IGNORED

I desperately need your help WATMM

Guest Al5x

Through the power of syncing my brain has been reminded of a long lost track I found as a small boy adventuring into electronic music...

As far as track name details, all I remember is the artist first name John and the word Odyssey, however I believe odyssey may be my mind fucking with me because any combination of the words "john" "odyssey" and anything else I can possibly think of yield completely irrelevant results in all the search engines I've tried

As far as sounds I can give you but two examples.

The synth as well as the riff that arrives at about 1:45 in Delphium off Saw 85-92 seems to be an almost exact duplication of a riff in the track I'm thinking of, I wonder if maybe this was even consciously nabbed by Mr. John Whoever (or the other way around :O).

and also the synth in this track about 0:06 seconds in thats very funky, mostly in the right channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZ9z8s_mHI

The best way I can describe the track is a prog-rock interpretation of electronic dance music from the late 80's or perhaps early 90's (however i could be wrong about the time period) that is funky but not necessarily in an American way...for some reason I am led to believe it's most likely of european, specifically British origin (imagine that :cisfor:).

What the fuck am I thinking of guys?????????????? This has been bothering me for years now >:(

I'm gonna use your help-thread for my own purposes now, as I need some help too -

I need to "steam up" a window purposely for a film. Any ideas how I can do that?

I tried putting a bowl of hot water next to it but that didn't seem to do much at all. It would be enough if the window was only steamed up in a certain spot, so that something can be written on it. Mhh ... :shrug:

I'm gonna use your help-thread for my own purposes now, as I need some help too -

I need to "steam up" a window purposely for a film. Any ideas how I can do that?

I tried putting a bowl of hot water next to it but that didn't seem to do much at all. It would be enough if the window was only steamed up in a certain spot, so that something can be written on it. Mhh ... :shrug:

heh--do you know anyone that works at a restaurant? When I worked at Pizza Hut, there was a "walk-in freezer" that was attached to the back of the store. It had two parts: the main room was chilled to a typical refrigerator level (<40 F). The smaller subsection was chilled to freezer conditions.

Your hot bowl of water trick would work for certain. The problem is that you would need to use a prop window and figure out a way to conceal rows of refrigerated food that would be visible through the "finger writing" hahaha. Also, not sure what part of Germany you're in but it should be getting bloody cold any minute now. Berlin is 22o north in latitude from my house and it's cunting chilly (highs around 0 or so). Should be easy to get a cold window to steam up pretty soon.

Yeah it's been quite chilly already, about -7° (celcius), now it's +4 for some reason. About the restaurant - we actually own a restaurant. We don't have anything remotely like a freezing room though. But I figured out a way, it's pretty cheap but works - I let the shower next door run, open the door in between the two rooms and close all other doors. I tried it before and it didn't work, probably due to the outside temperature being to high then. Tried again today and it worked fine, so I'm probably just gonna go with that.

get 100 guys to blow the window for the same time?

Shit man, grow up already. Get your GF naked, pump her silly. If you are doing your job right, that window won't only steam up: it'll crack.

Or that

Yo this worked absolutely fine, looked very nice, the lens didn't steam up either (covered the cam with some bedsheets until right before the shoot). The best thing was that I turned off the shower after steaming up the windows, then the moisture started running down and created these little lines. It even lasted for the whole time we spent in there which was a couple of hours. Neat!

On another note, fuck.

Archived