IGNORED

Seefeel love thread

Guest The Bro

• 1 year later...

For the past month Seefeel have been playing 25th Anniversary Quique shows where they play the entire LP live. There was one in Utecht and another in Barcelona recently. The next one is coming up in Paris on November 24th. More dates TBA:

More info on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/374584823280786/

Seefeel for me is one of those acts that generally got more interesting for me post-Quique. Prefer the likes of Succour, Starethrough, S/T, Compass Heart (Scala), etc. Succour might actually be my favourite (and most played) non-ae electronic release.

How have I not posted in this thread!?

This band has become something of a standard-bearer of sorts for a certain strain of music I absolutely love - electronic music that seems to melt shoegaze, dream pop, IDM, and dub in a sonic blender. Slowdive's Pygmalion, 4AD stuff like Insides and Swallow and some recent stuff like 1991, Palmbomen II, and Khotin 

For the past month Seefeel have been playing 25th Anniversary Quique shows where they play the entire LP live. There was one in Utecht

Fuck! I missed that one :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Just snagged a vinyl copy of Quique from my local record shop, $40. When I checked the same pressing on discogs the only copy for sale was $159. That insanity has to be some incredibly hopeful flipper but either way $40 is defo in my price range for that slab of wax. Looking forward to many spins of this one.

Damn, I had no idea it was so valuable - I got my original pressing copy in a punk/metal shop (no idea how it made its way there) for $8.

Honestly given that it’s only one seller I don’t find that price credible. I didn’t do any research outside discogs either - I mean, I was going to buy it either way. It’s the only time I’ve ever seen it at a brick & mortar shop. I’d believe it more if it was a used copy but this one’s sealed.

Damn, I had no idea it was so valuable - I got my original pressing copy in a punk/metal shop (no idea how it made its way there) for $8.

Honestly given that it’s only one seller I don’t find that price credible. I didn’t do any research outside discogs either - I mean, I was going to buy it either way. It’s the only time I’ve ever seen it at a brick & mortar shop. I’d believe it more if it was a used copy but this one’s sealed.

I'd believe it. I've haunted Seefeel semi-regular on eBay for several years and the prices always feel rather steep, S/T aside (ch_vox especially dear for obvious reasons). The sellers clearly feel there are people out there willing to seek, bid and pay.

Quique is a weird one in that I've seen the vinyl around in person as well, but online it doesn't go cheap.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...