IGNORED

Windowlicker contains a sample

Guest Quantum

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dilbthelame

at uni i had a housemate who swore blind that the girl noises were samples of mental patients or something.

she was an idiot and wrong about a lot of things though, probably this too.

Hey, I found this sample! I'm gonna use it in a track! I'm not gonna share the sample! It's from a computer program! I'm not gonna tell which program it is! I'm gonna use it in a track first!

didn't his girlfriend's sister provide some vocals, and wasn't credited for it, or something? or was that xltronic thread complete bullshit? i can't remember. :trashbear:

that's the vocals in mt. st. michel and st. michael's mount.

Hey, I found this sample! I'm gonna use it in a track! I'm not gonna share the sample! It's from a computer program! I'm not gonna tell which program it is! I'm gonna use it in a track first!

My question is, did richard say that the song contained only his voice at different pitches, because if he did that's a lie, it is the female voice in the software, which richard, changing the pitch.

the la's begin at rougly 2:47. Never called richard a liar, was just asking if he said it was all his own voice, that's all.

well you should consider calling him a liar because it's one of Richard's most hilarious and admirable characteristics. He simply does not give a shit in interviews and says some of the most over the top and fantastical things. Most likely he just bullshitted and said he used his own voice, because that sounds better to someone reading it than 'oh i found this old shareware program and stole the sample for it'

Richard claimed that the sounds in Windowlicker were created from modulating and pitching his voice.

I have no doubt that is true. Seems rather obvious if you've heard more than one song by him. :shrug:

really? because i have heard all of his songs and i find it to be mostly unbelievable. I believe certain parts of WindowLicker and Come to Daddy use his own voice being processed but it also features some female and actual children voice snippets. There is just no way that the voices are 100% richard as he has lead his fans to believe

Archived