IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOT has turned into a fantasy schlock fest, they jumped the shark this season.

it never wasn't fantasy schlock. the original outline for the story had a tyrion-arya-jon snow love triangle. the first season had a guy mansplaining the plot to the audience and then telling a hooker to "play with her arse." every major moment in the series has either been built around a battle scene or someone gruesomely dying.

this has never been "prestige tv" or "the wire with dragons"

the problem for me was that it felt like i was watching a well made fan fiction, it was all so clumsy and rushed

there were some fantastic moments tho and i enjoyed the season for what it was

but ill never forgive them for what they did with littlefinger, it was one of the shittiest ending to a character ever, he didnt deserve that ending

he certainly deserved his throat being slit, if anything he got off lucky. it was all a bit rushed of course, but in order to build that up sibling distrust and end it with the same shocking reveal in a more satisfying manner would have taken a lot more screen time, and they just didn't have it, so what you gonna do? their main problem wasn't in this season so much as too much ponderous shit and unnecessary brothel scenes in the earlier seasons.

GOT has turned into a fantasy schlock fest, they jumped the shark this season.

it never wasn't fantasy schlock. the original outline for the story had a tyrion-arya-jon snow love triangle. the first season had a guy mansplaining the plot to the audience and then telling a hooker to "play with her arse." every major moment in the series has either been built around a battle scene or someone gruesomely dying.

this has never been "prestige tv" or "the wire with dragons"

This is probably true, but it felt less forced than this season. Old GOT flowed while this mechanically clunks along with the gears on show for all to see.

he certainly deserved his throat being slit, if anything he got off lucky. 

oh i didnt mean it like that, the littlefinger storyline was always going to end with him dying, im saying the way it was done was a disgrace because he is such a good character, littlefingah deserved a better more thoughtful ending 

I thought the scenario was great, they just rushed it. His double talking had to be the end of him, and having him there with a shit eating grin thinking another of his brilliant plans was coming to fruition only to quickly go 'oh bollox', was great. It's difficult also to imagine how they could have drawn it out longer without ruining the surprise, but it did seem rushed somehow.

they've just tried to condense a massive amount of source material into a really small period of time.

only bad episode was the one where Jon Snow was gathering people to go north of the wall a catch a walker.

it was such a clunky episode where at no point did you feel Jon gave two fucks who he was taking along.

it was like "hey guys anyone want to come to the shop and get some milk? oh i mean north of the wall and get a whyte?"

twas pretty weak. the next one made up for it though. and i think the final series will be worth watching still.

Finally started binging this a little while back. On season 5 ep 6. It's all well done for the most part, but something is missing.... wizards, trolls, Asian actors...

Can't put my finger on it. Definitely don't get the hype/10

yeah that's true, i was in fact one of those people for a while. but then i realised that watching films on a laptop is not much different...

plus i got a free tv. tbf i only really got into tv when boardwalk empire started, and then it was this (and new twin peaks). 

it's the only show i've ever, ever stuck with. (got bored of boardwalk eventually).

Is "tbf" = "to be frank"?

yes, unless your name isn't frank in which case you replace it with the first letter of your name. tba (auxien), tbx (xxx), etc. tbh pops up a lot because there's a LOT of internet trolls who go by the name harold, and you'll sometimes see tbqh as well which is of course 'to be quinn-horatio which i think is a jewish name that's been culturally appropriated in an ironic way by anti-sjw diehards.

:emotawesomepm9:

Is "tbf" = "to be frank"?

it stands for tits bum fanny (the english fanny not the american)

the term was first used by Chaucer in the Millers tale, and then by Shakespeare in the bawdy Taming of the Shrew.

it's often used by actors to rid the stage of evil spirits, and to precede humorous and inconsequential chatter.

i'm sure no one gives a shit about this, but i've developed a sizable crush on Rory Maccann

as surprising as it is to me, I'm just glad I'm not dead inside after all. (it's the little things)

yarp

haha! he did a lot with that role. felt really sorry for him at this bit. anyway, sorry to change the tone so. :emotawesomepm9:

D6hJ3u0.gif

not watching/liking game of thrones is the new vegan/i don't even own a tv.

Yes, happens to anything which gets too big/mainstream. I don't care. At GoT 7x04 I was alone, at night, wife not here, so all emotions possible, it was a remarkable experience, was on the edge of my seat - sooooooooooooooooo intense OMG -

It's that moments which are important in life. Like listening to Ae for the first time, which may have happened to a lot of us in the 90s.

Best regards

Team Drogon (I love those pets)

not watching/liking game of thrones is the new vegan/i don't even own a tv.

Yes, happens to anything which gets too big/mainstream. I don't care. At GoT 7x04 I was alone, at night, wife not here, so all emotions possible, it was a remarkable experience, was on the edge of my seat - sooooooooooooooooo intense OMG -

It's that moments which are important in life. Like listening to Ae for the first time, which may have happened to a lot of us in the 90s.

Best regards

Team Drogon (I love those pets)

Yes I now right! It's really fucking exciting, jumping up and down on the sofa and squealing type exciting. haters can fuck off IMO.

i think they should have killed off daenyrs. that would have been a great dark twist. the good guys came out flying full colours this season. 

or cersei should have executed jamie when she actualy threatened it. i actually thought her little head nod to gregor was her saying do it for a second, that was quite exciting. but no. 

Archived