IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

i also recommand gorerotted - mutilated in minutes

not the huge challenge that nile albums are, but it's a superfun 10/10 album

the drummer is a friggin woodchopper on meth and the guitarriffs are just tank heavy, ultracrisp vocals with hilarious lyrics, worth checking out!

8805.jpg

:beer:

i also recommand gorerotted - mutilated in minutes

not the huge challenge that nile albums are, but it's a superfun 10/10 album

the drummer is a friggin woodchopper on meth and the guitarriffs are just tank heavy, ultracrisp vocals with hilarious lyrics, worth checking out!

8805.jpg

:beer:

lol.

That may very well be the worst song I've heard this year. Still though, fuck yeah on the BSF reference.

Here's another horrid song that also qualifies as thread sacrilege (although the cover art and lyrical content are pretty metal):

If you haven't seen it yet it's a horrible movie, but you should probably watch it anyway

• 2 weeks later...

as some1 who hasnt bought a metal album since 1987 could any of yous cunts recommend 5/6 albums made since 2000-ish worth a listen?

i'm so out the loop, but heavier the chuggier the better (not necessarily slow drone doe)

nile - in their darkened shrines

that i'll keep you happy for quite a while you old fart

I'd go with Black Seeds of Vengence, though.

Mastodon- Leviathan <OR> Remission

Thou- Heathan

Nails- Abandon All Life

Light Bearer- Lapsus

Indian - From All Purity

• 3 weeks later...

Nails- Abandon All Life

came here to post about these guys. fucking good band, just discovered them in the last hour before I had to go to bed and now I'm up listening to all their stuff

off the first record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUt9vSIk5Y

off the second record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXd8DVlGvsY

love it. incidentally "Suum Cuique" was how I ran into them, I was idly browing yt for a Miles Whittaker (Demdike Stare) sideproject of the same name.

I'm finding Pallbearer mad boring. I listened to Sorrow & Extinction just now and it sounded like a maudlin, shitty Dopesmoker. am I wrong?

will try again later. I might be being too harsh because I was just listening to Nails and then switched to this and it sounded dull and plodding by comparison. also I have the volume down cos at work, which is probably not allowing it to soar properly.

I'm finding Pallbearer mad boring. I listened to Sorrow & Extinction just now and it sounded like a maudlin, shitty Dopesmoker. am I wrong?

will try again later. I might be being too harsh because I was just listening to Nails and then switched to this and it sounded dull and plodding by comparison. also I have the volume down cos at work, which is probably not allowing it to soar properly.

I can't stand much stoner metal/doom anymore, tbh. The whole genre has become a pastiche of itself, with slow minor pentatonic riffs and Ozzy style vocals, nobody's doing anything interesting with the genre anymore

yeah, I do feel that way about stoner stuff now. and I really dislike Ozzy style vocals in present day bands, it sounds so affected.

however I think "doom" is much broader and still has a lot to offer. I think there's still plenty of interesting stuff going on in that arena with more experimental bands. like this!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=52lu4B5II-k

what do you reckon? one of my favourite new discoveries.

You guys might dig The Body, it's Doom/Sludge with a lot of industrial influence, incorporates a lot of electronics as well... definitely different than the standard Sabbath worship.

I love doom metal, but I will agree Pallbearer is a bit boring and tedious to listen to, I got over them rather quickly. There's a lot of samey stuff within doom that sounds generic, but there's plenty of great stuff being released recently as well.

This recent thread on the doommetal subreddit is a great overview of a lot of the better bands to release material in the last couple years...
https://www.reddit.com/r/doommetal/comments/3qcjnn/my_ipod_playlist_of_recent_doom_stoner_and_retro/

lol that's exactly what I posted above, the facken link didn't embed.

but yeah, it's The Body. fucking loving this band. the electronic elements on I Shall Die Here are thanks to The Haxan Cloak on production.

Oh haha, I didn't click the link.... But yeah The Body is great they also did a collaboration album with Thou (another great doom band) , I think I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread... It's heavy as fuck!