IGNORED

Why The Snares Forum Was Removed

Joyrex

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wait a second. joy rex hates snares, so why doesn't he keep the forum out of spite? better yet, why doesn't he send him an email calling my so-called life "quite good"?
For the record, I don't hate *Snares*, I dislike his music. For me, they are two separate entities. For others, they are one and the same.
Got an email today from Snares himself asking for this forum to be removed
bullshit you did
Hey, believe me or not - watch at all the fucks I don't give.This was my whole point to begin with (being against having a Snares forum), and perhaps Mr. Funk has a point - the hate that permeates this place from time to time can be off-putting to people who put themselves into their art - whether it be music, drawing, etc. Some people can express their opinions in an intelligent, thoughtful manner, and others are incapable of doing so.Aaron said that around 8 or so years ago, he had found WATMM and thought it would be a great place to discuss electronic music, but the amount of hate here drove him away (side note: I find it oddly ironic that an artist who makes brutal (at times), ear-piercing music that would probably get Buddist monks riled up and want to throw their prayer beads and piss on the prayer wheels from the tops of the pagodas would be put off by any hate on an internet forum). I can understand this, and that's the main reason I removed the forum - if people can't moderate their petty feelings to discuss the merits of an artists' music (especially one so polarizing as Snares' music seems to be on here), then it's best not to have a dedicated place to do so.The email exchange I had with him was very mature, refreshing, and has given me a bit of food for thought (on what WATMM has become, for better or worse, as well as Snares' music), and has opened my eyes a bit on this little corner of the internet so many of us frequent.And I don't think I'm going to post the emails, as Aaron didn't ask that I don't do so, but I think I've summed it up sufficiently.

quite a bit of hate. it's done it's testings on many occasions and has raised genuine questions regarding the future.

we however have continued to preserver and believe in watmm despite opposition.

Guest David R James

It must be quite a complement to know that someone with his reputation thinks a forum could have such profound affect . Quite scary actually. The problem here is, people (myself include from time to time) have to try and get there 'dislike' of something across with aggressive hateful posts, when really its just a dislike of something or simple opinion. Like Marmite sort of thing.

wait a second. joy rex hates snares, so why doesn't he keep the forum out of spite? better yet, why doesn't he send him an email calling my so-called life "quite good"?

For the record, I don't hate *Snares*, I dislike his music. For me, they are two separate entities. For others, they are one and the same.

Got an email today from Snares himself asking for this forum to be removed

bullshit you did

Hey, believe me or not - watch at all the fucks I don't give.

This was my whole point to begin with (being against having a Snares forum), and perhaps Mr. Funk has a point - the hate that permeates this place from time to time can be off-putting to people who put themselves into their art - whether it be music, drawing, etc. Some people can express their opinions in an intelligent, thoughtful manner, and others are incapable of doing so.

Aaron said that around 8 or so years ago, he had found WATMM and thought it would be a great place to discuss electronic music, but the amount of hate here drove him away (side note: I find it oddly ironic that an artist who makes brutal (at times), ear-piercing music that would probably get Buddist monks riled up and want to throw their prayer beads and piss on the prayer wheels from the tops of the pagodas would be put off by any hate on an internet forum). I can understand this, and that's the main reason I removed the forum - if people can't moderate their petty feelings to discuss the merits of an artists' music (especially one so polarizing as Snares' music seems to be on here), then it's best not to have a dedicated place to do so.

The email exchange I had with him was very mature, refreshing, and has given me a bit of food for thought (on what WATMM has become, for better or worse, as well as Snares' music), and has opened my eyes a bit on this little corner of the internet so many of us frequent.

And I don't think I'm going to post the emails, as Aaron didn't ask that I don't do so, but I think I've summed it up sufficiently.

Big whatever, I won't cry for him, at least now I know he's a fucking twat despite the fact that his music mostly is shite. Oh! I hurt his feelings, sorry...But now that is my opinion and he have to deal with it without caring it was in intelligent thoughtful manner or not. :shrug:

Cylob next

Cylob shouldn't have one anyway, imo. if he's got one then where's the one for B12, LFO, Gescom, Drexciya/DJ Stingray and all their side projects, etc. etc. ??

*shrug*

btw, never been much into V snares, anyways.. but can understand his point of view. and he has the right to request it be removed. Joyrex didn't have to remove it tho.. but oh well. there's loads more interesting people you could add to the list of subforums anyway.... let's have one for Team Doyobi/ Icasea, and Bogdan :)

let's not have any more, the orthodoxies and saints of this religion have been codified. Let's consolidate our powerbase whilst going out to convert more of the heathen masses.

*goes to watch red sonja instead*

1. snares is correct.

2. this place is full of meek nerd boys who want desperately to be macho. some of the boob and ass threads are proof of that. if i was a touring artist, i wouldn't want a forum for discussion of my music being hosted on what equates to a manga forum.

I didn't even know this forum was a thing. Does it really matter what some geeky guys post about you on the internet?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

he probably sent the email just to see if joy rizzle would actually shut it down. he's probably havin' a laugh right now.

he's alienating his fan base. i would be offended if i were a snares fan... but i'm not, so i'm not offended.

I'm more so frustrated that everyone on WATMM that dislikes the dude has to have a stick up their ass and troll anything related to his music.

no disrespect to Joyrex or the rest of the moderators as this is a very busy forum and I'm sure they have real jobs or more important things to get on with however some of the behaviour on here wouldn't pass on some other forums I've visited which maybe the problem

folk should value being a member here on WATMM as there are plenty of cool in informed dudes but it sometimes it seems more of a place to exercise ones dick

maybe some more moderators with more time on their hands or something....I dunno? :shrug:

no disrespect to Joyrex or the rest of the moderators as this is a very busy forum and I'm sure they have real jobs or more important things to get on with however some of the behaviour on here wouldn't pass on some other forums I've visited which maybe the problem

folk should value being a member here on WATMM as there are plenty of cool in informed dudes but it sometimes it seems more of a place to exercise ones dick

maybe some more moderators with more time on their hands or something....I dunno? :shrug:

what is everyone on about? watmm is very civil.

post a quote showing what "behaviour" is irking you so much, sir.

Is there any reason he doesn't want to be associated with WATMM?

troon

yeah bingo.

also perhaps he doesn't want his subforum to be filled with haters lol.

Probably. I would guess that's more or less on the money.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

this is the start of the death of the artist subforums. BOC and phex didnt realise they could simply ask the forums to be removed. they didn't know it was so simple.

i respect vsnares for his request. a subforum is a horrebel place

in fairness, I have come across some mature posts here. but the overwhelming majority of the posts sound like they're being expressed by a clueless, dorky, moody teenager.

ooh, i figured it out! this whole site is like the idm subforum of a music subforum of an asperger's subforum of a manga forum.

To be fair, I'd hate on the subforums because they're mostly full of shit threads, but I gotta respect the AE forum, it's the only one I hang out in because it's the best place to get AE news - which is all I care about. Aside from the occasional aspergers thread, it's not too shabby. I mean, not that I hate the aspergers threads that much, I just think there's a limit to how much you can discuss an artist. Better for news I say.

Archived