IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

Definitely one of the best episodes so far this season, and for sheer action alone, maybe of the series. Ramsey getting grizzled by his dogs was a nice little irony, albeit predictable, very satisfying though.

Sansa drafting in Little Finger was a given. His face as the scene panned across his army, lel.

The scene where Jon is on the battlefield and that whole course of horsemen charging at him was real too. Awesome.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been entertaining this weird theory ever since Hodor's "origin story". What if the Mad King's desire to "burn them all" was a similar kind of psychotic fuck-up, influenced across spacetime by the Walkers? They obviously are vulnerable to fire, so maybe he was onto something, only at the completely wrong time.

Littlefinger's face was fucking epic, this episode was sick, even the Dany stuff was cool despite her arched eyebrow now having taken over the character.

how could this episode bore someone? lol

Classic Roman vs Celtic fighting tactics. Akin to the Boudica uprising against Ancient rome. Great episode

just watched it finally, I'm a week behind, and that's exactly what I was thinking. Fantastic episode innit

Also neat lil detail with the trebuches on the slaver ships at the start: they're not based on anything historical, but this thing that some guy in the States invented and brings to competitions:

see at 7:05

PS soz, I just really like trebuchets lol

OK so the final 2 episodes holy shit wow.

but i think they need to sort out the flow of the series. Im getting bored of EVERYTHING happening in the last two episodes.

The first episode was good but then in stalls until the end? Why didnt Arya come back sooner say, 3 episodes ago? etc

i have the same criticism i've had before - it relies on surprises too much, like everything has to be some magnificent crescendo that you're not supposed to expect. why not show the process to make things more organic and believable?

i mean how does one get a ton of tnt under that hall without the religion police regime not noticing? what was aryas journey like and how did she cook frey's sons (and why? she's ruthless but not that far gone)? how did the conversation of bald eunoch with the feminists went along? and so on.

it's like it all aimed at this stereotypical short attention span viewer now, it all has to go POW! POW! POW! all the time

i mean how does one get a ton of tnt under that hall without the religion police regime not noticing? what was aryas journey like and how did she cook frey's sons (and why? she's ruthless but not that far gone)? how did the conversation of bald eunoch with the feminists went along? and so on.

it's like it all aimed at this stereotypical short attention span viewer now, it all has to go POW! POW! POW! all the time

- i think the tnt greek fire stuff has been stored there all along as it was during that battle with stannis baratheon, remember the religious regime is a recent development, they didn't have full access to the royal castle and keep until very recently when the young king announced their alliance

- arya has nothing else going on or awareness of recent events and plenty of skills at this point to run through her hit list, the sons being cooked matches the brutality of the red wedding and king frey is essentially without personal feeling and morality so its more his level to make him feel disgusted...simply killing his idiot sons would be meaningless

- i wonder if an assassin was actually behind varys at dorne, because we see him on the ships with dany and the iron pirates immediately after that scene...speaking of dorne thats the only storyline im bored with TBH

but i think they need to sort out the flow of the series. Im getting bored of EVERYTHING happening in the last two episodes.

what? how?

yeah i don't remember anything, those kind of shows with many convoluted plotlines and characters are more fit for binging i guess. i read in some review that bram's joe snow flashback is very significant because it reveals that he's a targaryan, a relative of dany and the rightful heir to the iron throne. couldn't pick anything of it by myself.

Great episode but I agree that they sure took their sweet time to move things forward. The bodycount in the last two are staggering. Cersei sealing her fate by being a vengeful bitch was both horrific and awesome. I never liked her much but there was a strange satisfaction seeing her comeuppance against the religious nuts, who had been smug for long enough now, and the show has been promoting an ambiguity about her for some time. Of course, the look on Jamie at the end gave the impression that he saw a mad Queen this time around. Arya's Frey-pie was a bit much. It feels weird that the Starks are going to get retribution after all this time, I think it would have given the story more depth if they didn't. But Golden Boy Jon Snow's past has finally been acknowledged and he's fated for a straight ride to the Iron Throne now... Unless he surrenders it to Aunt Dany for a peaceful life in the north at the end. The latter is insufferable enough that I can't wait to see her Mary Sue-invasion crash and burn, perhaps against cold winters, Dragon Horns, valyrian steel and maybe Bran warging into a dragon. Fun times ahead.

So why is Vaerys in two places at once? is that just an editing oversight or are we supposed to suspect something?

Varys left Mereen, and Tyrion an episode or two ago?

Great episode but I agree that they sure took their sweet time to move things forward. The bodycount in the last two are staggering. Cersei sealing her fate by being a vengeful bitch was both horrific and awesome. I never liked her much but there was a strange satisfaction seeing her comeuppance against the religious nuts, who had been smug for long enough now, and the show has been promoting an ambiguity about her for some time. Of course, the look on Jamie at the end gave the impression that he saw a mad Queen this time around. Arya's Frey-pie was a bit much. It feels weird that the Starks are going to get retribution after all this time, I think it would have given the story more depth if they didn't. But Golden Boy Jon Snow's past has finally been acknowledged and he's fated for a straight ride to the Iron Throne now... Unless he surrenders it to Aunt Dany for a peaceful life in the north at the end. The latter is insufferable enough that I can't wait to see her Mary Sue-invasion crash and burn, perhaps against cold winters, Dragon Horns, valyrian steel and maybe Bran warging into a dragon. Fun times ahead.

So why is Vaerys in two places at once? is that just an editing oversight or are we supposed to suspect something?

Varys left Mereen, and Tyrion an episode or two ago?

And was seen last episode in Dorne and also aboard a ship with dany and tyrion.

You're just supposed to suspend disbelief with that one. I doubt it means anything.

he left to go there in episode 9 so time had passed.. not sure how he go back so fast but maybe they're not too far apart and he took a ship.

perhaps he told his sad "no penis since little boy" story to a dragon who took pity on him then he got flown there?

You're just supposed to suspend disbelief with that one. I doubt it means anything.

he left to go there in episode 9 so time had passed.. not sure how he go back so fast but maybe they're not too far apart and he took a ship.

perhaps he told his sad "no penis since little boy" story to a dragon who took pity on him then he got flown there?

I totally missed that, after checking this map it seems I've been very wrong about where almost everything is supposed to be. Unless there's two of him, one of them is Ayra Stark (which would be a lol and a facepalm) or he took a dragon there's no way in hell he could be there.

tumblr_o6120iZF3o1s3y9slo1_1280.jpg

i'm guessing that's a couple weeks by ship ay? or he could've gone via land then taken ship. so is reasonable to think that much time passed between dorne and mereen? whatevs.. was a good episode.

Archived