IGNORED

Windowlicker contains a sample

Guest Quantum

Guest Quantum

it contains a female voice saying la repeatedly, this voice is lifted directly from a software programme from the early to mid-nineties. I discovered this last night when i was going through my software on my laptop, looking at really old programmmes that i have.

My question is, did richard say that the song contained only his voice at different pitches, because if he did that's a lie, it is the female voice in the software, which richard, changing the pitch.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere before, i thought it might be of some interest.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Quantum

{{citation needed}}

upload the sample as an attachment.

i may upload the sample later, first i'm gonna use it in a track, do you know if richard claimed it was all his own voice or not?

{{citation needed}}

upload the sample as an attachment.

i may upload the sample later, first i'm gonna use it in a track, do you know if richard claimed it was all his own voice or not?

i don't think he said either way. there are the two demo versions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6zCNA0G6A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdpFE5KVlQE&feature=related

Guest Quantum

like those demos, neither one highlights the bit of the song in question though, there is quite a long section of short la's which you can hear very clearly, this voice is a sample.

Guest khrimson

If you mean the girl saying "J'aime faire des croquettes aux chiens" he said in an interview it was his girlfriend of that period saying that

If you mean the girl saying "J'aime faire des croquettes aux chiens" he said in an interview it was his girlfriend of that period saying that

that's not what he's talking about - he's talking about the vocal melody that goes LALALALALALALAlalalalalalaLALALALALAoeeeeooooooo

Guest Quantum

that's not what he's talking about - he's talking about the vocal melody that goes LALALALALALALAlalalalalalaLALALALALAoeeeeooooooo

yeah, that's the bit i'm talking about, i didn't know aphex used any straight samples, all he did was switch the pitch, he did make it sound awesome though

yeah, that's the bit i'm talking about, i didn't know aphex used any straight samples, all he did was switch the pitch, he did make it sound awesome though

how do you think he got all the string samples on the RDJ album? used a straight sample, and switch the pitch

Windowlicker is obviously not just his own voice considering the bit where you hear the voice say "Je fait du lêche vitrine." There's also the spectrograph spirals with their distinct metallic sound.

Could you give a time frame for when the La's are so I can specifically listen to them?

Archived