IGNORED

Seefeel love thread

Guest The Bro

Guest igloos unlmtd

I'm gonna have to get all these records on vinyl .. it has to be done!! I can't believe I've only got 'Quique' on CD!

I have almost all of it on vinyl. But, the Starethough EP is the best.

Quique works better as a CD. Fractured / Tied looks nice on 10" but it kind of sucks compared to their other stuff.

The album on Replex is more laid back & chill.. better than the Succour (Warp) which was kinda harsh IMO...

Seefeel just did a Red Bull Music Academy interview including a Q&A with Mark & Sarah and some tracks. Check it out HERE.

Nice ... I'll check this!

I'm gonna have to get all these records on vinyl .. it has to be done!! I can't believe I've only got 'Quique' on CD!

I have almost all of it on vinyl. But, the Starethough EP is the best.

Quique works better as a CD. Fractured / Tied looks nice on 10" but it kind of sucks compared to their other stuff.

The album on Replex is more laid back & chill.. better than the Succour (Warp) which was kinda harsh IMO...

Just checked last night and 'Quique' is selling for around £40 on average on vinyl!! :O

I'll go out on a limb and say that "Succour" is one of the most important electronic albums of the 90's.

I definitely treasure this group and "Faults" shows they aren't resting on past glories either.

The side projects that spawned from them are all worth checking out too of course, Scala, Disjecta and Mark Van Hoen's work

as Locust is superb.

Nothing since has sounded quite like Succour. One can definitely hear the progression from Quique to Faults away from more 'drone' oriented guitar-scapes (with the exception of Ch-Vox). The newer productions have a more static-burst aesthetic. I look forward to the new album.

A rare Seefeel track from a 1990s comp...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gonna bump/hijack this thread a little here.

Seeing as I've been on a Cocteau Twins rampage of late, I stumbled across a few EPs today, one of which is the 1995 "Otherness" EP (I'd never heard of it, but it has "Cherry-Coloured Funk", so I couldn't pass on it).

..ANYWAY, turns out it's produced by Mark Clifford (of Seefeel), and it's dead-on Seefeel throughout.

Very lush indeed, and I cannot think of a more perfect pairing of sounds/artists.

do try:

• 3 months later...

going to see them live tomorrow and found this topic by looking for them. there are some very awesome hidden treasures inside the older releases. they just dont jump at you like most music today has to to be successful

• 1 year later...

Gonna bump/hijack this thread a little here.

Seeing as I've been on a Cocteau Twins rampage of late, I stumbled across a few EPs today, one of which is the 1995 "Otherness" EP (I'd never heard of it, but it has "Cherry-Coloured Funk", so I couldn't pass on it).

..ANYWAY, turns out it's produced by Mark Clifford (of Seefeel), and it's dead-on Seefeel throughout.

Very lush indeed, and I cannot think of a more perfect pairing of sounds/artists.

do try:

Yes! It's a spellbinding release and still the only officially commissioned electronic 'remixes' of the Cocteau Twins. Mark Clifford really nailed the style!

Anyone heard Mark Clifford's 'Blue Fi 1'? One of the most beautiful pieces of music.

http://www.myspace.c...iarecords/music

I want to know how he made it.

When I listen to the 'Blue-Fi's it sounds as though Mark was still perfecting the granulated scratch-guitar sound that would be so heavily employed on the 2011 eponymous album.

also this:

cliffordandcalix - "lost foundling (1999-2004)"

calix.jpg

cliffordandcalix3.jpg

Interesting album; very raw sounding. I need to give it some more listens though. Interestingly they collaborated on the 'Pin Skeeling' EP tracks even before these tracks were purportedly produced.

Guest extherium

Love me some Seefeel! Nothing better to relax to. :)

And Seefeel got me into Cocteau Twins, for which I'm eternally grateful. HTRK doesn't go astray either, they're very much Seefeel-ish.

• 4 years later...

Oh, I do hope so. One of the great regrets with Warp, in my opinion. Last I checked, they were off the official roster.