IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I'm super into seeing Acid Witch, Bell Witch, Bongripper, Botanist, Gnaw Their Tongues, Kayo Dot, Lo-Pan, Primitive Man and SubRosa. The rest of the time I shall be drinking and stuff. Oh, and Enslaved.

Nice PSN, enjoying that Bolzer ep.

I've been on a big metal kick lately.

This first album has been my favorite metal album ever. It's math-y, prog-y, super heavy, and chant-y and dark and magical. I love it. Also apparently they are completely disappeared from the earth, as I bought their album on Bandcamp and the money came back to me a month later saying their Paypal was invalid. Magical mystery Russian metal 4eva. (So I guess you can get their album basically free from BC as long as you don't mind the cash disappearing for a month.)

Follow The White Rabbit - Endorphinia (full album)

Super poppy goofy fun metal that probably everyone here will hate but I love

iwrestledabearonce - Boat Paddle

Super poundy industrial blorgy blorg with the best metal band name to date

The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - Paul Bunyan and the Blue Ox

Ohhh maaaaan Tony D....one of my all-time favorites, just for the sheer insanity of it all. Didn't like Danza 4 as much as the others though. For me it's ALL about Danza 2. Just a nonstop beautifully chaotic mess, that album. Only lets up for the few skit tracks, which honestly are legitimately pretty hilarious and immensely quotable. Cannot recommend the album enough if you love heavy, complex music and wanna see just how extreme, grating, and relentless it can be.

[youtubehd]UfJhvziNrTI[/youtubehd]

Or actually just jump straight to this video for a "proper" introduction. 0:28 is just :blink:

[youtubehd]PB1atacTiA8[/youtubehd]

A mate in this band just released this new track / video and I'm digging it. Technical, Meshuggah-ish metal but with the occassional trumpet and clear vocals.

I'm super into seeing Acid Witch, Bell Witch, Bongripper, Botanist, Gnaw Their Tongues, Kayo Dot, Lo-Pan, Primitive Man and SubRosa. The rest of the time I shall be drinking and stuff. Oh, and Enslaved.

Noice, yeah, enough cool stuff to keep you occupied, but just a tad too expensive for me for not enough acts that I'd really like to see (or have already seen). I'm keen to see that ambient project from that Enslaved guy though, more than seeing Enslaved again. Definitely check out if Urfaust and Virus are your thing, they do pretty amazing stuff. Have fun anyway!

anyone else a fan of boris? they're, like, my favourite band in the world right now. going to see them live in may, so hyped.

Fuckin love boris, your in for a real treat. I saw them play Flood live (didn't play Flood I tho which was kinda lame) and a My Blood Valentine cover that was heavy as fuck.

Thanks for the rec NI64 . . got my face scraped off earlier. I like the melodic bits on Danza 4, I enjoy the contrast. But there's always room for a little extra brutality.

Also nice one Herr Jan, pretty good stuff they have going on there!

I'd really like an instrumental version of Pink (by Boris), as the monotonous shouty vocals sightly spoil it for me. The riffs and drums are just killer though.

I'd really like an instrumental version of Pink (by Boris), as the monotonous shouty vocals sightly spoil it for me. The riffs and drums are just killer though.

Ya, the vocals are their weak point, good thing they use them sparingly

(I think this is why I prefer instrumental music, vocals can make or break an artist)

I like some stuff by Boris (orange Heavy Rocks is good, keep meaning to get Flood) but I honestly feel they're an overpriced Melvins without the humour. IMO, of course. And they are named after a Melvins song, so there's that (I wish to own this album on vinyl one day, that cover hung on the wall for all to see).

[youtubehd]s9wq-34xyeE[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]BeL2ZNfvgAU[/youtubehd]

Did I mention that Periphery released two albums this year? I think the 2nd one was a bit bland but the first one was great.

[youtubehd]CDD0WuQcopQ[/youtubehd]

edit: 1st post again what the hell

Edited by Bechuga

Yeah, good 'ol Kreator!

And Boris is great, although I'm a bit picky when it comes to their discography: Altar, Feedbacker, The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked, Amplifier Worship, Rainbow and the Merzbow collab (Sun Baked Snow Cave) are my faves, should say enough I guess? I mean, goddamn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlvoTCHjo4

But man, that Bolzer EP is fucking great. Reminds me a tiny bit of my fave band from recent years, Obliteration, in terms of freshness. Cheers psn

edit: just had to post this epic one