IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i caught up on the first five episodes of this over the last couple of days, so i'm avoiding the last page of this thread for now. this is good, really good. and daenerys is hot hot hot. there sure is a lot of fucking, isn't there?

they even put in a gay scene just for

this is the problem with HBO in 2011

this show is 'bollox' imo. but i dont care much for fantasy so grain of salt

HBO just seems after Boardwalk to just churn out the same shit with different 'skins'

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lawl @ milking milking thee eel

watched the web rip of episode 7. holy shit

fucking good show. I find myself really enjoying the slowest parts of this show where they are just discussing the past etc. nearly the most. I'm pretty surprised how invested I'm getting. Worried I'm going to start playing D&D because of it or something.

Guest disparaissant

they even put in a gay scene just for

"Renly to Stannis: “…I got Margaery. You’ll be pleased to know she came to me a maid.”

Stannis to Renly: “In your bed she’s like to die that way.”

–Clash of Kings, pg. 478

Jaime to Loras: “Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.”

–Storm of Swords, pg. 698

Littlefinger to Sansa: “And it relieved him {Mace} of the difficult task of trying to find lands and a bride for a third son, never easy, and doubly difficult in Ser Loras's case.”

–SoS, pg. 769

I guess there's a lot more than that, too, haha. That second one is a wicked burn.

what's the quality like on that e07 webrip?

very satisfying ending to e06

delighted to see that little shit get what was coming to him.

holy bajesus the main guys wifes sister and here kid (in the mountain castle) is freaky :blink:

i could deal with the incest and even thought it was kinda hot. but i agree with this. it made me shudder.

Guest disparaissant

the quality is okay for a webrip. not great, but certainly watchable.

and yeah lol, breastfeeding a what, 8 year old? we-eird. MAKE THE SMALL MAN FLYYYY!

Guest Mirezzi

Thanks to fluid expectations, my view of this show is changing. Yes, you can call that something of a retraction.

I now see its faults as endearing (horrible combat choreography, even worse combat photography) and its overall style hovers over the margins of camp/fetish.

Expanded thoughts to follow, but can anybody tell me whether they've introduced Tywinn Lannister?

I find myself really enjoying the slowest parts of this show where they are just discussing the past etc. nearly the most.

Fundamentally, this is where we disagree. The show is at its best IMO when it moves quickly and builds on decisive character beats. It fucking SUCKS when it delves into generic expository monologues.

The last two episodes have been entertaining at least because there was a minimum of badly written pseudo-intrigue.

I'm just about at the point where I don't laugh out loud at the Americans and their god-fucking-awful Brit accents, but I still want to slap the shit out of the producers. Why not just allow them to speak with American accents? In what sci-fi fantasy nerd rule book was it decreed that all television and film dealing with medieval fantasy must be spoken with contemporary English accents? :whistling:

lol i knnew i recognised the delthraki king, he was ronon dex in stargate atlantis

And also the new Conan the barbarian in the upcoming movie, which will most likely be shit. Talk about being typecast as a non-talkative violent person.

I'm just about at the point where I don't laugh out loud at the Americans and their god-fucking-awful Brit accents, but I still want to slap the shit out of the producers. Why not just allow them to speak with American accents? In what sci-fi fantasy nerd rule book was it decreed that all television and film dealing with medieval fantasy must be spoken with contemporary English accents? :whistling:

American accents sound shit. I am sorry, but it's true.

Guest Mirezzi

That's fine, but you know what's worse than an American accent? A shitty English-American hybrid accent.

neat little bit of trivia:

The death of Viserys is a reference to a Roman General named Crassus, who as the story goes, died in a similar way -

" A story later emerged that after Crassus' death the Parthians poured molten gold into his mouth as a symbol of his thirst for wealth.[14]"

mega pwnt.

Guest disparaissant

tywin shows up in ep 07.

i thought he was really good. and he is actually english.

oh and us americans? we ain't beholden to no kings, real or fantastic.

Guest disparaissant

oh and i agree that the exposition is stupid for the most part but its not so bad if you just watch the show drunk!

Guest Mirezzi

tywin shows up in ep 07.

i thought he was really good. and he is actually english.

Wait, what? Episode 07? That hasn't aired yet, has it? Have these things been leaked?

Archived