IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

unbridled rage nails it.. all of it. so true. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

Heh yeah. Though his delivery makes me cringe. I hadn’t even considered the Gendry thing, he’s right though.

They should’ve had this guy on the writing team, calling them “a fucking ham sandwich” every time they came up with stuff like “hey, what about Dany makes Gendry Lord of Storm’s End!”

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I much prefer this guy's ending. Some things I would probably change, but on the whole, for me this would have been a more satisfying chain of events for the season. Even squeezed into 6 episodes.

I enjoyed it. I do agree the last season was rushed a little. I was disappointed that there was not much insight to the Night King at all. 

Maybe I missed something but the whole three eyed raven, Bran, Night King, spooky tree situation wasn't much explained. Perhaps it was a few seasons ago and I forgot about it.

News stories lead me to believe I was going to watch a travesty. I thought it was alright to be fair.

3 hours ago, beer badger said:

I enjoyed it. I do agree the last season was rushed a little. I was disappointed that there was not much insight to the Night King at all. 

Maybe I missed something but the whole three eyed raven, Bran, Night King, spooky tree situation wasn't much explained. Perhaps it was a few seasons ago and I forgot about it.

News stories lead me to believe I was going to watch a travesty. I thought it was alright to be fair.

Nah mate, it's the end of culture apparently.

I thought the Night King was a metaphor for the Plague. That's why I loved the show because it mirrored real history. I guess I was wrong

37 minutes ago, Crossword Enthusiast said:

Benioff and Weiss pulled the Night King out of their asses. That's his back story.

pretty much. the did have all this imagery and other little scenes regarding the forest people and how they made the night king etc.. so i guess none of that was important. meh.. just stab him and move on.  lamesauce. 

ignatius this is completely off track but I just have to log an instance of mourning over the new avatar dimensions. They force a pretty heavy crop on the pictures and that's fine but it really was a cheeky joy to see that guitar covering bits during my browsing. That's all. As we were...

1 hour ago, xxx said:

ignatius this is completely off track but I just have to log an instance of mourning over the new avatar dimensions. They force a pretty heavy crop on the pictures and that's fine but it really was a cheeky joy to see that guitar covering bits during my browsing. That's all. As we were...

that'll have to do for now. ?

Hard work isn't synonymous with great work. It's blind stupidness if they want to believe it is. A lot of these actors probably know how bad it is, yet because they are strongly associated with it, they don't want to rubbish it. They feel it's like rubbishing themselves.

The writers certainly know what a hack job they did. But they don't care because they are moving onto bigger and better things. They just wanted to be done with it. GOT will always be remembered for the epic show it was and the storm about its last season will eventually blow over.

they tried their best. i'm sure no-one was slacking on the job. stakes were way too high to do that. just like them star wars prequels. ;)

It's more annoying that the Night King just amounted to nothing. The story just ended and that was it. Like they were just some plague of bugs or something.

One very simple thing I heard someone suggest that could have added to it all, was having the very final scene with Bran in a room on his own and his eyes frost over to blue. A very simple twist that would have at least added some depth to the point of him and the Night King.

But alas it was all just an exercise in wrapping up every plot point and loose end as quickly as possible.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Somanymachines said:

I have to say I much prefer this guy's ending. Some things I would probably change, but on the whole, for me this would have been a more satisfying chain of events for the season. Even squeezed into 6 episodes.

Good on this person for actually taking a stab at an alternative. Bit skeptical of Daeny's steadfastness but the way this tied together the earlier mythos and character details was impressive AF

11 hours ago, Somanymachines said:

One very simple thing I heard someone suggest that could have added to it all, was having the very final scene with Bran in a room on his own and his eyes frost over to blue. A very simple twist that would have at least added some depth to the point of him and the Night King.

if you rearrange the letters in somanymachines you get m night shyamalan

:duckhunt:

53 minutes ago, auxien said:

if you rearrange the letters in somanymachines you get m night shyamalan

:duckhunt:

Shayamalamadingdong could have written a better ending.

How bout:

It was all a dream

• 4 weeks later...

So I just finished this. Part of me was glad to finally be done with the show because I was never totally in love with it but there were some pretty peak moments here and there. Sometimes you just have to keep your finger on the pulse, and I'm not about to dive into any fucking super hero movies, lol. Yeah the last season was rushed, but I don't think this show was ever really under control. They just bumbled to the end after the series passed the books in the story and Star Wars loomed on the show runners' minds. The scene where they decide Bran is king is probably how the writers' room looked when they were deciding things. "lol wut i dunno"

I can't imagine ever rewatching it. 

Danearyuius and her dragon were the writers/showrunners. The people of King's Landing were the audience. It's almost as if David Benioff and DB Weiss wrote their contempt for the audience into the actual story. As entertaining as it is to see a dragon fuck shit up, it was the storytelling device that abruptly ended the series by ensuring Daneerrareeeyus wouldn't be on the throne for long and then a blooper scene where they decide who's king. They threw a big party, which could be fun, but then they pooped in the pool and said go home everyone we're watching Star Wars.

• 2 months later...

Archived