Guest blakeboogie

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up JJ DOOM on sale this weekend, loving it much more than expected. DOOM over a "clubby" beat like "Rhymin Slang" is actually really fun, I'd enjoy hearing more of that.

Picked up JJ DOOM on sale this weekend, loving it much more than expected. DOOM over a "clubby" beat like "Rhymin Slang" is actually really fun, I'd enjoy hearing more of that.

Wash Your Hands

npoess those posts really mean a lot to me - I used to seek out and listen to whatever Doom had put out back in 2005-2006 and listened to the special herbs volumes extensively. While I knew others were out there who found those beats just as amazing it was one of those instances where I realized my enjoyment of that music was a completely solitary activity.

here's my favorite metal fingers beat:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest carthief

Came across this today. I think it's really great:

https://soundcloud.com/double-six/the-child-of-lov-owl-featuring

Also, I'd distractedly listened to the first KMD album, Mr. Hood, a couple of times - never closely, and I'm not even sure if I finished it. Not for any real reason - I wasn't big into the first couple of tracks, but it was more that I just got sidetracked with other stuff and didn't go for a car ride long enough and quiet enough where the whole thing could play.

Anyway though, yesterday I started listening to Black Bastards for the first time - holy shit! It sounds completely different, amazing, aggressive...just a beautiful, tough, in-your-face yet artistic piece of work. Definitely listen to it when you get a chance.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

RIP Daniel Dumile, in 2020 we lost a true legend.

Besides his absolutely insane rhymes and poetry, he was also a fantastic producer.  I was just listening to this album a week before I heard his passing, and was blown away when I remembered that he did all the production on it.  Hits you with so many samples it shows his attention to detail, and passion poured into his productions.

Another quick story, in my college radio-dj days, Operation Doomsday was my go-to track when I didnt know what to play next.  I knew exactly where that CD was located in the stacks, and played it at least once every few shows.  Another DOOM production.. so smooth that it can transition in or out of any other mood with ease.  A perfect track IMO.

I'll post more later, but

*Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man's name*

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I heard the news of his passing on new years but it did not start to sink in until the day after. I went on a walk and listened to Madvillainy got home and watched the redbull interview again almost teared up at his closing remarks.

I got into Hip Hop because my older brother listened to it all classic 90s stuff. He had a bunch of great CDs and I got so into the Infamous and It Was Written and other classics, he was cool with me using them whenever he was not home and we had a boombox with a CD player and tape deck on it so I could make tapes of all his stuff and listen whenever which I did with Operation Doomsday. Just fell in love with that album. I was probably the only kid in school whose hero was a supervillain haha.

For some reason some of his simple rhymes are my favorite and this one will be burned in my mind forever

The flow is at pedal pace steady like tricycles
Beware all suckas is froze like icicles

Gas Drawls is probably my favorite song from him but he has so much awesome music so gifted from the booth to the boards as they say.

RIP MF DOOM

Compliments of the town jeweler