IGNORED

Deleting songs from albums that you don't like

Guest wake

yep i do it all the time.. if i absolutely hate the song i will delete it completely off my computer. if i just dont like it and find myself skipping it every time it comes on, or find that it lessens the experience of the album for me i will just exclude it from all the playlists i make and keep it in the main library.

yea my SAW II playlist consists of like 8 or 9 songs, from both cds.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of one example of an album I like that has a track I simply can't listen to on it. The "imperfections"(?) are often what makes an album great. But there are a few albums I've listened to where one of the early tracks was so horrendous that I stopped listening and never went back to it.

i did this once a long time ago and totally regretted it, i just had fragments and bit and pieces of songs on my harddrive and i couldn't just listen to an album cause nothing was whole. it's not like i listen to TOP40...

Guest Enter a new display name

The way he arranged SAW II was awful (probably wasn't him)

If something is wrong in an Aphex Twin release, it is by no mean Richard's fault. Yeah, I agree.

The way he arranged SAW II was awful (probably wasn't him)

If something is wrong in an Aphex Twin release, it is by no mean Richard's fault. Yeah, I agree.

what's wrong with the arrangement? just curious

Just a bit bi-polar for my liking , with the original arrangement i had to skip tracks because i was "not in the mood for them" , SAWII is an album you have to be in certain moods to listen to , so instead of having to skip tracks all the time , i arrange it according to mood.

I think this is irrational.

a) hard disk space today is virtually endless as you can always get more for very little money.

b) if the album has enough good material, I will spin it from beginning until the end. It has proven to have potential and such albums usually tend to "round up" for me and every song will eventually reveal its good sides, given that the material is strong enough to make me listen to it several times. This is even if I find some tracks to be complete shit at first.

c) For the sake of completeness, even if there's just one alright/good song in the bunch. There's always a slight chance that you one day pick another track from the album and it just clicks with you. This has happened often to me. Taking distance to some music is sometimes a good thing.

deleting tracks from albums is one of the first signs you're becoming part of the mp3 generation imo

I use flac , but i do like the option to delete tracks i don't like (if i don't like it i don't like it , what do you want me to do) , i usually pay for my music (full albums) , the artists already got compensated , so who cares.

I don't delete/rearrange tracks that much , just a few times , most of the stuff in my library are full releases.

Guest dilbthelame

I upload everything onto my pc, i have to have at least the option of listening to everything, even the tracks i don't like

i've never messed around with an albums structure or merged albums or stuff like that..... if it comes to it i'll make a playlist or use the skip button.

though...the music i put on my phone i usually choose quite rigourously, will select whole albums *minus tracks i don't like* etc.

also, skits on rap albums are a perfect example. also hidden tracks/ silence tracks. irritating.

I do this a lot

Few examples: Analoggins from Analord 06 , Clayhill Dub from CW , that supernova song from The Orb's Adventures , Obsessed from Electro-soma , i deleted Numbers and Pocket calculator from Computer world and added The Telephone Call (because Electric cafe is awful and i can't have a one song album.) I have also deleted and merged a few of Early Squarepusher albums.

Oh and this is how my Autechre looks like -- 2qk013l.jpg

deleted and merged.

you just made some serious enemies, bro.

also: how the FUCK can you have an opinion about kraftwerk or their box sets if you just fucking delete the best tracks from the best albums. wtf.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I do this a lot

Few examples: Analoggins from Analord 06 , Clayhill Dub from CW , that supernova song from The Orb's Adventures , Obsessed from Electro-soma , i deleted Numbers and Pocket calculator from Computer world and added The Telephone Call (because Electric cafe is awful and i can't have a one song album.) I have also deleted and merged a few of Early Squarepusher albums.

deleted and merged.

merging is something i do every once in a blue moon. i'll do it with b sides from the singles. i just put them on the album that the single is paired with, at the end. something i really like about digital media.

i very rarely have an incomplete album. i'll delete one or two tracks from an album if i don't like them, but i almost never feel the need to! i generally enjoy most everything by artists i like. my most incomplete album is maybe missing 3, or 4 at the very most.

now if it's the kind of album in which i ONLY like one or two tracks, i just don't have any of it. i can't stand stuff like that...

...or whatever the hell that is that boxing day is doing

I do this a lot

deleted and merged.

merging is something i do every once in a blue moon. i'll do it with b sides from the singles. i just put them on the album that the single is paired with, at the end. something i really like about digital media.

i very rarely have an incomplete album. i'll delete one or two tracks from an album if i don't like them, but i almost never feel the need to! i generally enjoy most everything by artists i like. my most incomplete album is maybe missing 3, or 4 at the very most.

now if it's the kind of album in which i ONLY like one or two tracks, i just don't have any of it. i can't stand stuff like that...

...or whatever the hell that is that boxing day is doing

I don't do that stuff either , i only delete one or two tracks MAX (when i do it)

I do this a lot

Oh and this is how my Autechre looks like -- 2qk013l.jpg

deleted and merged.

you just made some serious enemies, bro.

also: how the FUCK can you have an opinion about kraftwerk or their box sets if you just fucking delete the best tracks from the best albums. wtf.

At least i spent more money on getting the original pressing instead of those awful 90'sand 00's remasters.

Guest Calx Sherbet

deleting tracks from albums is one of the first signs you're becoming part of the mp3 generation imo

maybe, but i'm sure there were plenty of people back in the 70's who would occasionally think, "man, i really wish that song wasn't on there". i think being a completionist with things you don't even enjoy makes little sense. if anything it's inefficient. but what the hell do i know

At least i spent more money on getting the original pressing instead of those awful 90'sand 00's remasters.

Ive not checked it out, but this could be the most retarded thing you've posted.

The most retarded thing i have done is trying to explain myself to you guys , i can do whatever the fuck i want with my library.

P.S - Those remasters are awful , those early 90's Capitol remasters was just bad , it sounded like they were playing inside a blender inside a toilet.

The most retarded thing i have done is trying to explain myself to you guys , i can do whatever the fuck i want with my library.

P.S - Those remasters are awful , those early 90's Capitol remasters was just bad , it sounded like they were playing inside a blender inside a toilet.

It wasn't the remastered part, it was the money part.

i did this once, with a lot of my digital music library, and regretted it. recently i've taken to burning full albums to cd if i've only got them digitally, then deleting the mp3s or flacs or whatever. i find that listening to a cd requires me to listen to the entire album, and it's brought back memories of a way i used to enjoy music that i'd forgotten existed. i'm thinking about just getting rid of my ipod/itunes completely, because it's pretty much ruined my ability to listen to a full album.

Archived