IGNORED

the death of "chatmm"

Guest Helper ET

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

When's the next Oversteps sync? We haven't done it in a while! I need your approval, I can't listen to that AOTY alone!

Guest hahathhat

i figured i should elaborate.

on irc, i have a thingy that lets me announce songs as i play them. whereas on chatmm, it doesn't seem to remember that i hate that stupid click noise it makes when anything happens ever. i have to turn sound off every time chatmm loads. sometimes chatmm fucks up my watmm when i dont even use it -- the div widget saying how many people there are in the chat room goes AWOL and appears at the top of the screen. while i'm on it, sometimes the dropdown menu next to my username in the upper left sticks open and i have to clear the cache. along with other things. this site could do with more ends tied up and less gizmadgetry 9000 tetris chat nosepicker. but, really, i don't care if joyrex fixes any of this shit, or removes it, or whatever. that chat app just bugs the shit out of me, and i don't want to use it any more.

on irc, i have a thingy that lets me announce songs as i play them. whereas on chatmm, it doesn't seem to remember that i hate that stupid click noise it makes when anything happens ever. i have to turn sound off every time chatmm loads. sometimes chatmm fucks up my watmm when i dont even use it -- the div widget saying how many people there are in the chat room goes AWOL and appears at the top of the screen. while i'm on it, sometimes the dropdown menu next to my username in the upper left sticks open and i have to clear the cache. along with other things. this site could do with more ends tied up and less gizmadgetry 9000 tetris chat nosepicker. but, really, i don't care if joyrex fixes any of this shit, or removes it, or whatever. that chat app just bugs the shit out of me, and i don't want to use it any more.

Try to stop being so leet with your IRC 90's shit and connect using broadband instead of a 14400 baud modem and mosaic browser.

Guest Calx Sherbet

chatmm is the best thing on WATMM since the name changing.

i'm guessing you're talking about for the forum?

i kinda forgot about that, and at first i questioned if my memory of it was real. it must've been, my name wasn't always Calx Sherbet

tht!mm

where short lived questionnaire-based conversations continue indefinitely for ever

tht!tne actually just makes a chatbot that generates a random compound subject to put in the blank 'whats your favorite ___' every 7 minutes

tht!mm

where short lived questionnaire-based conversations continue indefinitely for ever

tht!tne actually just makes a chatbot that generates a random compound subject to put in the blank 'whats your favorite ___' every 7 minutes

:cisfor:

Try to stop being so leet with your IRC 90's shit and connect using broadband instead of a 14400 baud modem and mosaic browser.

Hell yes thank you Joy Rex!

Anyways, I see nothing wrong with CHATMM. I like when a sync is going on, because there's such a flood of comments my Attention Span actually stays engaged.

Just man up and don't read about the syncs. OR START A COUNTER-SYNC!

:cool:

Actually, no, CHATMM is awful. We should all use a Telnet Server chatroom, and instead of syncing, we could all play MUDS together. I'm cool, right guys?

Guest hahathhat

fix your site before adding more dingleberries.

I did not develop/write the chat application - it's not even hosted on this server. As for the chat messing up the site when you don't even use it - that's virtually impossible. It sounds like you should stop using IE6 and get a real browser, or make sure your computer isn't infested with malware.

Guest hahathhat

I did not develop/write the chat application - it's not even hosted on this server. As for the chat messing up the site when you don't even use it - that's virtually impossible. It sounds like you should stop using IE6 and get a real browser, or make sure your computer isn't infested with malware.

latest version of firefox on a new pc. TRY AGAIN!

again, get a real browser

• 1 month later...

again, get a real browser

CONSOLE GAMING IS 4 N00BS LOL

I went in there last night with a headache the size of a bastard, spoke to Iain C for a bit - seemed as sound as a pound, talked about the evolution of the culture of east London over the last decade or so then left. All was good. Thank you Chatmm.

Archived