IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I particularly like this Soilwork tune, that chorus gets me every time

[youtubehd]cy0qcwchftM[/youtubehd]

I suspect they're Kerrang material, but I've been obsessed with Karnivool since I saw them a few years back. Reminds me of Tool but this resonates more deeply to me.

[youtubehd]5lRc3eAtWNM[/youtubehd]

Also I re-ripped this excellent ep from Ephel Duath (RIP), good shit, I like the metal growls following the guitars closely.

[youtubehd]DkZAA1tvDIc[/youtubehd]

Definite shout outs to Genghis Tron as well. I love this track especially (less metal, more electronic, but fuckin great).

lol Nile is so fucking ridiculous. That track at least has a somewhat followable structure, but I remember borrowing one of their albums from a friend and it just sounded like a joke, everything was impossible 700bpm blast beats all the way

edit: this track

http://youtu.be/lCWXiT1iiWY

It just gets to a point where it's not even heavy/brutal anymore haha.. and hey, I like Necrophagist

Edited by modey

Nile's Black Seeds of Vengeance is a masterpiece.

yeah and so is in their darkened shrines, freakin masterpiece and they are beast live asswell

new Nile album in august wooohoooo

lol Nile is so fucking ridiculous. That track at least has a somewhat followable structure, but I remember borrowing one of their albums from a friend and it just sounded like a joke, everything was impossible 700bpm blast beats all the way

It just gets to a point where it's not even heavy/brutal anymore haha.. and hey, I like Necrophagist

a joke? these guys make some of the most honest and clever music made in modern day lol what are you saying

this ain't shit you play 5 times then throw in your pile of shitalbums

this musick is everything metal should be and they make soilwork sound like a retarded version of boyzone

a joke? these guys make some of the most honest and clever music made in modern day lol what are you saying

this musick is everything metal should be and they make soilwork sound like a retarded version of boyzone

[youtubehd]PAUu0IZ7_sc[/youtubehd]

haha, I wouldn't compare the two, really. Hey, I like melodic breakdowns as much as I like growls, what are you gonna do about it

I'm into my fair share of super fast stuff e.g. Cattle Decapitation, Necrophagist, etc but that Nile album really didn't do it for me. Is there a better start for them? I like blast beats but when they're pointlessly fast it kinda ruins it.. makes Cannibal Corpse sound like a doom metal band in comparison

Edited by modey

haha, I wouldn't compare the two, really. Hey, I like melodic breakdowns as much as I like growls, what are you gonna do about it

I'm into my fair share of super fast stuff e.g. Cattle Decapitation, Necrophagist, etc but that Nile album really didn't do it for me. Is there a better start for them? I like blast beats but when they're pointlessly fast it kinda ruins it.. makes Cannibal Corpse sound like a doom metal band in comparison

you have no clue modey and you are missing out big time, get the albums me and psn recommanded

pointlessly fast my ass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eLaOYBgvs

Edited by Ivan Ooze

hey, no need to be hostile, I just wasn't into that one album because it just seemed to be a blur of drums. I'll give them a listen!

hey, no need to be hostile, I just wasn't into that one album because it just seemed to be a blur of drums. I'll give them a listen!

i'v murdered for less, modey get those albums, read the lyrics, listen till you puke and in a year you will serve me in the netherrealm

i'v murdered for less, modey get those albums, read the lyrics, listen till you puke and in a year you will serve me in the netherrealm

Ivan was just masturbating his war god, nothing personal

Ivan was just masturbating his war god, nothing personal

bechunga you will serve me aswell and together we will bang our heads into pillows while listening to the album

I'll embrace ridiculous blast beats if you embrace emo choruses

cmon, reveal your inner deftones

Edited by modey

I'll embrace ridiculous blast beats if you embrace emo choruses

cmon, reveal your inner deftones

haha i have no problem with em but nile is mastercraft

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Nile is fucking sick, Karl Sanders is a beast. As has been mentioned Black Seeds of Vengeance and In Their Darkened Shrines (my personal fav) are amazing, I'd also add Annihilation of the Wicked to that list of essentials... that 3 album streak is pure gold.

Ithyphallic is probably their weakest album but I still found it pretty decent. This reminds me I really haven't given At The Gate of Sethu much of a listen yet, suppose I should get on that.