IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I read from people who have heard Head Cage in full that this song does not represent the sound of the entire album and it makes sense when you look at some of the track lengths. It might work, ya know? I really do like this band, especially Prowler and Terrifyer, but they've pretty much always slayed it. I saw them open for Napalm Death, too. 'twas nice. 

Sincere sorries for spamminess, just once more for convenience:

Admittedly i am quite desperate for any kinda feedback tho. Cheers.

Backlash is real:

36871313_279487392599584_193230900769587

36895743_279440082604315_387267075694919

uhmm this is hyper spastic adhd yum yum. if you made this all by yourself i'm seriously impressed

speaking of spastic grind nothing makes my blood boil more then some good ol regurgitate specialy this one and effortless regurgitation, so fuckin wild, nasty and GROOVY like fvkks

also been checking out Arkhtinn, each release is an amazing atmospheric black metal track that clocks around 30 minutes and an ambient track that also clocks around 30 minutes. You can get em all for free on bandcamp btw!

this shit has me on the edge of my seat, the whole album is a trip

last but not least the new drudkh album is amazing

The production is great, but not exactly my cup of tea when it comes to aggressive music. I actually prefer the aggression to be more raw and sloppy than highly detailed and technical. Sounds great though!

That photo was taken around 3 dollar bill ya'll i'll assume. They lookin' bad ass Ross Robinson style. They hadn't morphed into their next phase yet

3 dollar bill is a great album, instrumentally.. I wonder if there is a version out there without vocals lol

shameless self-promotion

uhmm this is hyper spastic adhd yum yum. if you made this all by yourself i'm seriously impressed

nah, we're an actual band (usually, although this one we did only as a 3 piece as our drummer was too busy selling out with ultha). actually i'm not much of an instrumentalist at all but i do write most of the music (in a daw / step sequencing software) tho.

Need to listen a bit more but I quite like the vox in this

:)

The production is great, but not exactly my cup of tea when it comes to aggressive music. I actually prefer the aggression to be more raw and sloppy than highly detailed and technical. Sounds great though!

Production was done all in-house by our "rhythm" guitarist. Yeah i'm happy with it, too, although i usually prefer a rougher sound but it's satisfiying the numerous details aren't lost this way. Yeh i reckon it's a bit on the wanky side for most ppl but i do think we got some proper ghey pop-appeal parts on this one, too, here n there (especially towards the middle and end ;3...).

@all: thanks a big bunch for bothering! <3 i got lost so deep within my own ass with this shit over the last 5 years or so i honestly have no idea anymore what it actually sounds like, really appreciate it! <3

______

concerning limp bizkit:

yeah i dug 3 dollar bill, too, when it came out :)

especially the break down @ 1:38 in leech:

last but not least the new drudkh album is amazing

kinda lost track of them long ago but i used to absolutely adore their first album, particularly this track:

*unsavory alarm*

Finally giving this a go. I'm into it! It's quite fiddly, but I like the little chops here and there. It's the kind of metal I wish I had enough patience to write/record.

Actually, looking at the bandcamp, it seems I'd somehow acquired a copy of the ATKA/Swarrrm split many years ago.. someone gave it to me along with a bunch of other stuff but I can't remember who.. it was either one of my bandmates or someone from here.

Finally giving this a go. I'm into it! It's quite fiddly, but I like the little chops here and there. It's the kind of metal I wish I had enough patience to write/record.

:beer: ... yeah i'd like to think some catchiness will reveal itself over time. thanks for checking shit out!

Actually, looking at the bandcamp, it seems I'd somehow acquired a copy of the ATKA/Swarrrm split many years ago.. someone gave it to me along with a bunch of other stuff but I can't remember who.. it was either one of my bandmates or someone from here.

yeah that split is probably still our biggest credential. actually it was swarrrm who approached us directly via myspace back in the day, quite the honor for us! the communication was srsly lol (or rather ror). i remember we had some of our most benevolent reviews in australia... anyway: thanks again! <3

the new Deafheaven album is something else

another outstanding black metal/shoegaze type release from this year is Møl, check em out if you're into the sound

some other stuff:

new Deafheaven sounds like they've stopped trying to blend black metal and post-rock and they just made a straight up post-rock album with all its cheesy tropes and added some black metal sections here and there

new Deafheaven sounds like they've stopped trying to blend black metal and post-rock and they just made a straight up post-rock album with all its cheesy tropes and added some black metal sections here and there

so they pretty much stayed the same? *ducks*

laying in the couch with a cold beer in front of a fan, dreaming of winter with this

i'v had it up to here with this boiling summer, fuck off already

huh, i'm quite familiar with ildjarn but never heard this, pretty fucking "cool"! love how the tracks just abruptly stop or fade out like "kfukugbye".

imagine the days when an album could be called "folkloric necro metal" and one didn't immediately think of a pisstake...

laying in the couch with a cold beer in front of a fan, dreaming of winter with this

i'v had it up to here with this boiling summer, fuck off already

huh, i'm quite familiar with ildjarn but never heard this, pretty fucking "cool"! love how the tracks just abruptly stop or fade out like "kfukugbye".

imagine the days when an album could be called "folkloric necro metal" and one didn't immediately think of a pisstake...

one of my fav BM albums, got lot's of punk attitude and soul, def an underground gem

so they pretty much stayed the same? *ducks*

lol

really though, this new one is something else. It's jarring

Any love for Barrow Wight? That outro

Possibly biased because stoned

yyyeah i'm kinda torn about this whole NWOTHM thing.

on one hand strictly musically speaking this shit is right up my old dusty alley. one could say it's downright tailored to appease my old school headbanger needs... but that exactly is also the problem: it's mere emulation, aping the 75~85 decade meticulously right down to superficialities like dress code, album covers etc. ... frankly it's all just a tad too picturesque to not insult the intellect. also if those bands of old would have followed similar modi operandi and merely duplicated elvis n shit we would have never gotten heavy metal in the first place...

anyway that being said some of those new bands are quite concvincing indeed. i had never heard or read about barrow white but it sure is a nice blend with some excellent riffage and deliciously sloppy drumming. not much a fan of tongue in cheeck LOTR lyrics but hey whatevs.

another band in a similar vein i can't get enough of these days is

WYTCH HAZEL

who only recently released their debut album:

while also somewhat anachronistic they really walk the walk. owing alot to dinosaur rockers wishbone ash, thin lizzy (yummy dual guitar leads galore!) and a bit tull they flawlessly simplify / condense shit in best NWOBHM manner into cuddly as well as catchy song formats. lyrically it's very obviously white light, putting off alot of people which i find kinda hilarious really. if neccessary just fade out the explicit heavenly terms and you're left with hymn after hymn about battles, spiritual survival and (daily) struggle... all good!

edit: and that voice... <3

oops they did it again:

still retro as fuk but somehow they yet again manage to avoid any sense of contrivedness or force, every bit as good as the first one imo.

on a completely different note i've been getting into cognizant feat. bryan "human drum machine" fajardo of gridlink / noisear fame. sounds a bit like more compact ulcerate, pretty cool. this recent split with bad rites (who i never heard of before, but they kick major ass on this, too) really does it today: