IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just lol...so the big scary existential threat over all these seasons got dealt within one episode in the most cheesiest way ever and now it's back to some silly squabble about some chair.

now it's back to some silly squabble about some chair.

In some sense I'm actually more curious about what happens next

I dunno, I guess I'm a basic bitch but I was satisfied with the episode, one could argue it was anti-climatic but I'm still personally processing the gravity of what just transpired in this fictional universe.

It wasn't as intense or engaging as the Battle of the Bastards, but it was dire and grueling, that was the fucking point. There are multiple vignettes from this battle alone that could of a been a suitable climax / pivotal scene of an entire season, for this show or any other really. I'm curious what alternatives others wanted to see in lieu of how the battle went down. 

Other observations:

- dat dragons above the clouds shot: god knows how many desktop backgrounds were changed to that overnight. was pretty badass looking 

- Daenerys' gradual descent into megalomaniac madness was throw off a bit, she was her most vulnerable - watching Jorah die, actually seeing death up close and scrambling to survive with her own sword. 

- Melisandre's plot and exit from the series is one of my favorites yet, I like when characters maintain an earnest sense of mystery 

- I'd love to see an episode detailing how they will clean up all of those dead bodies - burning pyres, mopping up entrails, figuring out who to put back in the crypt

Anyway, what next? My wife is tentatively leaning toward the theory that Jon and Daenerys will end up killing each other, leaving Sansa to ascend. 

just lol...so the big scary existential threat over all these seasons got dealt within one episode in the most cheesiest way ever and now it's back to some silly squabble about some chair.

the political squabbling was always more interesting than the magic zombies.

Still room for the famous lynchian "it was all a dream, and f#ck it, lets introduce time travel/shift identities as well" plot twist, I see ;-)

FWIW it was a fun episode. I enjoyed it but there’s some holes. Anyway, this gif agrees with what a lot of people are complaining about.

https://gfycat.com/SentimentalGlamorousCollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still room for the famous lynchian "it was all a dream, and f#ck it, lets introduce time travel/shift identities as well" plot twist, I see ;-)

or they never won the game of thrones and Dan actually died of heart attack

or more bluntly

FWIW it was a fun episode. I enjoyed it but there’s some holes. Anyway, this gif agrees with what a lot of people are complaining about.

Now that's a funny ass gifmeme  :w00t:

aaargh

so much cringe this entire episode. most of the episode i was basically eating myself up because they should have known they'd only need a few kills. that was pretty much established the last season. what was their strategy? fight all the useless shit and ignore the few who'd actually be worthwhile to attack. 

and sure, in the end a single blow could end it all. that scenario was already a given. but please, instead create some tension by hunting the sub-bosses first. why not go for a plot where their strategy was to hunt for the few that mattered?

like for instance, spy on the moving dead army by following them from a safe distance. which would be easy because their goal was known: the three eyed raven. and meanwhile kill those sub bosses off one by one. get into some story where the dead knight has to figure out some counter strategy. and you'd have some tension because you want to track their movements while not being seen. you'd have some cat and mouse story which you'd easily be able to draw out over a number of episodes. you'd introduce some actual strategy, instead of: dragon-glass and fire and then duh... try to hit anything that move and makes funny noises.

it would also give the night king some kind of character. instead of some kind of super power with some obvious achilles heal. instead, mindless waving of swords and axes.

some extra stupidity: if you'd know they were hunting for the three eyed raven, why have all the women and children basically in the same place!? send them to the south or something. you know, be smart and get them out of the line of fire.

this was so f-ing mindless.

thank god this is done, i guess. now there's only the useless war against cerceis army left, i guess. hopefully that's not going to be another episode of mindless stupidity from start to end.

fuck, this was fucking annoying

Now that's a funny ass gifmeme :w00t:
So true... no real plot, flat characters even with nonexistent dialogue

for the first 20 minutes it was looking like it was going to transcend the two towers-like big battle™ presets and do something interesting and relatively new. the tension buildup before the battle was good, the way horsepeople got got was nice as well, and then the first  visible zombie assault that looked a tidal way of horror sweeping everything on its path was awesome. the sense of dread and hopelessness was real for a while. but then the tension gets farted away completely and we get into the checkbox checking mode with all the deaths of secondary characters, near deaths of main ones, useless video gamy stealth sequence, all kinds of acts of heroism and all of the boring and worn out shit that's way past diminishing returns. it's just so awfully mechanical, predictable and dull at this point. bleh.

i was actually enjoying it thoroughly right up the point where nothing was explained with the night king and bran, no-one died, and the entire army of the dead got wiped out in one hit.halfway through i thought daenerys dead, night king speaks to bran and turns out he actually had an alterior motive of not just being a pure arsehole, episode ends with an actual cliffhanger instead of just exactly the same as the last episode. 

I feel like I’m the only one who thinks the Night King was boring High Fantasy Evil bullshit, and the Army of the Dead was always better as a metaphor for everyone’s real existential threat rather than an incarnated existential threat.

I’m looking forward to Cersei actually slaughtering everyone you all care about, especially Snow, who is like the most mediocre hero ever to bumble into a position of esteem.

Just like fucking rub her twat all over his corpse and cover it in some proper amoral grool and then have an incest with her newborn to ensure a bloodline of incest clownage rules over humanity for the remainder of its fucking idiotic existence, as is just and proper, and the end credits will just be GRRM reciting some shitty cannibal corpse lyrics over a still image of Danaerys being dead but still looking confused

And then in a post-credit sequence the newborn pulls of its face and it were Arya all along

Death is still going to win yOu FuckInG NErdOs

especially Snow, who is like the most mediocre hero ever to bumble into a position of esteem.

you forget Forest Gump.

Sadly, no, I accounted for Gump

lol it was fucking dark and hard too see...had to turn all the lights off, shut the curtains and bugger about with my picture settings to make it viewable

I streamed it from Sky Go live and it looked like shite, then downloaded a copy and rewatched last night and I could actually see what was going on.

I still quite liked it 2nd time around, battle wasn't as good as the battle to retake Winterfell, though I really liked the buildup, the sense of impending dread, the brief bit of hope with the Dothraki charge and subsequent pants shitting from everyone after that totally failed.

My main gripes were the walker generals and night king didn't get involved enough (ok, at least the night king flew around on his dragon a bit, but the others should have at least got involved in a sword fight with some of the major characters or something), and yeah the night king should have at least had a chat with Bran at the end, he just walked around with a stupid smirk on his face the whole time and got into a bit of stare off with a few people.

Archived