IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

My understanding is GOT HBO was hacked. I look on torrent search and see the first show of the season and the last episode of the season, but I also downloaded the whole season but it was all dubbed in Russian. WTF.  What is happening? Im cunfussed

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Littlefinger was a personal favorite. The circumstances of his death were hokey and ignoble. So was he though.

He was a great character and I thought it was pretty fitting. He knew he had to act fast as soon as he saw what Arya was capable of in her spar with Brianne and the death stare she gave him, but even he never could have accounted for the three eye'd raven. He had spent his whole life laying traps and deceiving people who thought they could trust them, but with Brann's knowledge of what actually occurred it only seemed fitting that they would want to fuck him over in a similar fashion as to how he did Ned Stark. We could obviously question the tension between the sisters earlier on considering Brann was sitting on that

the whole time but that would have made the whole sequence much more boring. This was satisfying.

overall I agree that things feel rushed, and the dialogue seems to lack Martin's usual prose (maybe this is imagined as I haven't read all the books and am not sure whether or not we are in uncharted territory) most of the time which is kind of disappointing, but as someone has already pointed out with the time and budget constraints as well as the obvious demand for more lucrative contracts for actors to return to maintain continuity as well as their obvious desire to get involved in other films and projects it's still great. Obviously I would love to see a more thoroughly fleshed-out version of Martin's vision but I guess it gives me incentive to actually read the books now that I have more free time (which I've read some of but due to other responsibilities had to cut out at the time, I've only read the A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms as a result).

I've heard a rumor that the last six episodes all may be about the same length as this one was. I seriously hope thats the case.

rather this than some half hearted drawn out bullshit which would never get close to what the actual stuff would be. i think they're making most of whats possible.

also, all this rushing through the story provides room for there to be an actual story whenever the books will be released. even if the story would be different in places, i doubt it will be completely, unrecognisably different. in other words: some things might have been "spoilered" for future readers. but in this scenario, the books have plenty holes to fill and keep it interesting.

in other words: to me it makes sense

yeah I'm resigned to this as well...trudging through endless seasons seems worse in a way

is there any spinoff series possibilities? I would readily watch one off seasons about certain weird ass far flung places like Asshai. 

I've read HBO ordered, or were considering, two or three spin off pilots. I'd assume they're only going to pick one and run with it to see if it's worth it.

BTW I've tried watching GoT in the past and wasn't particularly interested, but high fantasy with lots of politics and love affairs has never been anything I much cared about (despite loving Dune...). I've watched most of this season though, just out of boredom really. It's vaguely interesting as a study, I'm mostly just observing, not particularly enjoying. It seems better than my impressions of older episodes, though. Still seems a bit amateur in the pacing and directing in general. Acting is rarely as good as it should be.

Also that title sequence is a fucking travesty. It's good for what it is but it does not match the tone of the actual show at all. 

Also watching things you don't like "as a study" should definitely be in the most IDM 2017 poll.

I literally know anything I laud lately will be met with a completely opposite and brief reply on WATMM.

4z0gkb5.jpg

lol

right next to listening to music you don't like as a study.

wrt next season, i'm afraid that with all the plots finished the only thing left is a season of fight fight fight. or in other words: booooring. if you want spoilers, you might as well watch braveheart 7 times.

Anyone else get WTC building 7 vibes from the wight dragon taking down the Wall? It seemed to crumble quite dramatically but I guess there's that much force and energy in the flame.

It's tangents like this when I miss awepittance / robbie

I suppose was a real momentum element to the collapse, catastrophic failure of a structure that's part earth / part man-made and 8,000 years old. 

I've watched this TV Show since the beginning and I hate to admit it but I finished watching Season 7 with a heavy heart.

It's pretty clear that once the series departed from the books, it was going to unravel quickly. This season was full of stuff that made no sense whatsoever, plot lines and writing that felt rushed and ham-fisted. Characters behaving in ways that were completely at odds with what they previous beliefs and motivations, temporal issues with people seemingly travelling the length of Westeros in the blink of an eye.

It felt like all the drama and pacing, good writing and development was literally dissolving before my eyes.

I hate to say it but I thought it was silly. 

Archived