IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

It's a fairly entertaining, decent looking pile of crap that I'll probably spend another 30 hours on.

haha, yeah, basically... i don't really see how this can be goty. maybe the biggest. i think the books in the game are a good metaphor for the rest of it: yeah, there's tons of them, you could spend 50 hours reading them all, and that's impressive, but most of the content is just not that compelling.

what skyrim lacks is a sense of urgency. you're never really in danger. any mistake is one quicksave away from not being a mistake. if a dungeon is too hard, you can scale the difficulty back mid-combat if you want. and combat difficulty seems to be purely a function of damage; the enemies don't get smarter, they just get stronger.

the world isn't even in danger. all these people with their super serious problems will happily wait for you to go complete another 30 quests before getting back to them with their missing son or whatever.

it's weird. you can easily waste hours doing basically nothing in this game, and not really notice... so i guess it has that going for it. but all the leveling up doesn't really make the game more enjoyable, just easier. it's hard to get excited or look forward to any of the missions, since they all basically boil down to the same thing.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think if u have reasons to hate this game within 10 hours of playing it its just really not for you and it sems like you guys are going into it thinking its something its not and playing it for the wrong reasons so i think u shold take it back but i would recommend if u return it to get dark souls cuz thats a game that sounds like what you want to play....

im gona go enjoy skyrim a LOT and have the most fun EVER with my other watmm friends right you guys:) lets gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Depending on how you play Skyrim it can take a while to begin to fully appreciate it. Every hour I've spent in Skyrim, I have been more in awe at it's coolness. It's got many flaws but it's the most fun I've ever had in an RPG.

If Skyrim was a little more polished, slightly more advanced graphics (still makes me go woo wee wowie sometimes though) and was made for even just two player coop. WowzA. I'm so scared for the near future when MMOs are even more fun than the teh Skyrimjob.

ffuu, that guy who got decapitated in solitude, can't remember his name, but his head keeps following me around. whenever i fast travel anywhere it's right there on the ground next to my horse.

haha, i tried talking with his head and it said "this person is busy".

ffuu, that guy who got decapitated in solitude, can't remember his name, but his head keeps following me around. whenever i fast travel anywhere it's right there on the ground next to my horse.

Oh, that's awesome!

I was on my way to kill some bandits for a quest when I heard a dragon roar... five seconds later, the quest was completed. Turns out they were hiding near a dragon wall in the middle of nowhere, so I murdered the dragon and looted the freshly-toasted bandit corpses. Funny, but I was looking forward to refilling my Black Star and my weapon enchantments...

Anybody else feel like dragons are way, way too easy? The first killed me by eating me in one hit, but the rest have been cake so far. I was really looking forward to these fights... I could always up the difficulty, I guess.

Anybody else feel like dragons are way, way too easy? The first killed me by eating me in one hit, but the rest have been cake so far. I was really looking forward to these fights... I could always up the difficulty, I guess.

I am a dark elf, so the first dragons were absolutely no problem at all for me, because of the natural fire resistance. Now all I get are frost dragons, and on normal difficulty, they can be a serious bitch. Haven't died to one yet though, and I'm getting better at killing them.

Guest bitroast

Yes! That was hilarious. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

It's a fairly entertaining, decent looking pile of crap that I'll probably spend another 30 hours on.

haha, yeah, basically... i don't really see how this can be goty. maybe the biggest. i think the books in the game are a good metaphor for the rest of it: yeah, there's tons of them, you could spend 50 hours reading them all, and that's impressive, but most of the content is just not that compelling.

what skyrim lacks is a sense of urgency. you're never really in danger. any mistake is one quicksave away from not being a mistake. if a dungeon is too hard, you can scale the difficulty back mid-combat if you want. and combat difficulty seems to be purely a function of damage; the enemies don't get smarter, they just get stronger.

the world isn't even in danger. all these people with their super serious problems will happily wait for you to go complete another 30 quests before getting back to them with their missing son or whatever.

it's weird. you can easily waste hours doing basically nothing in this game, and not really notice... so i guess it has that going for it. but all the leveling up doesn't really make the game more enjoyable, just easier. it's hard to get excited or look forward to any of the missions, since they all basically boil down to the same thing.

Yup, I can agree on the urgency part. Skyrim seems one of those games you can play seriously, but isn't that serious in itself. Probably wants to be that way, but I don't like it.

i just joined the thieves guild (for some reason i thought it was a required part of the main questline, still not sure tbh), does this prevent me from joining other factions?

Guest futuregirlfriend

Nah, I did all the Dark Brotherhood stuff before starting the thieves guild quests. No problems.

I backed up my saves and started the game again this time focusing on magic, also my character will be a drunk and glug every bit of booze in sight.

i think the books in the game are a good metaphor for the rest of it: yeah, there's tons of them, you could spend 50 hours reading them all, and that's impressive, but most of the content is just not that compelling.

Totally.

yeah you can be in as many as you want.. guessing actually, I'm a companion now and I still have to find out, but Oblivion didn't impose any restrictions.

I'm a sneaky herbalist, sniping witches and brewing potions.. definetly going for the dark brotherhood when I come across it

:fear:

Guest disparaissant

ended up marrying uthgerd the unbroken, we are traipsing around skyrim killing orcs in the name of nordic purity and smooching a lot. whee!

Archived