Sign in to follow this  
data

Game of Thrones

i'd prefer a sixties version

they gave one of the best characters the shittiest death scene, boooo!

some actual writing and not just pushing the whole contraption through the motions towards the conclusion.

What does it take to satisfy teh watmms?

Showrunners who give a fuck

What does it take to satisfy teh watmms?

a snare rush

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

have they gone through the whole season before the end of the summer? Please tell me, ive been blind for 4 months

have they gone through the whole season before the end of the summer? Please tell me, ive been blind for 4 months

Ok just caught up on this.

Episodes 6 and 7 were cool but overall the pacing was pretty shitty and now we have incest on all sides of the war

Hell yes, incest!

Hell yes, incest!

Yes, incest most IDM 2017!

GOT has turned into a fantasy schlock fest, they jumped the shark this season.

it never wasn't fantasy schlock. the original outline for the story had a tyrion-arya-jon snow love triangle. the first season had a guy mansplaining the plot to the audience and then telling a hooker to "play with her arse." every major moment in the series has either been built around a battle scene or someone gruesomely dying.

this has never been "prestige tv" or "the wire with dragons"

yup

the problem for me was that it felt like i was watching a well made fan fiction, it was all so clumsy and rushed

there were some fantastic moments tho and i enjoyed the season for what it was

but ill never forgive them for what they did with littlefinger, it was one of the shittiest ending to a character ever, he didnt deserve that ending

Edited by Deer

he certainly deserved his throat being slit, if anything he got off lucky. it was all a bit rushed of course, but in order to build that up sibling distrust and end it with the same shocking reveal in a more satisfying manner would have taken a lot more screen time, and they just didn't have it, so what you gonna do? their main problem wasn't in this season so much as too much ponderous shit and unnecessary brothel scenes in the earlier seasons.

it never wasn't fantasy schlock. the original outline for the story had a tyrion-arya-jon snow love triangle. the first season had a guy mansplaining the plot to the audience and then telling a hooker to "play with her arse." every major moment in the series has either been built around a battle scene or someone gruesomely dying.

this has never been "prestige tv" or "the wire with dragons"

This is probably true, but it felt less forced than this season. Old GOT flowed while this mechanically clunks along with the gears on show for all to see.

he certainly deserved his throat being slit, if anything he got off lucky. 

oh i didnt mean it like that, the littlefinger storyline was always going to end with him dying, im saying the way it was done was a disgrace because he is such a good character, littlefingah deserved a better more thoughtful ending 

Edited by Deer

I thought the scenario was great, they just rushed it. His double talking had to be the end of him, and having him there with a shit eating grin thinking another of his brilliant plans was coming to fruition only to quickly go 'oh bollox', was great. It's difficult also to imagine how they could have drawn it out longer without ruining the surprise, but it did seem rushed somehow.

i'm sure no one gives a shit about this, but i've developed a sizable crush on Rory Maccann

as surprising as it is to me, I'm just glad I'm not dead inside after all. (it's the little things)