IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crossword Enthusiast said:

I hope for the dumbest ending possible. Talking dragons etc. 

lol

Putting my money on Jon Snow, got tomorrow off thankfully so can watch it early doors. 

Yeah last night shift tonight so I will be going straight home at 7am, dloading it and working my way through 2 different brewdog stouts (11% & 14%) while watching. Like I said, cunted.

wasn't a bad ending, about as good as i'd have expected. figured there'd be a little more /subversion/ but still…. season should've been longer basically. it worked.

33 minutes ago, caze said:

there's three projects in the works, I think they're all set in the past though.

"Blood and Boobs: The Beginning"

Bit underwhelmed, the story was as expected really but more iconic imagery would have been good, particularly for the final shot. The wings behind Daenerys was cool. Some of the banter around the table at the end was bloody shite.

6 hours ago, tec said:

Bit underwhelmed, the story was as expected really but more iconic imagery would have been good, particularly for the final shot. The wings behind Daenerys was cool. Some of the banter around the table at the end was bloody shite.

yeah.. that banter reminded me of Seinfeld for some reason.  "OK now on w/the jokes and the instant camaraderie. we put the band back together.. the gangs all here.. the kids are taking over".

so, was Bran playing the game all along.. using what he knew to mess up john and the dragon queen and letting the night king weaken her armies etc.. but wtf makes no sense. Game of Broken plot lines. tarded. 

aside from arya killing the frozen guy and some dragon stuff this season was pretty weak. i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started. yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing. 

Absolutely fucking dreadful ending. It's like watching a kids fairytale. I almost turned it off. The whole of season 8 is just a bad GOT parody. A complete insult to the rest of the series. I'm glad it's over and I'm done with the whole thing. No way I'll be watching any spinoffs or prequels. Fuck the books as well. I really don't care anymore.

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. that banter reminded me of Seinfeld for some reason.  "OK now on w/the jokes and the instant camaraderie. we put the band back together.. the gangs all here.. the kids are taking over".

so, was Bran playing the game all along.. using what he knew to mess up john and the dragon queen and letting the night king weaken her armies etc.. but wtf makes no sense. Game of Broken plot lines. tarded. 

aside from arya killing the frozen guy and some dragon stuff this season was pretty weak. i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started. yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing.  

The chatting and banter were good tho. That's what everyone loved about the show from the get-go and has been lacking over the last two seasons. 

Bran wasn't playing for the throne, he just knew he'd be the best choice. I don't believe he was lying when he said he didn't want it. 

Season was full of interesting stuff, it was just hella rushed. 

more boobs. and dicks. and butts. and dragon sex.

rushed for sure. it's a bummmer.  i thought the banter was a bit off but probably because it was rushed. "too soon" or something.  i think the season had some moments but was a clusterfuck. oh well.  

The last 3 seasons were quite a few classes below the book-driven seasons. And the last season sucked balls. But I think this kind of a sucky ending has been a sure thing from the start. How the fuck do you finish such a sprawling story to begin with? With so many threads starting and ending, so many re-focuses after major characters' deaths? ASOIAF has always been about the never-ending cruel circle of life and trying to capture it at the right moment to end it was a doomed notion from the beginning. Georgy knows that - that's why his books have been multiplying. And that's why the plotting of finale, where all the threads would be cut at the same time, seemed so clunky and forced. I'm not saying it couldn't be done better - it could've been - shit, The Sopranos ended perfectly and it was a series with a similar life-like meandering plot. But I think that we will also get a shitty end in the final George's book, if we ever get it.

(When Stephen King wrote The Stand, he also started a thousand small threads and got frustrated with his own creation. That's why he simply introduced a giant explosion in the middle of the book which killed half the characters. GOT did a similar thing in the 6th season when shit got worse.)

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started.

I think he's got most of the final two books finished, broad strokes at least, there's too many sprawling plot lines though so the problem is editing them together to make sense more than anything else.

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing. 

Martin hinted that the spinoffs would be based off the histories of Westeros he's written, rather than original stuff. don't think we'll see any of the main actors again, they're probably all sick of this shit by now and have raised their profiles enough to make a shit ton of cash elsewhere.

Archived