IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

only new metal album i got this year is from nile

i'm missing the magic from the past but none the less it's pure awesome metal, i guess i got a permanent sarcophallus for em no matter what

my wife surprised the fuck out of by gifting me battles in the north from immortal on cd a few weeks ago, i only had it on tape years ago and i blew a load of grim frostcum when i heard it on my soundsystem, album is an absolute must have!!

my wife surprised the fuck out of by gifting me battles in the north from immortal on cd a few weeks ago, i only had it on tape years ago and i blew a load of grim frostcum when i heard it on my soundsystem, album is an absolute must have!!

That is true!

^We had a talk about it a few pages back, great album, great band

This is mean! Glad I discovered this.

Oh nice, I liked the first album quite a bit, gonna have to check out this one

My homeboy is getting his show broadcasted on NTS Radio in the future, win win because I already listened to both so now they've rightfully found each other. These shows have been about 90% of my total metal consumption these years (before these shows it was mainly the BOTW thing).

• 2 weeks later...

missed everything metal last year thanks to the afx sounddump but this week i catched up and treated myself to some excellent releases i totally missed in 2015, highly recommand it to anyone so check em out!

the first 3 bands are active for 20years(!) and released maybe their best work just now

dodheimsgard - a umbra omega

excellent production, and so much stuff going it's gonna take me a while to digest but totally worth sinking your teeth in, i love the artwork asswell

Kamfar - Profan

i'm a total sucker for norwegian black metal and this is top notch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPXGQZAK0IY

Solefald - World Metal,Kosmopolis sud

i'v always been a huge fan of this crazy band but they outdonne themself this time and released a variated to absolute fucking max album without a single weak moment, can't believe i missed this, i am total fuckin hype about this album, support these true musicians and seriously do yourselfs a favor and buy this album!!!

Black cilice - mysteries

necro vomit caveman black metal from the most stench ridden casket

this sounds like it was recorded with a potatoe in a morgue, by the end of the tracks there is headache feedback all over the place excellent black metal with a vocalist that sounds like a fart in a coffin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXcLsJhh1q0

also been downloading my massive pile of "metal" cd's on my laptop, came a cross some forgotten jewels you at least should check out

Hypocrisy - The fourth dimension

simple, variated and catchy songs with excellent production, my favorite hypocrisy album

Brodequin - instruments of torture

this is so fucking brutal and beef like fuck, absolute destruction and a classic!

Impaled Nazarene - tol comp norz norz norz

i can't believe this is from 1991, a delightfull obscure cacaphony of true shroomhell on earth, their first album and it's my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19TtWG-dbE

more to follow, i am so back into fucking metal lol :beer:

can anyone recommend some good Thrash metal albums?

bit of an odd connection - but was watching Power Rangers the other night, and it sparked a sudden urge to listen to some

bit of an odd connection - but was watching Power Rangers the other night, and it sparked a sudden urge to listen to some

Kreator - Coma of Souls is a classic

also check out Nervosa, they're a current all-female thrash band from brazil, fucking excellent

umm, most of the thrash I listen to is kinda proggy though, Contradictions Collapse by Meshuggah sounds like what Metallica would have made after Justice if they'd continued with the prog style (except with better guitar solos, drumming, vocals, everything really).

Oh damn, thank for the headsup on the new Kampfar, Ivan. I hadn't even heard any news about that anywhere, but definitely need to check that soon. Djevelmakt was amazing.

And Ulver's new album has some metal-ish moments even!

!!!!

Don't get your hopes up too high, it's really not a metal album at all. It does, however feature more electric guitar and Glammer Hammer, for instance, gets pretty heavy and sludgy post-rockish. To an extent that Swans came to mind, it would be a crazy good collaboration, at this point of both bands' careers.

Kreator - Coma of Souls is a classic

also check out Nervosa, they're a current all-female thrash band from brazil, fucking excellent

umm, most of the thrash I listen to is kinda proggy though, Contradictions Collapse by Meshuggah sounds like what Metallica would have made after Justice if they'd continued with the prog style (except with better guitar solos, drumming, vocals, everything really).

ooo great suggestion - big Meshuggah fan, but never listened to their old stuff - will defo check

shall also give Kreator a go - more so looking for some 'classic' stuff, so will leave Nervosa till later

The drummer in this band is an animal, really delivers in the closing track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im78cAVDyfQ

Not conventional thrash, much more progressive. If you like this singing style you'll probably love it, dude is a bit much for me at times but the band as a whole are on point. Not something I'll listen to all the time but when I do it gets me amped.