IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

UNHOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!

After recent reunion Cirith Ungol to headline Keep it true 2017, first european show ever!!

14517554_1357166651000588_62164365340574

Fuck, this is awesome! Proper old school territory

Also never been a huge Slayer fan but even so Araya's scream at the start of Angel of Death remains one of the all-time masterful metal moments. Fucking lethal.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

Heard this on a Julian Cope mix of mad '60s psychedelicia (worth a listen in itself):

Unhinged proto-BM gear from 1969:

Heavy.

Edited by Leon Sumbitches

completely obsessed with two hunters by wolves in the throne room. was driving home listening to "vastness and sorrow" and realized i was nearly going 100 mph in a 55. the last three minutes of that track into the first few of "cleansing" are pretty amazing. i know a lot of black metal fans scoff at this band but i haven't heard a single thing in that genre that rivals what's on this album. any suggestions?

I love that album as well. I don't care if they're a "hipster" BM band, they're probably my favourite. I really liked Scar Sighted by Leviathan as well, have you heard that one?

i'll check that out. been meaning to look into leviathan. i'll admit to not listening to much black metal beyond burzum and darkthrone, which are both fine but don't scratch whatever itch i have that wittr satisfy. i think it's the interplay of ambient passages and pummeling rock. they balance that better than any band i've heard outside of gybe!, which seems to be a big influence on them. 

If you're into WITTR you should definitely check out Weakling. WITTR picked up most of their style (and even a few riffs) from their album.

If you wanna check out Leviathan, there's an insane amount of material. I think the EP The Blind Wound from 2006 is a highlight.

completely obsessed with two hunters by wolves in the throne room. was driving home listening to "vastness and sorrow" and realized i was nearly going 100 mph in a 55. the last three minutes of that track into the first few of "cleansing" are pretty amazing. i know a lot of black metal fans scoff at this band but i haven't heard a single thing in that genre that rivals what's on this album. any suggestions?

Mgła - Exercises in Futility

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars

Blut Aus Nord - 777: Sect(s)

Urgehal - Goatcraft Torment

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

LVTHN - Eradication of Nescience

Watain - Lawless Darkness

Mgła - Exercises in Futility

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars

Blut Aus Nord - 777: Sect(s)

Urgehal - Goatcraft Torment

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

LVTHN - Eradication of Nescience

Watain - Lawless Darkness

def some gold here

some of my favs you need to check out asap, most have played them a million times

Satyricon - Nemesis Divina

Enslaved - below the lights

Taake - Noregs Vaapen + doedskvad

Sort Vokter - folkroric necro metal

Negura bunget - om

The ruins of beverast - foulest semen of a sheltered elite

Spectral lore - III

Oranssi  Pazuzu - varahtelija

Gorgoroth - under the sign of hell

Cultes des Ghoules - henbane

Ildjarn/nidhogg + ildjarn/hateforest

absu - tara

check early krallice. close enough i guess and shits all over wittr imo. was about to say weakling, too, yo.

An old tune but a few days ago I played this out as loud as I could get away with. It was absolute awesome.

:catbed:

I love Seventth Son, partly because it's a bit of a weird outlier in terms of the concept album vibe and the heavy synth use and also because I have nostalgic memories of borrowing the CD from my library as a young teenager and getting my dad to burn a copy for me. Pretty out-there cover art as well.

Also, what a tune; the little medieval outro is just the icing on the cake:

the di'anno albums have the most special place in my heart actually, tho the discography is indeed quite consistent up to said seventh son. tbqh i just never really liked bruce's voice... sacrilege i know. he was ok in samson tho.

speaking of krallice, they dropped quite some new tracks on their recent (first) US tour, conveniently assembled by yours truly:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZCrS8qHz4Nvz8LiRBVm6ZuFRi0BnL0oe

this gonna be a big one. ugly, too.

found this awesome old funeral video

check out abbath and demonaz before immortal :biggrin:

it seems some of em got together again to do some live shows?

awesome but goddaaamn they should have gotten Varg in it 2, fuuck!!

Edited by Ivan Ooze