IGNORED

No BoC Until 2011

Joyrex

I have it on good authority that there will NOT be a BoC release in 2010 as originally planned/mentioned, but that there will be material released in 2011 (I'm hoping early in the year), and that it will be worth the long wait the fans have had to endure. No specifics were given regarding what and how much or when, but from the sound of things, it's all starting to coalesce and will finally bear fruit.

Personally, from my perspective, I don't mind waiting, but more info (even if just a friendly "keep hanging in there, fans") instead of radio silence would make the situation more bearable. I know BoC don't owe us anything per se, but consideration should be taken into account that there are a lot of eager fans who have supported the band over the years that perhaps are deserving of some concrete info to assure them their patronage is not misplaced. Other bands seem to manage this well without being totally transparent about their activities and long-term plans, so I know it's within the realm of possibility.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James

Didn't think there would be myself. Thanks for the update though.

But regarding what you say about them not owing fans anything, yeah i think to an extent they do, if many fans have bought their records then they kinda do, sort of

I have it on good authority that there will NOT be a BoC release in 2010 as originally planned/mentioned

this was pretty obvious already. :)

well, i hope it's a good one! (album)

who is this good authority? mdg was supposedly a good authority who said it'd be out this year. but if it's mike or marcus then that would be the good authority. :)

Like JR said, BOC don't owe us anything; hell, everything they have put out has been phenomenal.. if they manage to release some more material then fucking awesome, if not, then they are still true geniuses.

:boc:

Who is the "good authority"?

why so secretive? who the fuck cares who said it? can't it just be a well known person who we'd know have reliable BOC information?? providing clarity instead of stating "good authority" would help when posting a thread like this JR....

It's November 8th. Did anyone still expect a new release this year?

Good authority can only come from the band themselves, or Warp. I presume the latter have finally spat their dummies out.

Before we know it, it'll be new year, and a new round of rumour bollocks.

mdg was supposedly a good authority who said it'd be out this year. but if it's mike or marcus then that would be the good authority. :)

unintentional untrue promise. unforeseen circumstances. inevitable delays.

Archived