IGNORED

Deleting songs from albums that you don't like

Guest wake

Some albums have songs on them that are atrocious, but I'm a perfectionist about my music library and so I just end up skipping songs all the time. I'm wondering if other people have the balls to just edit albums on their computers to their liking. Logically, it makes sense, but for some reason I just can't do it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ruiagnelo

i get your point.

i just can't do it.

being it an album you have been listening for years or simply a record you got yesterday, that has a track you really love, i don't think it makes sense at all to just break the whole that is a record.

If there was an album with one track i liked on it... I'd sooner delete the whole album than filter out the really shite tracks. I'm not a "one-track" lover. I listen to albums.

there are some albums that i hold dear and don't do this to. if i have a cd that i don't like half the tracks, i'll only upload the tracks i like. it's as simple as that... if i want the album experience, i'll listen to the cd.

If there was an album with one track i liked on it... I'd sooner delete the whole album than filter out the really shite tracks. I'm not a "one-track" lover. I listen to albums.

this.

some trac's must be deleted. unfortunately it is the way with so many things in this imperfect world.

most times it is not necessary because my favorite artists don't put shit trac's on their

albums but occasionally there is the exception and action must then be taken.

there are certain albums that have been whittled down to near nonexistence, it's always sad to

think what would have been if most of the album had not turned out to be ear burning static.

Guest ruiagnelo

some trac's must be deleted. unfortunately it is the way with so many things in this imperfect world.

most times it is not necessary because my favorite artists don't put shit trac's on there

there are certain albums that have been whittled down to near nonexistence, it's always sad to

think what would have been if most of the album had not turned out to be ear burning static.

so you do believe in perfection...

most times it is not necessary because my favorite artists don't put shit trac's on there

so you do believe in perfection...

troon is proof perfection exists.

I do this a lot

Few examples: Analoggins from Analord 06 , Clayhill Dub from CW , that supernova song from The Orb's Adventures , Obsessed from Electro-soma , i deleted Numbers and Pocket calculator from Computer world and added The Telephone Call (because Electric cafe is awful and i can't have a one song album.) I have also deleted and merged a few of Early Squarepusher albums.

Oh and this is how my Autechre looks like -- 2qk013l.jpg

deleted and merged.

I thought about this yesterday like how would it be if I was able to delete tracks on my iPhone on the go. If I was only looking for one or two specific songs I do delete the rest. But in general I keep stuff as I don't listen to much music that is catchy on first listen

Oh , i forgot , i totally re-arranged SAW ii , here is how it looks like now.

Disc 1:

White Blur 1

Grass

Tree

Domino

Radiator

Parallel Stripes

Hankie

Shiny Metal Rods

Tassels

White Blur 2

Matchsticks

Disc 2:

Cliffs

Curtains

Windowsill

Weathered Stone

Blur

Blue Calx

Mold

Rhubarb

Z-Twig

Stone in Focus

Hexagon

Lichen

I do this a lot

Few examples: Analoggins from Analord 06 , Clayhill Dub from CW , that supernova song from The Orb's Adventures , Obsessed from Electro-soma , i deleted Numbers and Pocket calculator from Computer world and added The Telephone Call (because Electric cafe is awful and i can't have a one song album.) I have also deleted and merged a few of Early Squarepusher albums.

Oh and this is how my Autechre looks like -- 2qk013l.jpg

deleted and merged.

i'm a bit shocked by your kraftwerk butchering

edit: also it makes no sense merging albums like that

Because i payed real money for the fucking tracks and i can do whatever i want.

The way he arranged SAW II was awful (probably wasn't him) , in some way I'm channeling Richard , and he tells me to arrange SAWII ^that way , so yeah , the way i have it is the right way.

Archived