IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Please tell me this is not some test set up by his father, right? I'm suspecting a "my son needs to grow up so I'm gonna torture him" kind of plotline.

Not at all.

There is more to Theon's storyline than just torture, it gets more complex (i hope the producers don't ignore the aspects that make Theon's story awesome). Its my favorite storyline in the books by far.

Its very likely Theon will become

a God (or at least a Jesus type entity) after Stannis executes him, or at least thats the theory because of the whole Drowned God thing at the beginning of AFOC

im looking forward to seeing if ayra starts fuckin shit up properly when she becomes a 'faceless woman''. i enjoyed that story line.

hopefully the next books wont take too long

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me this is not some test set up by his father, right? I'm suspecting a "my son needs to grow up so I'm gonna torture him" kind of plotline.

Not at all.

There is more to Theon's storyline than just torture, it gets more complex (i hope the producers don't ignore the aspects that make Theon's story awesome). Its my favorite storyline in the books by far.

Its very likely Theon will become

a God (or at least a Jesus type entity) after Stannis executes him, or at least thats the theory because of the whole Drowned God thing at the beginning of AFOC

im looking forward to seeing if ayra starts fuckin shit up properly when she becomes a 'faceless woman''. i enjoyed that story line.

hopefully the next books wont take too long

She is definitely being set up as the one who is going to kill Cersei and everyone else in King's Landing (or at least kill someone on her list, i know Varys and "Aegon" are the one that will probably destroy King's Landing ). Her storyline is great too, her transformation was fascinating to read

Not at all. There is more to Theon's storyline than just torture, it gets more complex (i hope the producers don't ignore the aspects that make Theon's story awesome). Its my favorite storyline in the books by far. Its very likely Theon will become

wait, i suck in the got names dpartment. So the torturer is connected to that fire lord witch played by carice v houten - well cast because he could be - and prolly plays her brother, or her son ...she birthed him...?)... So theon will be the new...ahaaaa *pieces falling into place*

I thought it's pretty clear that Theon's torturer is a Bolton man, he is tied up like the Bolton sigil of the Flayed Man. Why he does it is anybody's guess at this point.

*eyes mike on the couch next to rixxx*

huhuhu snow balls..

thats mildly creepy that we are both on the couch

[

MAWR BALLZ they are hilarious

Ehm, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's being creepy here. Rixxx?

*camera focusses back on Rixxx*

I thought it's pretty clear that Theon's torturer is a Bolton man, he is tied up like the Bolton sigil of the Flayed Man. Why he does it is anybody's guess at this point.

were the boltons even really mentioned in the tv series yet?

its going to become heavily confusing for anyone without a list of the houses and characters by the time season 8 rolls in. not sure how theyre gonna do the book 5 split aswell, the storylines are shared between two books so there isnt 9 seperate plotlines at once, it just seems like such a massive undertaking to complete the whole story as a tv series.

it seems like you couldnt do it justice without at least 12 seasons. having said that there is plenty of tv programs with 12 seasons, not usually with every episode being so expensive though.

Not at all. There is more to Theon's storyline than just torture, it gets more complex (i hope the producers don't ignore the aspects that make Theon's story awesome). Its my favorite storyline in the books by far. Its very likely Theon will become

wait, i suck in the got names dpartment. So the torturer is connected to that fire lord witch played by carice v houten - well cast because he could be - and prolly plays her brother, or her son ...she birthed him...?)... So theon will be the new...ahaaaa *pieces falling into place*

LOL no. Theon's storyline as it is on the show its just beginning, the religion aspects of it they'll probably introduce in season 5 (in my opinion they should open season 4 with it)

:music:

Guest Adam

I just read a spoiler that I didn't want to read and now I have a question for book readers. Is the Red Wedding going to be in this season in the TV series?

I just read a spoiler that I didn't want to read and now I have a question for book readers. Is the Red Wedding going to be in this season in the TV series?

Episode 9

I would love to forget everything i know and go into that not knowing whats gonna happen :cry:

were the boltons even really mentioned in the tv series yet?

I think Roose Bolton was introduced last season and he featured in the last couple of episodes as he's hanging out in Harrenhal where Jaime and Brienne currently are.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

the flayed finger is the only clue i got from the show unles si missed soemthing.

i did read book 2 however and...

the sacking of winterfell is explained as being by bolton's men. so I'm guessing he is whoever the stinky guy turned out to be (i forget). it's weird how the show is playing it though.

reading the books along with the show makes it confusing about what the show has shown and what i know from the books. and as they change more stuff its getting even worse

im actually really happy the show is changing it so much, it means even knowing what happens 5 books down the line im still thoroughly enjoying myself and not exactly knowing whats gonna happen.

Im kinda glad they are not strictly following the books. Although walking day seem to have lost their way a little bit by doing this, hopefully game of thrones will stay strong. They have such an awesome cast i cant see it going far wrong.

Guest Kracker

Since George R. R. Martin is heavily involved with the show, chances are the case is the changes the show has made are changes that he wishes he could go back all those years and make to the books or feels play out better on screen with the actors.

I love how book readers complain about what happen to theon in this episode, THATS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE BOOKS! i dont understand it, they didnt want to see it but they wanted it to happen? bunch of fucking nerds.

That was a character-changing event, it need it to happen, sorry you cant handle ........

the bear fight and the penis scene were epic. the rest was just moving the story forward.

The theon stuff has been dragged out for episodes. I get that it's probably important, but jeez.

The Jamie stuff is excellent, the more sorry I feel for him I have to remind myself that he pushed a boy out of a window. Dany is finally manning up as well.

that isnt how it happened in the books is it? im sure he was just introduced as the nameless 'stench' or something, after all the torture had already happened.

danyreas is the fuckin' boss.

that isnt how it happened in the books is it? im sure he was just introduced as the nameless 'stench' or something, after all the torture had already happened.

danyreas is the fuckin' boss.

Yes but how exactly would you as a showrunner do Theon's storyline. You cant just introduce him in season 5 or 6 as a deformed butler, people would forget about him and be very confuse.

I think showing his torture is the best thing for the show, it makes sense. People get to see his transformation and he'll get the sympathy book theon had (at least from me)

reek. in book 2

i think it is kind of shit that they added the Reek subplot already, given that the heavy impact of Theon's reappearance in the story has a lot to do with the fact that you never really knew what happened to him in the first place,. Then again, I can kind of understand that they can't just drop a character without offering some kind of explanation when it comes to television. That said, the Reek storyline is one of the best in the books, IMO.

Reek rhymes with leek.

I love the scene in the throne room with Jeofrey and Tywin, King J looked like a pussy, he was so scared and intimidated, love it.

Yes! This scene was a hit on many accounts. Loved the acting and the dialogue. The entire scene was brewing with tension. Too bad there haven't been more scenes where these two are put head to head.

Archived