IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Oops, i guess i should use spoiler tags.

Yeah i guess it does make sense for them. But does it makes sense to show us if it's not handled in any particularly interesting way? I don't need to see Arya and Sansa reflect on how abuse made them strong. OK the competitive manner they do might be somewhat telling (as in: relevant for the present) but otherwise... I mean yeah... "duh" We saw dat.

Gimme back Varys and Littlefinger dialogues! "What is power but a shadow" blah blah. FUCK.

Meh, i'm probably too harsh but it's really also just the sheer influx of such scenes with nothing actually happening / developing that really takes the weight off for me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These characters have been with me literally for years, from reading the books to watching the series. I am convinced that Martin will never finish writing it so a couple of hours to reflect and reminisce with these characters, and probably say goodbye before a few of them die, is perfect before the concluding episodes. imo

I've enjoyed these non-action episodes, I'm glad they spread out all of these reunions and meetings over two episodes, it's a lot to digest. 

My favorite bit of dialogue was Bran's speech about death being the "death not of man, but of their memories." Some heavy shit, I know other fantasy and sci-fi has touched on this idea but nonetheless it's a testament to this franchise still maintaining some core ethos and not just vaguely throwing out some superficial supernatural shit as a backdrop to it's orgiastic onslaught of war, dark magic, spectacular worlds, tits, dicks, and dragons.

*googles 'Maisie Williams age'*

ok, phew

*rewinds again*

apparently that was the most googled question that evening and it was certainly the first awkward talking point at work

Aw, I really enjoyed it. Can’t wait for next week. I wish Tormund was my friend.

His "origin story" was rather amusing alright.

highlight of the episode, that shot of him gulping down wine holy lol

I found it pretty awkward, having watched her grow up it was a bit like seeing your sister getting nekkid. I hasten to add I do not have any sisters so am not basing this on any personal experiences.

it was an awkward watch

I agree. There was something really "off" about it. I don't think it's something that Maisie really wanted to do considering her comments on things like that in the past.

EDIT: It's even creepier knowing that Bran knows pretty much everything that's going on. 

it was an awkward watch

I agree. There was something really "off" about it. I don't think it's something that Maisie really wanted to do considering her comments on things like that in the past.

EDIT: It's even creepier knowing that Bran knows pretty much everything that's going on.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/282/614/81a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That scene was not particularly objectifying. She was completely in control of the entire encounter, and the only skin that the camera lingered on was her scars.

Everything seemed in keeping with Arya’s character, who’s gotta be older than Sansa was when she was farmed out to pump out kids for the political machine, but it’s also kinda intentionally funny/ironic that Arya is the only one left getting any in Game of Thrones.

Dunno, thought the episode was quite good and felt like it had decent characterization and some nice acting throughout. Edit: also some genuinely funny shit.

I hadn’t even watched any of the show prior to last season, so after having streaming everything in a short period of time, these last two episodes actually feel like a significant step up from the awkward pacing and plotting of last season — it feels like a more honest consolidation of all the previous plotlines/elements than what last season accomplished.

Maisie Williams is not playing a character that’s 22 is she?

Yeah. It felt completely illegal. Thank god 'she' forced 'him' into doing it. (Rape!)

Also, they shopped her! And her boobs. Especially those. There were no dragons in this episode because all the money went into 'naked' Maisie.

I think this episode was a mixed bag. Some good stuff. Some awkward. Sometimes both, like Sansa and Denaerys scene. Sansa being sharp at D about believing Cerceis (and blindly following tyrion) was nice. After which the scene deteriorated into two random girls having a chat. Instead of it being a multilayered bitchfight between two strong women. In the end the scene had less gravity than, say, a simple dialogue between cerceis and that old lady.. whats her name? I forgot... :(

I think the irony of GOT is that most of the strong characters/actors are dead by now. And the show has to be carried by a couple of newbie actors trying to punch above their weight. Some get away with it, like Bran I guess. But some dont.. Denaerys and Jon cough cough.

Or in other words, with less good actors, the awful acting of the newbies really hurt the show. Imooo

For me it's the more periferal characters that shine in Got, my favourite being Brianne of Tarth and the Hound. The main characters have less facets than these guys for sure, and it makes them far less interesting. Oh yeah and Tyrion was great but he's gone down hill a bit, he seems a bit subdued now. Lost his sense of humour.

For me it's the more periferal characters that shine in Got, my favourite being Brianne of Tarth and the Hound.

Down with that. Tywin, Ser Davos, Jorah, Olenna, Sam... . I even "liked" Stannis, such a tragic fuck of a non-dude. And even if he seemed the major bad guy for a while Joffrey's kinda in the same boat in hindsight... Jack Gleeson easily was the best (semi-)child actor of the bunch, no doubt... What a brilliant fucking asshole.

I really like this series. (Season 8 still rather meh so far)

(Edit: Rewatching i thought everything Daenerys is probably the weakest part of the show overall)

daenaerys is now not only unbearable to watch, she is pretty obviously the series actual bad guy. this episode set it all up very nicely. shes an absolute piece of shit. 

Archived