IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Could be really good but it kinda looks like it may be really mediocre-ish. I will definitely check it out though and hope for the best.

• 4 months later...

yeah i was thinking that, oh good it's got boramir in it. It was nice to see him reprising a sword carrying drama in black death. Left me wanting more of him in that setting. And i guess this is the answer to that. Not that i'll be watching though. TV dramas + dleetr don't happen. Well unless they're animated.

Been waiting on this, as I am a big fan of the books. Looks like it could be good, or it looks like it could be some terrible Syfy Channel bullshit. Hoping for the former. WE SHALL SEE.

Winter is coming. *writes fanfic*

Guest disparaissant

Looks like it could be good, or it looks like it could be some terrible Syfy Channel bullshit. Hoping for the former. WE SHALL SEE.

it might not be the greatest, but i doubt it will be terrible syfy channel bullshit. i think the lowest hbo sinks is starz level haha.

I wonder if a success of the series will get Martin to finish his series.

hope so. dude is just being lazy IMO.

Looks like it could be good, or it looks like it could be some terrible Syfy Channel bullshit. Hoping for the former. WE SHALL SEE.

it might not be the greatest, but i doubt it will be terrible syfy channel bullshit. i think the lowest hbo sinks is starz level haha.

yes true. that is my main hope, and why i am excited. HBO generally delivers. The White Walker trailer looked great.

Guest hahathhat

i read the first two books and got bored; never finished the series. while it was slow at times, it was fucking good. hope this movie thing does it justice....

Guest Smuckers

big fan of the books, gonna attempt to re-read them all before the next ones out in July. stoked for the tv show, but doubtful it will live up to expectations, even if Martin himself was involved.

I thought the show was layed out as best as possible, given the complex narrative in the books. I am sure some non-book fans are a bit "wat" about certain things, but most of those moments will hopefully be made a bit clearer as the show unfolds. The locations that they filmed in were great as well. Aside from a few scenes, it felt like they filmed in actual places, as opposed to created sets. Over all, I enjoyed it. But..

I don't like the actors that they have playing Robert, Tyrion & Cersei. Robert is just too short and fat. His acting is fine, but he doesn't line up with Martin's descriptives.

Cersei could be ok, but I am not so sure just yet. Mainly, my gripe is similar to Robert.. the book descriptive and portrayal doesn't line up as best as they could have with casting.

Tyrion.. welp. No. Not good. This might be a show killer for me, given Tyrion's big role (ha)in the story over all. I really really reallllllly loathe fake accents. If you are going to cast a show with obviously mixed Briths/Amerka actors, please just let them speak in their native accents. Or, conversely, just have the Brits do fake American accents. I know this sounds kind of dickish, but British actors almost ALWAYS can pull it off, where as Americans sound like complete idiots attempting the UK and or Irish accent (Angelina Jolie, Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow).

Watched, i hope there's more magic and less drama.

I am of the opposite opinion. There are certain fantasy elements, but I don't think there is any magic in Martin's books, if there is then it's minor. It's all about the intrigue and drama. Sword & sorcery fantasy is gay anyways. Stick to your cartoons, dude.

Archived