IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man, so Im about an episode or two from being all caught up. Definitely my favorite thing on TV at this point.

Again, I think its strength is the characters- I find my self admiring the qualities of even the asshole-ish bad guys.

I used to find Littlefinger my fave (because of the Wire connection probably), but Varys is definitely awesome.

Also starting to dig on Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon....that man is good at hiding something deeper...in the books does Stannis have more of a nuanced personality? I can't shake the feeling that there is something else going on with that guy. I'm also biased to him because the same actor did a phenomenal job as Thomas Jefferson in the John Adams miniseries.

Daenerys is starting to piss me off..I feel like she's causing more trouble than she thinks. Her advisor is a badass though. Straight up Lawrence of Arabia type guy.

Jon Snow is getting a little more interesting but still boring as all hell.

Im also really interested in seeing Arya get older...will she become an assassin?

yeah, so im obsessed with this.

now that i just remembered it, one nitpicky but stupid as hell flaw in this that I can see.....why on earth don't the wildlings wear hats? This blows my mind. Ygritte and Jon Snow didn't wear fucking hats? for THAT? (s3e6 so I don't spoil it)

Also starting to dig on Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon....that man is good at hiding something deeper...in the books does Stannis have more of a nuanced personality? I can't shake the feeling that there is something else going on with that guy. I'm also biased to him because the same actor did a phenomenal job as Thomas Jefferson in the John Adams miniseries.

You definitely think that you get a better idea of what motivates him, based on his history (which obviously is discussed far more in the books than in the show). A lot of it has to do with the back story of his brothers, as well as his daughter and his wife. But even in the books, he is very single minded about his quest to be king. He is generally described as a no bullshit kind of guy, who has a high, almost ancient sense of honor. I think they've done a pretty good job of conveying that in the show, at the very least.

Guest disparaissant

if i remember right, she doesn't appear for quite a while in the books. but given what they did with theon's storyline, you might be right.

if i remember right, she doesn't appear for quite a while in the books. but given what they did with theon's storyline, you might be right.

She got resurrected at the end of Storm of Swords, they'll probably end with her resurrection but wont appear again 'till season 5 (unless they show her revenge murder of random Freys)

Lol

Apparently, it was a good show. Peoples hopes and dreams appear to have been crushed. And this is always a good thing. Especially when these hopes and dreams are completely without any form of a rational thought process. :D

yeah the books didnt even reveal she was resurected until the very end of the last book when she kills brienne, no?

no, she was revealed in the epilogue of A Storm of Swords where she (with the brotherhood without banners) kills a random Frey

lol at that twitter account, its hilarious to see that so many people are raging that the story doesnt follow the usual hollywood 'good guys start well, get fucked for a bit to keep it interesting, eventually obviously win' format.

although the spoilers don't give me a complete picture about whats happening, I think I have an idea...

im assuming since Catelyn is being thrown around that the Stark son leading the rebellion is killed too? he's been making way too many enemies amongst his former allies.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

great stuff. GOT since the start has been a great show because you didnt know who was going to survive. we see so many films/shows where they try and build tension but you clearly know what is going to happen. a breathe of fresh air. unless you read the books obv.

Archived