IGNORED

The Black Dog

chassis

Since theres no room for current The Black Dog affairs in the Plaid subforum. I decided we should have an official one right here in Music Discussion.

Any Black Dog releated news or if you just want to post some of your favourite tracks, you can do it right here.

And what better way to kick off the thread then with a new FREE release. Listening to the 1st track for the 2nd time, hard hitting :music:

Subject to Delays EP

2971998916-1.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Black Dog are amaezing , specially early black dog.

The stuff balil ,atypic and Ken did during that amazing era was just unreal.

um, the awesomely wonderful stuff made by Plaid and Ken should really go in the Plaid forum i reckon. ;)

this here should be the thread for the latest current new Black Dog lineup, ie. Dust(System 23) and Ken, atm. so like, anything by tBd that doesn't include/feature Plaid, really. like the Downie years, 96-2000.. and the Downie/Black Sifichi era, 2002... and then the Dusty ears.. like, 2005-present day.

what you think, chassis? 'tis your thread after all. :)

if it got released under the Black Dog name it should go in the plaid forum. Yes, I can see how that makes sense.

well good. lol

but seriously.. if 2 out of the 3 members who made it were Plaid, then yeah it should go in the Plaid forum really. is that easier for you to understand, chen GOD? makes perfect sense to me!

basically anything from 1996 onwards.. there, that's much more simple and easy to understand, surely.

'cos anything before that time will include a lot of Ed & Andys' work, moreso than Kens', so it would make more proper sense to post about that in the Plaid forum. *and relax* Lol

Since Plaid was originally created as a side project to Black Dog Productions/the Black Dog, I'd say anything made under the Plaid moniker should go in the Plaid forum.

Thanks for the link to the album though Boxing Day :)

That's fine by me sirch. I am not familiar with Black Dog post Andy & Ed.

I'm looking forward to listen to their new stuff.

Anyways , Squelch is a good song , i just wanted to post it because i don't want people to forget.

Guest ruiagnelo

i am happy that i discovered electronic music with The Black Dog, the early 90's one.

it was the perfect way of doing so.

maybe its exactly the reason why i have such a deep passion for their music. or maybe it is because they brought a one of kind sound to this world, so original, pure, sophisticated... almost alien like. i don't know and i don't need to.

but i can't deny how frustrating it is, sometimes also painful, to listen to their current incarnation without thinking of the past.

it is great and full of good quality, but with all the respect, i would have prefered to see them using another name for the current band.

i hope i get to listen to their early stuff as long as i am living, and that it continues to feed my mind and soul with such beauty expressed through sounds.

by the way,

currently listening to Spanners, and probably about to cry.

Since Plaid was originally created as a side project to Black Dog Productions/the Black Dog, I'd say anything made under the Plaid moniker should go in the Plaid forum.

and that's where it gets messy, 'cos Ed, Andy (plaid) and Ken formed and made BDP and tBd. it's kind of a 'chicken and the egg' type-thing - what came first. lol.. Ken and Ed did. but whatever.. if people want to blur the lines and lump it all in together with the Dust stuff then do so.. it's chassis' thread :) i'm not gonna get into all that shitzzle again this time...

here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAzGKmQZVw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrc8nMtxEqA

'Silenced' was a good album. then it all went downhill from there, imo. enjoy! :)

Well Boxing Day, you've come to the right place. I'll begin shall I.

Radio Scarecrow:

Silenced:

Music for Adverts (and Short Films):

this is actually a live version but how and ever

Tripside Syndicate:

Absolutely beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRcQz_os3d8

I can recommend more later.

Guest ruiagnelo

my wish

is that we can make this thread both a place to preserve the memory of the early 90's black dog

and

to accept the new music, altough conscious that it is far from being a reincarnation of the old dog or that it has any sort of connection to the past, or whatsoever.

who is with me?

I'd like to know why Plaid left in the first place and refused to work on the third and last of the 3 Black Dog albums they'd signed up to make with Warp, leaving Ken to do it all on his own...

Guest ruiagnelo

I'd like to know why Plaid left in the first place and refused to work on the third and last of the 3 Black Dog albums they'd signed up to make with Warp, leaving Ken to do it all on his own...

i guess we will hardly know the truth, mate :(

Guest Calx Sherbet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBi2GLDl-g

The Black Dog are amaezing , specially early black dog.

The stuff balil ,atypic and Ken did during that amazing era was just unreal.

balil was always my favourite

Yes , preserve the memory of early 90's Black Dog.

I mean , i get why you guys want to put early black dog in plaid subforum .. but .. plaid is plaid and black dog is black dog.

i think Joy Rex might be a tad exhausted of the recent sub-forum affairs

I think Balil is everyone's favourite.

I wasn't asking for a subforum (i don't want to go there again) , i just think plaid is a different beast , i understand why people want to put plaid and early black dog in the same bag , but i don't think its fair.

Anyways , i don't want to internet fight over it.

Let's all enjoy TBD , spread the love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVfTxkhXSJg

Archived