IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

ok, I watched another episode or two last night, shit just went downhill, what the hell was up with

Melissandra (sp?) giving birth to a black demon baby that killed the gay dude who wanted to be king, talk about a disappointing deus ex machina. With that sort of power, she could kill anyone, why not just sneak into king's landing and let her utero-spawn kill geoffry? Stupid plot twist...I also didn't like how Danerys (sp?) shows up at that city in the desert and the 13 founders come out to greet her, but then don't want to let her dothraki guys into the city because they are afraid of them. Um...if they are afraid of them wtf are they doing exposing the entire leadership outside the gates with only a small armed guard? Effing stupid.

There is no point in killing Joffrey, his little brother would become the king. Stannis has to defeat the king's army in battle, take king's landing and burn every Lannister. What kind of king would Stannis be if Melissandra does all the dirty work? he would get no respect.

And on the Daenerys thing, her and the dothraki were pretty tired to fight (and i'm pretty sure if the 13 were in any danger more guards would come out).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

I've just started watching this with my girlfriend and I've facepalmed all the way to episode 7. Is this show purely made for teenage uglies to masturbation furiously to? All the sex and swearing is horrible. I don't remember anybody's name because every character is bland as fuck, the only likeable one being the midget.

Reading the first few pages of this thread I'm really surprised WATMM can get behind this. I thought you were all connoisseurs of good taste. Do you guys like Twilight as well?

Guest Mirezzi

It gets much better. Your reaction was similar to mine during the first half of season one. It does, however, get progressively better and season two is an entirely different show.

• 6 months later...

i kind of regret reading the books, im a killer for needing to know what happens in a story, and while the story is great, they were pure drawn out and dull. now i cant really be arsed watching the show cos i know what happens.

il probably just move this over to the fwp thread

I'm reading a book, then watching a series. Found it pretty good this way and seeing as I hate spoilers and watching the series then reading the book would kill it for me.

I don't know how to approach it with the 3rd season coming though, it's a two-part thing with the books (finished reading/watching 1+2) so I need to fend off the need to watch until maybe the 4th season starts!

The adaptation from book to tv series is enjoyable. I think it could be alot more 'epic' if they had the time to expand the episode times but compressing the story into hourly chunks have been accurate. The last 2 episodes of season 2 were the highlights of the season but it felt a little rushed.

• 2 months later...

Can't wait for season 3 (Storm of Swords was the best book in the series, im sure the producers will make sure justice will be done, they havent disappoint so far)

• 2 weeks later...

WHY DID THE KILL THE KHAL:EESI IN THE FIRST EPSIDOE OF THE THIRD SEASON???????

LIKE OH MAH GIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!D

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was an okay episode, i didnt expect for them to do much anyways so im not disappointed.

Can't wait for episode two where hopefully they'll recreate one of my favorite moments in the book (involving the night's watch and craster)

Archived