Sign in to follow this  
data

Game of Thrones

She wants to be a different kind of vain, vindictive, jingoistic autocrat. An ethical one.

Edited by doublename

one of those fucking massive giants was mates with the Knights King army of the dead. I almost shit myself with excitement lol. 

you're going to be covered in excrement at the end of this season

flol

Jorah will do anything to escape the friend zone.

He'll never beat the guts tho.

Kevin Eldon

now that was a surprise

Was he the same character as last time? Do actors in Westeros need to have part-time jobs too?

Edited by tec

Was he the same character as last time? Do actors in Westeros need to have part-time jobs too?

Apparently credited as same character, so it would appear so yes.

E6 LEAK SPOILERS

dragon death resulted in ubiquitous shock in the audience I was with

Playing "did the white walkers kill an actual character or another red shirt" guessing game got kinda annoying

Still a fun and adventurous joint

The Dany and Jon eyefucking eachother got kinda cringey, if these two end up ruling westeros I'm going to boycott every fantasy story

Arya is going dark places

Edited by chim

dragon death resulted in ubiquitous shock in the audience I was with

Playing "did the white walkers kill an actual character or another red shirt" guessing game got kinda annoying

Still a fun and adventurous joint

The Dany and Jon eyefucking eachother got kinda cringey, if these two end up ruling westeros I'm going to boycott every fantasy story

Arya is going dark places

Please say if a spoiler contains leaked info about an unreleased episode.

I assumed you were spoiling events of the last episode to spare people who hadn't seen it yet.

Haha don't unspoil that non-Spaniards. There is episode 7 terrorism going on out there. Someone on Reddit already "did me" by dropping a very provocative still in an unrelated discussion.

I read all the leaks for the whole season and have still been enjoying it, but it definitely makes listening to people's predictions difficult. Also, this is why fuck Reddit.

this show is hot garbage. what a weak fucking episode lol. for anyone who hasn't watched the leak don't read on:

this show is such tv writers room garbage at this point. i wonder if any of the books are even near completion after watching this. laughed a lot though, lots of b movie moments. love when thoros freezes to death and then berric remembers he can make fire at will. whoops. and then all the redshirts, every time it looked like someone might die a redshirt materializes and takes the fall. also lol at benjen popping up doing the whole noble sacrifice thing and then getting taken down after two guys. try harder buddy. nice to know nothing is happening this season so they can cram like two books worth of shit into six episodes. this show is trash.

Edited by zaphod

Managed to stay away from leaks so far, watched episode 5 last night. Would appreciate no leaked info on here!

Edited by fletcher

Millwall turn up in ep06, you can picture the rest

Flol

Managed to stay away from leaks so far, watched episode 5 last night. Would appreciate no leaked info on here!

tyrian is not a midget but a normal size person in a giant world 

I think the Jorah/Daenerys goodbye scene seemed to indicated a goodbye forever... My guess is, Jorah will not return alive.

this season is moving way too fast. compared to the pace of previous seasons they are absolutely rushing thru stuff now and i think the show is suffering for it. it's a shame because we are really getting to all the things that people have been waiting to see for years.

don't know what the actual reason is for the shortened final 2 seasons but it must be for practical (meaning financial) reasons rather than artistic because it certainly isn't doing the story any favors.

I think the shortened seasons are just to milk the show’s popularity. Has has nothing to replace it next year otherwise. I’d bet quite a few HBO Now and cable subscribers will cancel once GOT is over.

Edited by doublename

this season is moving way too fast. compared to the pace of previous seasons they are absolutely rushing thru stuff now and i think the show is suffering for it. it's a shame because we are really getting to all the things that people have been waiting to see for years.

don't know what the actual reason is for the shortened final 2 seasons but it must be for practical (meaning financial) reasons rather than artistic because it certainly isn't doing the story any favors.

the most common theory behind this I've seen is that the showrunners are basically just tired of it. They signed on with the specific intent of adapting an already existing work (and more specifically, to film the Red Wedding) and once they realized George wasn't going to be done with the next volume they just started sprinting to the end. otherwise why even announce they were starting work on another show before they even shoot season "8"? 

rather this than some half hearted drawn out bullshit which would never get close to what the actual stuff would be. i think they're making most of whats possible.

also, all this rushing through the story provides room for there to be an actual story whenever the books will be released. even if the story would be different in places, i doubt it will be completely, unrecognisably different. in other words: some things might have been "spoilered" for future readers. but in this scenario, the books have plenty holes to fill and keep it interesting.

in other words: to me it makes sense

yeah this is true. I don't care that much though. It does make the plot feel disjointed if you keep thinking about how many weeks or months must have passed between scenes for things to have progressed so quickly. But it also means the episodes have less filler, and the filler scenes in previous seasons were really weak, so I think this makes it more fun to watch. Hopefully the books actually come out and we get a more coherent story to go with it, but for now I'm enjoying the show a lot for what it is.

bran confirmed for night king

A headlong dive into schlock. It's still fun though.

Yeah that episode was extremely bad. lol. Kinda making me question my previous statement. Oh well, even if it's a trainwreck it'll be a pretty one.