IGNORED

Plaid aren't signed to Warp anymore

Guest ruiagnelo

The Forgemasters aren't signed to Warp anymore, but they were there at the Warp20 Sheffield gig.

wasn't the first thing Warp put out by them? track with no name??

would've made sense to feature them at that gig if they had a decent live show organised..

yeah it was the first thing releaed on Warp. unfortunately their performance at Warp20 was quite shit. at least i wasn't impressed. but then again, everyone knows what a cunt i am.

Lol.. true, true. lol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

i think that

at this point label doesn't really matter a thing for Plaid. they are [and have always been] very strong on their convictions and being signed to warp, or not, won't chance or even damage the quality of their music.

i believe that if they want, they will release something, and it will be soon.

maybe it will be better for them to try out a relation with other label, maybe warp will regret it if they let two brilliant artists go. i don't really care, as long as the music comes.

but warp is definitely their label.

i agree with you, ruiagnelo. it doesn't really matter what label they're on or whether they're signed to Warp atm or not.

but you made a thread about it didn't you, so of course.. it makes sense to discuss labels and Warp, etc. here? :)

but yeah at the end of the day what matters is that they keep on making new music, and that one day Scintilli will eventually get released.

i personally think it was finished ages ago and Plaid are just waiting on a release date from Warp. otherwise they'd have got it out already by some other method/ label/ or whatever. etc. etc. :)

Guest ruiagnelo

but you made a thread about it didn't you, so of course.. it makes sense to discuss labels and Warp, etc. here? :)

of course mate :)

was just expressing my point of view!

of course mate :)

was just expressing my point of view!

yeah i know :) and so to the ppl who said it's no big deal or wtf are you going on about contracts for, or who cares, etc. etc. - you can STFU. :)

Guest Ultravisitor

i might be happier if they weren't on warp. after hearing about the refusal of spokes (1st edition) and warp asking them to "tone it down" i'd rather they were somewhere they could be free. but maybe they've spent these last couple of years trying to reason with warp about this whole ordeal....

but then why does Warp let Autechre do what ever the fuck they want???????? (cos they have a bigger following and sell more?)

bollocks to tone it down please. people don't want that! and nobody at Warp should say that!?? *clings on to a slither of their history* :(

Interesting conspiracy theory that I'd like to believe (spokes being my least favorite of theirs) - where'd ya getcha information from UV? :trashbear:

i'm pretty sure it was discussed on this forum but the search function is not appearing on my browser. apparently it was mentioned in an interview with them and there's an alternate version of zeal with a "better" ending or something like that. doesn't really say much. i dunno, i just think they deserve as much freedom as they want and hope that warp are giving them that.

i'm sure they're strong enough to say "fuck you" if needed so im probably just talking horse shit :)

i just think they deserve as much freedom as they want and hope that warp are giving them that.

i'm sure they're strong enough to say "fuck you" if needed so im probably just talking horse shit :)

they (warp) give it to Autechre, don't they.. and Aphex Twin. infinite freedom. but not Plaid, it seems.

i remember reading about the troubles with Spokes, too. that they were asked to tone it down or something because it was too dark in places?

and asked to lose a lot of the more extreme emotional content. something like that. very very sucky warp. bah. :(

Who cares.

Is there something Im missing,

it's all relevant. you're missing that. :)

Not as big a deal as people are making out of it though.

that's a matter of opinion, you apathetic scatty young whipper snapper you! "get involved", int'it. ;)

You old people are too afraid of change. lol

Guest ruiagnelo

Who cares.

Is there something Im missing,

it's all relevant. you're missing that. :)

Not as big a deal as people are making out of it though.

that's a matter of opinion, you apathetic scatty young whipper snapper you! "get involved", int'it. ;)

You old people are too afraid of change. lol

change might not be as easy as you think mate.

as for Plaid, they'll be back on Warp, sooner or later, imo.

Andy said in an interview almost 3 years ago now that they weren't signed to Warp anymore. so that's waaaaay gone, past knowledge.

their contract probably expired after Greedy Baby. hence why they went off to Japan and did 2 OST's between 2006-2008.

then 1 new track and a new remix appeared on Warp20 boxset last year.. 2009

Warp still list all of Plaids live gigs on warp.net .. to this day

Plaid played at Warp20 which i hear included a load of new material.. which is most probably from the forthcoming album (on Warp)

nobody's really gonna give Plaid a better deal than Warp are they? or they'd have released it already elsewhere, no? if it's done that is.

this is all just common sense/ powers of deduction and reason. :)

There. /thread that shouldn' even exist. :tongue:

As for people saying the label doesn't matter...of course it doesn't. It's just all about trying to figure out WHEN THE FUCK we're going to get this new album, and the question of what label they're on has a big impact on that as it could be part of the delay.

I can see Plaid getting more into soundtrack work as would reach a new audience plus keep the fanbase happy. ''IDM'' is dead as a movement these days and they don't need really need Warp anymore but the back catalogue will always bring in cash for both sides for years to come.

Dust Science should sign them. :biggrin:

haha. if only they could afford to! then we might see Scintilli a lot sooner than if Warp release it.

seriously though, that's a shit idea, lol. Warp have better designers and mastering engineers to hand.

so the artwork and the overall sound of the album would be far superior, imo. :)

I can see Plaid getting more into soundtrack work as would reach a new audience plus keep the fanbase happy.

and more live gigs/ collaborations. like Nord Route and the SBGP collab. that's where the money is these days i suppose?

rather than spending a load of money cutting and promoting an album that half of your fans are probably gonna download for free and not pay for anyway.

live shows are unique events and cost about the same price as an album i guess (to get in and listen).

I can see Plaid getting more into soundtrack work as would reach a new audience plus keep the fanbase happy.

and more live gigs/ collaborations. like Nord Route and the SBGP collab. that's where the money is these days i suppose?

rather than spending a load of money cutting and promoting an album that half of your fans are probably gonna download for free and not pay for anyway.

live shows are unique events and cost about the same price as an album i guess (to get in and listen).

that reminds me i have their bang face set somewhere

the money has always been in gigs.

the money has always been in gigs.

hmmm, i dunno.. maybe the bigger gigs/tours, yeah.

shifting 50 odd thousand copies of an album is gonna make you a fair packet, too! providing people pay for it.

not sure how much people pay just for a DJ set appearence.. as opposed to a Live AV gig... or a London date on a tour..

there's gotta be quite a big difference there.

Well I think the plaid gig I went to was €15. Both Ed and Andy were there. Two laptops and a mixer. Probably about 50+ people there Id say. But there was more than one gig going on.

They played new material too :spiteful:

i meant how much the people who're putting on the night pay to Ed & Andy. like for example, say one of them does a DJ set somewhere.. i would assume they'd be getting paid quite a bit less than if it was a Live AV gig, or a big show in London, or a US tour..

surely a Live gig would command more money than say a 45 min DJ set appearence.

and, in the old days when people used to buy CD's and rekkids from actual real 3-D shops and not download whole back catalogues for free, people must've made a tidy sum just from that. but cos half the fans don't pay for anything anymore these days the bigger electronic artists must be making more from their talents by doing gigs. unless you're Aphex Twin or Ae and your stuff sells anyway.

Archived