IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

i noticed that a few episodes back but never payed much attention. it is rather jarring compared to other seasons, but i think it has to do with the wider and wider audiences tuning-in each year, thus the language getting slightly more universal? anywho, that's the extent of the "complaints" i have for this season, really been enjoying it compared to last season... :shrug:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i noticed that a few episodes back but never payed much attention. it is rather jarring compared to other seasons, but i think it has to do with the wider and wider audiences tuning-in each year, thus the language getting slightly more universal? anywho, that's the extent of the "complaints" i have for this season, really been enjoying it compared to last season... :shrug:

Yeah it's only getting more contemporary and pandering. Did you see the next preview? Bolton was like YOLO! and then Jon Snow dropped a mic and said "delete yourself"

It's getting pretty contemporary yes. I noticed from the trailer of the big battle that their was a "Trump. Make Westeros great again" sign in the background.

Damn that episode felt rewarding af, that was a great battle. So thought Tormund was going to die and I was going to get mad as hell. RIP to the giant, he was the last of his kind right? : (

Psyched to see the Greyjoy sister make a move too. Shit's about to get gully out at sea.

The highlight, of course, was

7700f81b81.png

though

that was absolutely fucking amazing tv. the first time in 65 episodes or whatever that sopme serious fucking retribution was handed out. just watched it absolutely steaming with my flatmate qand i havent enjoyed an episode of tv that much in years.

that was absolutely fucking amazing tv. the first time in 65 episodes or whatever that sopme serious fucking retribution was handed out. just watched it absolutely steaming with my flatmate qand i havent enjoyed an episode of tv that much in years.

Hell yeah. I think Sansa's smile as she walked away pretty much summed up how most of us all felt after it was done. Scared now though, I bet we're getting punished in the season finale.

Damn that episode felt rewarding af, that was a great battle. So thought Tormund was going to die and I was going to get mad as hell. RIP to the giant, he was the last of his kind right? : (

Psyched to see the Greyjoy sister make a move too. Shit's about to get gully out at sea.

The highlight, of course, was

7700f81b81.png

though

Same here, wife was certain tormund would be killed. Shame about the giant, another heroic end though (like Hodor). Rickon should of zigzagged but oh well, he was fated for death. Like that Bon Jovi song, SHOT THRU THE HEART /ANS ITS TOO LATE / YOU GAVE BOLTON / A BAD GAME

Who were flayed men? Prisoners? Spies? Random poor SOBs? Or do Boltons jusr keep some dead enemies in freezers til battle?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The flayed men were probably just some prisoners used for psyops. And yeah, Rickon should have changed his trajectory a few times. It's too bad you never really got to know about Rickon in the show, if they could have developed his character and storyline a little more that death would have felt much more meaningful. Fortunately Jon Snow's reaction was enough to really draw me in.

I need to watch this again asap.

I was bored through most of the battle. Didn't feel it. Glad Ramsey got fucked. As a whole glad that the plot moved forward some more. It's going to end with all thrones being occupied by women.

Pretty awesome episode despite some bad writing leading to it.

The twist at the end was predictable, and also set up by shit writing, is there any logical reason for Sansa to have kept that shit secret?

Makes you hate Sansa more than ever.

That giant could have absolutely dominated that battle if he would have acted like a fucking giant. Pick up a dead horse and start mowing down the guys with the shields and spears. Also why did he not fashion himself an armor.

yeah that giant in metal armour with a helmet could have literally obliterated 500 men unless they had someone very accurate with a cannon or something.

Pretty awesome episode despite some bad writing leading to it.

The twist at the end was predictable, and also set up by shit writing, is there any logical reason for Sansa to have kept that shit secret?

Makes you hate Sansa more than ever.

Probably because Jon would of sent them in prematurely or not from the flank as a surprise. He fucked up by leading the charge so early anyway. He's not a shit commander but he's still too emotionally guided on the battlefield.

That giant could have absolutely dominated that battle if he would have acted like a fucking giant. Pick up a dead horse and start mowing down the guys with the shields and spears. Also why did he not fashion himself an armor.

It was hard watching him go down for that reason, another casualty to fighting honorably I suppose. He probably would have refused armor (wildlings seem dismissive of it, much like the barbarian tribes they seem to be a homage to historically who fought without armor when Romans and later medieval armies did)

...but man would he have been amazing in armor, like the Mountain x10

This was pretty lazy. Winning a war with three dragonssszzzzzzzzzsnorefest. And mr Snow magically cannot die...zzzzzzzzzzzzzsnore. Funny how the amount of fighting was negatively related to the amount of tension in this episode.

Hope next week will be better! ;D

"act like a fucking giant"

omg actually true tho, smashed a horse and rider but couldnt step on some men? gimme a break

That episode was visually awesome, but the writing was paint-by-numbers.

watching it last week we actually said the lines before they did- it was that predictable

how could this episode bore someone? lol

Classic Roman vs Celtic fighting tactics. Akin to the Boudica uprising against Ancient rome. Great episode

Archived