IGNORED

Ever wanted to control your EMX entirely from your DAW?

wahrk

DirectEMX

DirectEMX is a VST plug-in that makes it possible to use your Korg Electribe MX in your host.

DirectEMX features:

• Control and automation of all the EMX parameters from your DAW. That includes Synth, drum and common/fx parts.
  • Pattern import/export in fxb/fxp standard format.
  • Reception of pattern bank sysex dumps, that makes it possible to import all the internal patterns of the EMX in DirectEMX.

With DirectEMX you can use your EMX like a Virtual instrument in Cubase, Live, FL Studio, etc.

You'll be able to:

• Save/Load your project without worrying about the state of the EMX, the plug-in will ensure the sync.
  • Automate all the parameters to create new evolving sounds easily. Why not simulating an LFO on your filter cutoff for example?
  • Copy/paste parts or patterns
  • Use a clean interface that shows the "real" knob values. That includes the mix view and oscillator model shape, while keeping the same approach as the original hardware.
  • See the knobs movements in real time, for the host automation but also for the EMX internal motion sequences.
  • Edit and reverse-engineer patch more easily.

I like it. Despite the fact that my EMX just fell victim to the dreaded "fuse issue". I didn't read it all, I can still use my emx like normal right? Not loosing any features/function.

Oh no!

Yeah, from what I've read about it, you should be able to do anything you can do on the EMX through the plugin and still be able to control everything from the unit as well. The only thing I'm not sure of is if it updates the knobs on screen when you move the knob on the unit. I'm almost certain it does though, because it moves with the automation saves on the EMX pattern.

that's cool. I hate that it's all stupid NRPN midi messages. Makes it almost impossible to even automate from a daw...

Theoretically you could build an environment layer in Logic that could do the same sans nice UI. Should look into that actually.

Looks like you can do it completely in the environment. If any logic users want the layer let me know. I have the EM1, but it would be simple to alter it to work for any electribe. I also have about 40 more synth environments... maybe I should make a new thread?

It's currently a windows plugin only but the developer has put out a poll for people to vote in to help them decide whether to make an OS X version of the DirectEMX or to make a Windows version of Direct ESX next.

You can vote in the poll here (3 days left): http://twtpoll.com/kcp3lw

• 6 years later...

Archived