Sign in to follow this  
data

Game of Thrones

meh

so what, are they going to make a sequel cause that's what it smelt like.

there's three projects in the works, I think they're all set in the past though.

33 minutes ago, caze said:

there's three projects in the works, I think they're all set in the past though.

"Blood and Boobs: The Beginning"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

"Blood and Boobs: The Beginning"

:duckhunt:

Bit underwhelmed, the story was as expected really but more iconic imagery would have been good, particularly for the final shot. The wings behind Daenerys was cool. Some of the banter around the table at the end was bloody shite.

6 hours ago, tec said:

Bit underwhelmed, the story was as expected really but more iconic imagery would have been good, particularly for the final shot. The wings behind Daenerys was cool. Some of the banter around the table at the end was bloody shite.

yeah.. that banter reminded me of Seinfeld for some reason.  "OK now on w/the jokes and the instant camaraderie. we put the band back together.. the gangs all here.. the kids are taking over".

so, was Bran playing the game all along.. using what he knew to mess up john and the dragon queen and letting the night king weaken her armies etc.. but wtf makes no sense. Game of Broken plot lines. tarded. 

aside from arya killing the frozen guy and some dragon stuff this season was pretty weak. i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started. yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing. 

What a shitshow

Absolutely fucking dreadful ending. It's like watching a kids fairytale. I almost turned it off. The whole of season 8 is just a bad GOT parody. A complete insult to the rest of the series. I'm glad it's over and I'm done with the whole thing. No way I'll be watching any spinoffs or prequels. Fuck the books as well. I really don't care anymore.

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. that banter reminded me of Seinfeld for some reason.  "OK now on w/the jokes and the instant camaraderie. we put the band back together.. the gangs all here.. the kids are taking over".

so, was Bran playing the game all along.. using what he knew to mess up john and the dragon queen and letting the night king weaken her armies etc.. but wtf makes no sense. Game of Broken plot lines. tarded. 

aside from arya killing the frozen guy and some dragon stuff this season was pretty weak. i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started. yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing.  

The chatting and banter were good tho. That's what everyone loved about the show from the get-go and has been lacking over the last two seasons. 

Bran wasn't playing for the throne, he just knew he'd be the best choice. I don't believe he was lying when he said he didn't want it. 

Season was full of interesting stuff, it was just hella rushed. 

more boobs. and dicks. and butts. and dragon sex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rushed for sure. it's a bummmer.  i thought the banter was a bit off but probably because it was rushed. "too soon" or something.  i think the season had some moments but was a clusterfuck. oh well.  

The last 3 seasons were quite a few classes below the book-driven seasons. And the last season sucked balls. But I think this kind of a sucky ending has been a sure thing from the start. How the fuck do you finish such a sprawling story to begin with? With so many threads starting and ending, so many re-focuses after major characters' deaths? ASOIAF has always been about the never-ending cruel circle of life and trying to capture it at the right moment to end it was a doomed notion from the beginning. Georgy knows that - that's why his books have been multiplying. And that's why the plotting of finale, where all the threads would be cut at the same time, seemed so clunky and forced. I'm not saying it couldn't be done better - it could've been - shit, The Sopranos ended perfectly and it was a series with a similar life-like meandering plot. But I think that we will also get a shitty end in the final George's book, if we ever get it.

(When Stephen King wrote The Stand, he also started a thousand small threads and got frustrated with his own creation. That's why he simply introduced a giant explosion in the middle of the book which killed half the characters. GOT did a similar thing in the 6th season when shit got worse.)

don't wanna ruin it for those who might stumble into this thread before watching the last ep, so my review is inside the spoiler:

Spoiler

succinct for you

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

lol

Edited by chronical
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, tec said:

Bit underwhelmed

yup

• Thanks 1

i guess there's 2 more books planned. the next one isn't done yet and the last one hasn't been started.

I think he's got most of the final two books finished, broad strokes at least, there's too many sprawling plot lines though so the problem is editing them together to make sense more than anything else.

yet there's like 3 spinoffs from GoT in the works.. i assume "West of Westoros" and maybe "We paid Sansa $2.5 million for this shot of bare boobs" may be a thing. 

Martin hinted that the spinoffs would be based off the histories of Westeros he's written, rather than original stuff. don't think we'll see any of the main actors again, they're probably all sick of this shit by now and have raised their profiles enough to make a shit ton of cash elsewhere.

yeah there's so much history in the ASOIAF books that HBO gonna have a money train 10,000 miles long

• Thanks 1

so i guess with bran the passive as king in the end the ultimate, eternal (i mean he can theoretically live forever in some bird like the former warg bosu dude in his tree, right?) surveillance state prevails. no more secret plotting, no more games for thrones, no more wheel alright.

so in conclusion got = china progaganda, basically. subversive!

interesting...

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

yeah there's so much history in the ASOIAF books that HBO gonna have a money train 10,000 miles long

except the spinoffs will almost certainly be much less popular than GoT.  I imagine one will be dark and brooding and weird/super-fantasy/lore/etc., and another (if a second one even gets greenlighted) will be more'GoT'-flavored political drama, which will never ever be able to live up to GoT (and/or be subject to burnout by the fans/public)

2 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

Hide contents

so i guess with bran the passive as king in the end the ultimate, eternal (i mean he can theoretically live forever in some bird like the former warg bosu dude in his tree, right?) surveillance state prevails. no more secret plotting, no more games for thrones, no more wheel alright

interesting... 

I don't think so...I think he would have to become part of the weirwood tree like the last one to 'live forever' but I could be wrong (also show world is different than book world with powers and such so who knows) but yeah, him being able to see all reality as is could be helpful, but he's sorta been very much not using that really, or at least obviously...and it seems to not be the easiest thing for him to do either so like, he's still sorta 'hardware-limited' in terms of brain power with which he can process past/present events, it seems...

I was waiting for the ewok music to start playing

tbh i'd totally watch a spin-off of 10 minute shorts of just retarded small council banter, with the actual developements in the realm being left to the viewer's imagination informed by the conversations alone.

23 minutes ago, auxien said:

except the spinoffs will almost certainly be much less popular than GoT.  I imagine one will be dark and brooding and weird/super-fantasy/lore/etc., and another (if a second one even gets greenlighted) will be more'GoT'-flavored political drama, which will never ever be able to live up to GoT (and/or be subject to burnout by the fans/public)

I don't think so...I think he would have to become part of the weirwood tree like the last one to 'live forever' but I could be wrong (also show world is different than book world with powers and such so who knows) but yeah, him being able to see all reality as is could be helpful, but he's sorta been very much not using that really, or at least obviously...and it seems to not be the easiest thing for him to do either so like, he's still sorta 'hardware-limited' in terms of brain power with which he can process past/present events, it seems...

well he seemed surprisingly un-apathetic when he was declared chieftain... dat smirk liek "ye bitch wat u kno millions dead sure it HAD to be this whey or why you think i'm here rn teehee".

i say he's major tyrantroll.

(yeah no i'm just talking out my ass but this conclusion was kinda ridiculous and in some way i actually kinda dig it.)

Given the rest of this season, this episode wasn't too bad, I thought. Less cringe, although the Jon Snow Danaerys kiss was pretty close. The ending, well, it could have been worse. My expectations were so low, that I give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets say it's a worthy ending for this 8th season. 

Although I must say it's f-ing silly that Tyrion went from being a (to be) convict to the one proposing the new king in a single heartbeat. That came out of nowhere and felt unwarranted. Might be because Tyrion was the last one played by a good actor and basically had to carry the entire episode on his own. 

I wasn't disappointed in the finale because the previous episodes had beaten anything resembling a high expectation out of me. I have no issue with the conclusions drawn but the rushed nature of the story telling didn't provide the context for them to be palatable or meaningful . It's crazy that in Two and a bit years all we got was 13 episodes of half baked bullshit to close out what could have been one of the best series