IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Ive been starting to listen to some slayer recently(yeah im total noob),pretty cool stuff,

some of the best guitars ive heard in metal.It has been heavily influencing my new tracks and music.

Been relistening to Korn Untouchables ,best album by Korn by far.Epic.

Edited by fxbip

Dawn of Possession is so fucking great.

Forreal. I'm honestly disappointed I spent so much time listening to IDM instead of metal.

Oh shit, thought the new Vektor wasn't released until the 12th for some reason, turns out it was released on the 5th. Still waiting on my order to arrive in the mail.

Album stream here:

In the process of giving it the first full listen

Edited by Hail Sagan

For the "blackgaze" fans (think Alcest, Amesoeurs, Les Discrets, etc...), there's a cool album coming out next week:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/sylvaine-wistful-album-premiere/

added to my long list of music to check out

when it comes to "blackgaze" lately I really dig the stuff that's still pretty heavy on tortured vocals and depressive black metal influences, like that KZOHH song I posted earlier. I liked the last Alcest album Shelter ok but it was too dull and mellow, I would of rather just listened to straight up shoegaze

Edited by joshuatx

For the "blackgaze" fans (think Alcest, Amesoeurs, Les Discrets, etc...), there's a cool album coming out next week:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/sylvaine-wistful-album-premiere/

added to my long list of music to check out

when it comes to "blackgaze" lately I really dig the stuff that's still pretty heavy on tortured vocals and depressive black metal influences, like that KZOHH song I posted earlier. I liked the last Alcest album Shelter ok but it was too dull and mellow, I would of rather just listened to straight up shoegaze

Can't top this (shitty youtube quality tho):

onfg, those dude are totally ripping off justin bieber font!!!1

justin-bieber-purpose-tour-merch4_o3s4e4

Yeah. People have been ripping off the beebs retroactively for decades now,

s-l400.jpg

plus they're all ugly and none of them can dance for shit either. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Some pretty serious Frank Frazetta (RIP 2 tha gawd) influence at work on the album art as well.

Edited by Hail Sagan

onfg, those dude are totally ripping off justin bieber font!!!1

justin-bieber-purpose-tour-merch4_o3s4e4

Yeah. People have been ripping off the beebs retroactively for decades now,

s-l400.jpg

plus they're all ugly and none of them can dance for shit either. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Some pretty serious Frank Frazetta (RIP 2 tha gawd) influence at work on the album art as well.

the funny thing is in an official statement pentagram admitted they ripped the font themselves from the cover of sabbath bloody sabbath... i was like "how the fuck did i never notice this?!" XD

apropos pentagram: in commemoration of the passing of terry jones (yeah no, not that one) exactly one year ago i hereby post some damn dööööm by the legendary pagan altar who somehow managed to go pretty much unnoticed for 20 odd years til their first official release:

those vocals mang... T_T one of the true godfathers of awesome nasal metal vocals!

more great nose metal (let's start off with some more doom for context reasons):

this album raised quite the ruckus back in 06, still it should be their last. from a metal archives review:

"I definitely liken this album to sitting in your best friend's bedroom as a 13 year old, forced to listen as he proceeds to pour his heart out about Wendy Syphilis or whatever his latest crush is. That's pretty exactly what this is, just stretched out for an hour."

but now for the real deal, mr. nose himself: MARK THe FUCKINGF SHARK OF MIGHTY MANILLA ROAD!!1

this is my fav manilla track and it's not even on any album... dat beatdown at 4 min... das some balls asploding action right there!

less nose but just as legendary in terms of epic metal: CIRITH UNGOL! most people would probably recommend foot or king first, but my fav has to be the debut with hits such as "i'm alive" and "edge of a knife"... which i can't happen to find on the tubes dafuq?! maybe even better is this: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Cirith_Ungol/Servants_of_Chaos/67593 because more synthy and annoying.

k this live version is as good as it gets apparently:

gotta love those lyrics. i know for a fact that this album actually saved the live of a quite notorious grindcore singer person!

this album raised quite the ruckus back in 06, still it should be their last. from a metal archives review:

"I definitely liken this album to sitting in your best friend's bedroom as a 13 year old, forced to listen as he proceeds to pour his heart out about Wendy Syphilis or whatever his latest crush is. That's pretty exactly what this is, just stretched out for an hour."

you trying to make me kill myself dude? That's some of the most miserable albeit catchy sounding stuff I've heard since U.S. Christmas, who, by the way, have one of the dumbest fucking names in the history of music.

honestly though, I'm not a trve metal head by any stretch of the imagination. I'm pretty averse to the vast majority of black metal, growling death metal, and heroin-addled, sludgy doom stuff. I jam stuff like Devin Townsend, Mastodon, Kvelertak, Rammstein, Vektor, Iron Maiden, old 'Tallica, Tool, your avatar's band, Mega Deth, Opeth, etc.

no doubt. just saying I'm not down in the trenches with the real heroes.

On a side note I'm loving this new Kvelertak. Way better than that first single lead me to believe.