IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Skyrim, understandably for such a huge dynamic game, has had quite a few weird glitches, strange physics, weird dumb stuff etc. for me but somehow that hasn't even come close to minimizing my love or ridiculous addiction for it. So good, I'm sad that I've done most of what I wanted to do and that I really should get back to a lot of real life priorities.

BTW, I saw this on Yahoo news front page:

http://games.yahoo.c...-195904653.html

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

i just made my way to solitude for the first time, on foot, it took about 2 hours due to all the things i had to stop and investigate along the way, damn this game is huge. had another dragon encounter, and right when the dragon bursts out of the ground and shit's about to go down, some dude runs up to me and is like "hey! i need you to hold on to something for me!". so while this huge dragon is raging right behind me, this guy is just standing there, calmly asking me for a favour. sort of fucked up the immersion.

i just made my way to solitude for the first time, on foot, it took about 2 hours due to all the things i had to stop and investigate along the way, damn this game is huge. had another dragon encounter, and right when the dragon bursts out of the ground and shit's about to go down, some dude runs up to me and is like "hey! i need you to hold on to something for me!". so while this huge dragon is raging right behind me, this guy is just standing there, calmly asking me for a favour. sort of fucked up the immersion.

exact same thing happened to me!

only the dragon was breathing ice or fire or some shit at me as the dude was talking to me.

I had to restart the Morthal vampire quest because I did some of it out of order and it glitched on me. Thankfully it's a fifteen-minute one, instead of an hour or two.

The Black Star quest is just awesome.

Question: is there a quicker way to switch weapons/magic? You could do it in fallout 3 from the d-pad. In skyrim it's just a menu.

You can add spells/weapons to favorites then press Q while in the world to bring up the quick menu. Then you can assign 1 to 9 as hotkeys for those spells/weapons.

I gave Skyrim another chance. I played for around 2 hours, did quite well, upgraded, killed, talked to people and eventually lost all interest in this game. I played diablo 2 and Gothics waaay too much to say this game lacks depth or fun or something. I don't get it, but I also don't want to play it. What's wrong with me?

Guest bitroast

Unless you're on 360 or ps3, in which case you get the favourites menu, and then left and right are the only hotkeys.

!!!!

left and right are hotkeys!??

Unless you're on 360 or ps3, in which case you get the favourites menu, and then left and right are the only hotkeys.

!!!!

Yup. You can hotkey things that are in the favourites menu ny holding left or right, a 1 or 2 will show up next to the name of the item, respectively... I'm still not sure how the game assigns them to your hands though, I hotkey spells and they go to the left hand. A second press of that key dual wields said spell.

God, being a master of pickpocket is so worth it. Not only do you get tons of valuables & gold (including magic rings and amulets) but you can make everyone in every town naked. :sup:

!!!!

Yup. You can hotkey things that are in the favourites menu ny holding left or right, a 1 or 2 will show up next to the name of the item, respectively... I'm still not sure how the game assigns them to your hands though, I hotkey spells and they go to the left hand. A second press of that key dual wields said spell.

i tried this today and i hotkeyed a torch on the left and a dagger on the right D-pad and when i did the dagger it went to right hand and i didnt want that so i set it to the bow. but at least the torch is easier to access cuz i was having huge troubles scrolling ALL THE WAY to the bottom of my hot bar list. every time i wanted to just light up the cave and i was even resorting to that stupid 60 second candle light spell which you know you are having a BAD DAY if you have to resort to using that stupid thing

Guest futuregirlfriend

That one has some baggage.

I changed my mind at the alter with Camilla Valerius and came back later with Sylgia. As well as being hotter and having massive norks she's got gimpy leg and a sad look about her. Major turn on.

Just started playing Skyrim, it's excellent.. I played Oblivion and wanted to finish it before going further, but my savegame got corrupted.. I got a bit tired of it anyway. I was really good at casting invisibility.. Sneaking around I could just barge into any dungeon, oblivion gate - flip the switch etc, everything.. Did want to see the story unfold though, but I doubt I will be going back anytime soon.

That one has some baggage. I changed my mind at the alter with Camilla Valerius and came back later with Sylgia. As well as being hotter and having massive norks she's got gimpy leg and a sad look about her. Major turn on.

Miuri's quite fit too.

Muiri.jpg

to gaarg: i think skyrim is such an obviously amazing game that if u dont like it then there is something gravely wrong with you as a person

so thats just what i think idk . but maybe u just dont like really great games or something or maybe its not FAST enough for u.

Hm. I think it lacks the wholeness of the world that Gothic has. Things in Skyrim just seem placed so that the world is filled, while in say Gothic 2 every piece of land felt good. It's my personal experience this, I don't want to hate something so many of you love but I really want to explain why it doesn't work for me. Also characters seem a bit flat. I don't know I'll wait and try it out after a while.

If anyone can help me out, please do, I'd like to have a positive experience here.

Archived