

I always thought that this was one of those albums many WATMMers knew about/would assume you knew about, but I can't fully explain why.

Listened to a lot of this back in the day, like once a day.. Got it in vinyl just recently.

Actually when I was a teenager I wrote a short story for school based on the album where a guy starts a road journey in an old cop car down the places mentioned in the track titles. Also the radio news bit about the teenager crashing his car was included in the story. He then ends up doing mescaline in the desert or something like that. For some reason I got full points from the teacher..

Edit: Although when I read back the story a few years later I was hella embarassed. Terrible.

it's a classic. I love it.

edit:not your short story mokz, although you should probably post it for shits n' giggles.

i love this album very much, but i also feel that some of the other stuff they did was better. both as music, and conceptually.

the orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld and space - space (jimi cauty) are good companions to have, all three sorta sprung from the same source.

Archived