IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Anyone else here just love the fuck out of this album? I recommend the shit out of it.

yep, was a wonderful and quite unexpected return to "melody" after the more industrious and / or cacophonous "work" and "odin"... the former is still my fav tho. this tune is just relentless:

loving the godflesh vibes. GSÜE!

I actually really like Fenriz's almost forensic interest in metal and I've discovered loads of great bands off the back of it; part of what got me into Darkthrone and Fenriz was one of those videos where he's just talking at length about the kick drum sound off a Metal Church record. His enthusiasm/love for metal just shines through, same as where Legowelt's talking about some sort of obscure Japan-only FM synth or something 

*drinks the virgin's blood*

sure, sure nothing against shoptalk but does he really have to rub everyone's nose in it at every possible occasion? i dunno. releasing a new track and a reception catalogue to go with it might be considered upfront, showing artistical integrity, historical awareness etc. blah blah i guess but to me it's just bewildering and somewhat annoying at this point. black metal libretto no thanks.

demented as the count might be i kinda feel his kind of self-dissection more:

srsly what a silly fellow, tho... some good lols in his channel:

Edited by jaderpansen

I'm just happy to see that somewhere beneath it all, the geeky teenager he once was is still alive.

and all despite being a responsible, down to earth and reasonable family man, too! i mean check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t_3XCUZkS4

@ handels: flol, i bet this data will some day be useful to prove some of his barbarian invasion theories or something...

Edited by jaderpansen

Heh, in my head I still thought of Varg as being this super-skinny bearded Macaulay Culkin lookalike but it seems he's kind of filled out into a middle-aged survivalist-looking guy.

Time marches on.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

I'm just happy to see that somewhere beneath it all, the geeky teenager he once was is still alive.

and all despite being a responsible, down to earth and reasonable family man, too! i mean check this out:

he's still an ass backwards mysoginist and racist who thought everything was fine and dandy a number of centuries ago when we kept the darkies at bay and the women in the kitchen

love his channel though not gonna lie

I saw Wolves in the Throne Room the other night and the sage they light at the beginning of their set made the fire alarms go off and we all had to go outside for 10 minutes. Bit of a derp moment.

My friend who is a metal maniac made listen to some songs from Machine Head 1st album Burn My Eyes,i was quite impressed! Quite amazing metal!

Edited by fxbip

Machine Head are great, I don't listen to them enough. Their recent stuff is awesome too. I used to love The Burning Red in my nu-metal days but it's admittedly a bit laughable now due to the 'rapping'