IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I'm finally clicking with Cobalt's Slow Forever. sick ting. re-reading Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms reminded me to try again.

Ooh yes, one of my faves of last few years.

Bell Witch's Mirror Reaper didn't get enough love, one of the best from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10q1ZJyLXFk

love the art as well, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's Zdzislaw Beksinski himself but rather it's an artist very much inspired by him.

a2573679411_10.jpg

Historically, the ritual encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backward holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face.There was, however, a chance that they would see a skull (or the face of the Grim Reaper) instead, indicating that they were going to die before they would have the chance to marry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_(folklore)

:music:

any info on the artist?

I just realised you were asking about the artist behind the Mirror Reaper cover. it's Mariusz Lewandowski, website here. gorgeous stuff, all strongly Beksinski-inspired, looks like.

i'm loving the fvkk out that archgoat album from last year, top production and great from start to finnish

that intro is lol

The opening lyric sounds like "doodie fated" which is the rest of my life in a nutshell.  :cool:

any info on the artist?

I just realised you were asking about the artist behind the Mirror Reaper cover. it's Mariusz Lewandowski, website here. gorgeous stuff, all strongly Beksinski-inspired, looks like.

Ah yeah damn I've misattributed some of Beksinski's work to him in the past, love the spider web like sheets he paints over his figures 

Listened to this for the first time today what an adventure

totally obsessed with the lick first time occuring at 55 secs into this atm (like every mega man theme ever condensed into one run):

the whole thing is cheesy af and i'm not much of a fan of the singing style / gang vocal stuff but yeah... somehow irresistible.

lol yeah that melody definitely sounds megaman inspired

The vocalist looks really out of place somehow.. maybe the lack of a microphone is part of it I dunno

Gin is kind of unique, but I think they get less black metal with each album. Eater Of Birds is also really good. The new vocalist for Slow Forever is Charlie Fell from Lord Mantis, who is recording a new album with him this year apparently.