IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V SKYRIM !! !!-11-11

skotosa

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fairly entertaining, decent looking pile of crap that I'll probably spend another 30 hours on.

haha, yeah, basically... i don't really see how this can be goty. maybe the biggest. i think the books in the game are a good metaphor for the rest of it: yeah, there's tons of them, you could spend 50 hours reading them all, and that's impressive, but most of the content is just not that compelling.

what skyrim lacks is a sense of urgency. you're never really in danger. any mistake is one quicksave away from not being a mistake. if a dungeon is too hard, you can scale the difficulty back mid-combat if you want. and combat difficulty seems to be purely a function of damage; the enemies don't get smarter, they just get stronger.

the world isn't even in danger. all these people with their super serious problems will happily wait for you to go complete another 30 quests before getting back to them with their missing son or whatever.

it's weird. you can easily waste hours doing basically nothing in this game, and not really notice... so i guess it has that going for it. but all the leveling up doesn't really make the game more enjoyable, just easier. it's hard to get excited or look forward to any of the missions, since they all basically boil down to the same thing.

I agree with you. The Elder Scrolls series of games aren't really that good (I mean, they ARE Bethesda games) but they fill the void that games like old Zelda used to fill and that modern puzzle-based Zelda doesn't. Look at how much excitement there is over Skyrim and how little there is over Skyward Sword. The sales numbers alone speak volumes.

Guest disparaissant

while i nominally agree (especially with the 'filling the void' comment)

i don't think its fair to compare a game thats on the two major systems and pc to a game that is wii exclusive.

who gives a shit about wii exclusives anymore lol

also everyone i know pirates the shit outta wii games and doesn't buy them

so i did the quest for maven(?), poisoning the brewery etc, and when im done and mavens little helper (who now owns the brewery) is standing there telling me how awesome we are who managed to pull it off, i accidently steal a loaf of bread off a table, and my new friend goes mental and starts yelling "thief! you're not leaving here alive!" or whatever. ffs, i hate immersion breakers like these, we've just pulled of a "genius scheme" together, and now he wants to kill me over a loaf of bread.

so i did the quest for maven(?), poisoning the brewery etc, and when im done and mavens little helper (who now owns the brewery) is standing there telling me how awesome we are who managed to pull it off, i accidently steal a loaf of bread off a table, and my new friend goes mental and starts yelling "thief! you're not leaving here alive!" or whatever. ffs, i hate immersion breakers like these, we've just pulled of a "genius scheme" together, and now he wants to kill me over a loaf of bread.

dunno, sounds like real-life petty ungrateful human nature to me :-D

i finished the civil war quest and i'm trying to do the mages guild but... it's gotten tedious. i don't know if i want to put more hours into this game.

also, the main (dragon) quest is glitched for me, so that sucks.

the old guy in the riften sewers won't come out of his room. also, he has no audio for his dialog. goddamnit, bethesda.

maybe i'll play more when they patch that.

i feel like i prefer fallout new vegas to this game. getting my character super high on chems and then shooting raiders until they explode is a lot more fun for some reason.

the old guy in the riften sewers won't come out of his room. also, he has no audio for his dialog. goddamnit, bethesda.

Crap, I just was down there and trying to kill him through the door slot earlier today (lol) and I had no idea he was plot related.

I hope it didnt break him. he never went aggressive, so fingers crossed

Guest futuregirlfriend

I don't believe it, first time seeing someone else riding a horse

mGtKV.jpg

I say that but

I saw a headless horseman outside Whiterun (I think) one night.

Maybe they'll release a patch that includes buying a horse for your companion? Too optimistic?

Guest disparaissant

hay guys isnt hardcore the coolest

oops i meant hardcode.

i guess i said hardcore because you are that cool man

:sup:

Guest futuregirlfriend

broken for me too.

ill never play this crap

through continuous lurking, i've deduced that you are a very negative poster. do you ever have anything positive to say? my mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

i mean, i know i don't really contribute anything to this forum, but does having a high post count give you the right to be a bitter douche?

not trying to hate. just trying to understand.

Archived