Jump to content

Metal Appreciation Thread!


Guest Al5x
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2021 at 4:01 AM, jaderpansen said:

there is something wrong with you. not particularly metal, either... here, lemme help:

(jk oc whatevs floats the boats etc blah)

there's plenty wrong with me, but not in that way. folk rock can suck my ballsack forever. I wasn't going to start a thread just for that one post, besides which her music fits in with metal and she has worked with metal bands. same for Chelsea. I like stuff outside of cookiecutter hesher fare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Treated me with some fresh filth from the bowels of flanders, new Lugubrum and new alkerdeel album

 

both bands play steaming brown metal 💩, hope to see both live sooon

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, Ivan Ooze said:

Treated me with some fresh filth from the bowels of flanders

ned flanders underwear GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else into the new Cannibal Corpse album? Bit more thrashy than their previous stuff, some actual sick riffs and melodic parts among their usual impenetrable dissonance (which I do also love).

 

On 6/6/2021 at 11:52 PM, psn said:

Portal is some sick shit, maaaaaan. 😄

fuck I'm not sure if I'm ready to experience Portal again. I saw them live a few years ago stoned out of my mind (thanks to a friend's edibles that were way too strong for me) and it was too much lol. I definitely want to listen to them again at some point though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, modey said:

fuck I'm not sure if I'm ready to experience Portal again. I saw them live a few years ago stoned out of my mind (thanks to a friend's edibles that were way too strong for me) and it was too much lol. I definitely want to listen to them again at some point though.

Haha, sounds like a wrong combo... 😄

I'm still hoping to get to see them. Their first show around these parts a few years ago was cancelled due to reasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can't remember how I found this. probably through browsing Profound Lore's stuff. this one's the best track off the album. nice melodic bits.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ mfw no thicc grindcore trap gf

I haven't spent a lot of time with Deafheaven but I like the stuff I have heard. their new single is rather nice, even if not metal at all. very pretty chorus bits.

 

Edited by usagi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, usagi said:

^ mfw no thicc grindcore trap gf

I haven't spent a lot of time with Deafheaven but I like the stuff I have heard. their new single is rather nice, even if not metal at all. very pretty chorus bits.

 

lmao this is like one or two steps away from this sorta 90s thing in both music and video: 

 

On 7/2/2021 at 5:04 PM, zaizai said:

 

good shit

On 7/3/2021 at 12:37 AM, usagi said:

can't remember how I found this. probably through browsing Profound Lore's stuff. this one's the best track off the album. nice melodic bits.

 

good shit. drums coming back in about 5ish minutes those fills, some really strong shit

On 5/5/2021 at 8:22 AM, usagi said:

ERR has been a revelation to me. her style and sound is a delicious, dark antithesis to everything I despise about twee folksy female singer/songwriters which has always put me off so consistently that I wondered if there was something wrong with me. her and Chelsea working together is a match made in heaven.

 

really like this, reminds me a touch of Red Sparowes (before she joined them moreso than after tho, oddly). will have to give that whole album a listen. suited guitar player looks like he has a couple of men or women slaves in a basement chamber.

idk how y'all are into that Portal shit tho. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, auxien said:

lmao this is like one or two steps away from this sorta 90s thing in both music and video: 

 

what is it? all I've got is a grey box with "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, usagi said:

what is it? all I've got is a grey box with "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

It’s everything you want, it’s everything you need, it’s everything inside of you that you wish you could be. It says all the right things at exactly the right time, but it means nothing to you and you don’t know why. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...