IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Anyone else a fan of Cattle Decapitation? Their latest album is pretty damn amazing imo

Haven't been following them for a while tbh but (time for some shameless self promotion) Travis (the vocalist) used to play in a noise/ambient/drone project with the part-time bassplayer of Creation is Crucifixion by the name of 5/5/2000 with who my first little noisegrindband did a split CD in 2003 (http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/5-5-2000/5-5-2000_-_Piz_Urlaun/260834), freaky times!

Spent yesterday listening to Discordance Axis. Man I love this band.

[youtubehd]mINKK1Hpm3c[/youtubehd]

Quoted for emphasis. This fucking album! It's economics alone are astounding: No other music (i know at least) manages to completely draw you into such a tight ATHMOSPHERE in mere 1 minute track formats. The days i was big into grindcore are mostly over, but this monster is here to stay forever (...alone)! 10/10. Perfect.

OK, now for my mission of not posting in this thread without at least one NWOBHM recommendation, here's one of the most insane vocal deliveries in heavy metal history:

Sit through it, you'll know what i mean :).

Sorry if i'm getting spammy.

Those are some hectic vocals indeed, you don't hear much of that NWOBHM Dickinson-esque, almost operatic thing these days.

There's been some great stuff in the most recent Radio Fenriz podcasts, particularly liked this: https://soundcloud.com/furze-29250360/goat-cyclus

Also, 666th post, awooooooo!

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

Those are some hectic vocals indeed, you don't hear much of that NWOBHM Dickinson-esque, almost operatic thing these days.

There's been some great stuff in the most recent Radio Fenriz podcasts, particularly liked this: https://soundcloud.com/furze-29250360/goat-cyclus

Also, 666th post, awooooooo!

I was mostly referring to the 12 second scream @ 3:08 XD ... Yeah well, there's still quite alot of niche-/ "true" metal with operatic vocals around, it's just that most is rather shit and the public image of metal nowadays consists mostly of the extreme stuff , especially black metal, Abbath memes and all...

Speaking of which: Woah, new Furze... Happy to hear the Reaper back in "up-to-UTD"-mode (couldn't really get into the full-on Sabbath worship as of late)! Good one!

OK, here's a try at thread hymn:

and some more NWOBHM of the snot nosed variety:

Yeah, new Furze sounds like back to form! Seeing them live in two weeks, will be sweet.

o_O

Envy! Didn't even know he assembled a live band! That's awesome!

_________

Feeling this belongs here at least once, too:

dmnUp8N.gif

Props to Spanish Guy!

• 2 weeks later...

^Shit, that's some angry stuff going on! And more than just a tad of Entombed in their sound, HM2s and all.

I saw Vektor yesterday, oh my god what a fucking ripping band. Best gig in ages.

New track from their upcoming album:

• 2 weeks later...

And more than just a tad of Entombed in their sound, HM2s and all.

this remark led me to discover Entombed. really digging it.

also I found this video in my travels which is quite enjoyable to watch, by one of Carcass' guitarists. nice riffage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKukfHAVTVM