15. Part 3: Acids In The Style of Rian Treanor - 3

16. Part 3: Acids In The Style of Rian Treanor - 4

17. Part 3: Acids In The Style of Rian Treanor - 5

18. Part 3: Acids In The Style of Rian Treanor - 6

19. Part 3: Acids In The Style of Rian Treanor - 7

20. Death of Loved One

mark fell

editions mego

which album is better? is this one more of a cold calculated concept electronic thing, they both sound pretty similar so far. Glad mark fell is getting so much attention these days. I still think his best solo work is Secular Music for Yorkshire, which is oddly not mentioned in any of these press releases.

I still think his best solo work is Secular Music for Yorkshire, which is oddly not mentioned in any of these press releases.

i was thinking the same thing. the RA review of one of the upcoming albums even mentioned Ten Types as his only previous release, which is silly. i have to be in the right mood for his stuff with Joe Gilmore as Shirttrax. and his ep as h could easily be early snd. he's not done with it yet, but his upcoming CD on alku sounds (conceptually, anyway) really cool. i'm a big fan of his split cassettes w/ roc on alku as well.

• 2 weeks later...

this is real good

love the acids in the style of rian treanor parts

based on samples or . . .

the compact disc

it has been available for a week or so

http://www.editionsmego.com/release/eMEGO+111

bastard. :wink:

thought it wasn't out till mid month. quite irrelevant, ultimately, as i've requested it for xmas from the missus, so i'll have to wait anyway. i'm very much enjoying Multistability and Head Office Transformation at the moment so i can ought to be able to wait.

this is real good

the compact disc

thought it wasn't out till mid month. quite irrelevant, ultimately, as i've requested it for xmas from the missus, so i'll have to wait anyway. i'm very much enjoying Multistability and Head Office Transformation at the moment so i can ought to be able to wait.

throw in a good word for me with the missus, will you?

i'm a good bloke, would love this as an xmas gift, k?

<3

this is real good

the compact disc

throw in a good word for me with the missus, will you?

i'm a good bloke, would love this as an xmas gift, k?

<3

will do :wink:

After a few listens, I much prefer Multistability. The first set of songs is too similar to "Thunder..." to feel worthy of inclusion here. Having said that, Death of Loved One has to be one of the best songs he's done, maybe because it's less rigid than his usual work. Very pretty

Overall, this is worth having if you're a fan of Mark Fell, but it's less accessible than his other solo albums.

After a few listens, I much prefer Multistability. The first set of songs is too similar to "Thunder..." to feel worthy of inclusion here. Having said that, Death of Loved One has to be one of the best songs he's done, maybe because it's less rigid than his usual work. Very pretty

Overall, this is worth having if you're a fan of Mark Fell, but it's less accessible than his other solo albums.

I like the acid parts, it makes me want to join in on the fun i think i might do an Acid in the style of Alvin Lucier

it is one of his most difficult solo releases for sure, very much on par with Attack on Silence in this regard. Pretty cool that he's getting a lot of press, it's rare that music that is this difficult get's so much attention

Pretty cool that he's getting a lot of press, it's rare that music that is this difficult get's so much attention

(Not having heard this I can't speak to the level of accessibility, however) i agree that it's good to see him getting so much press - i think its, in part, a byproduct of the labels he's working with - editions Mego and RN having reputations for putting out challenging but high quality music. also the fact that he's put together a body of work like he has gives people something to anchor to when writing about him in the press, which helps

Pretty cool that he's getting a lot of press, it's rare that music that is this difficult get's so much attention

I couldn't agree more, it's awesome to see him getting so much publicity. I think Mark Fell's (and SND's) star has really risen in the last few years - rightfully so, since they're producing some of the most distinctive and interesting music out there right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.editionsmego.com/release/eMEGO+116

In January 2011 Mark was invited by Erik Wiegand (aka Errorsmith) to develop some presets for his new software synthesizer which he was developing for Native Instruments. After making about 40 sounds*, Mark decided to rework his UL8 project by developing the pattern generating systems used in its production, connected to the sound developed in Erik's synthesizer. The result is this double 12" single, featuring 9 tracks and a remix from Mark's friend and colleague Mat Steel.

The project ships with an A1 full colour poster. Recorded Rotherham (UK) and Sheffield (UK) March 2011. Mastered by Lupo at Dubplates and Mastering (DE) March 2011.

*unfortunately NI rejected all of Mark's presets and none were used for the final distribution.

Archived